Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would we still dress, IF..........

Banned Read only

Question Would we still dress, IF..........

Like most anyhting, once something has been achieved, it's just not quite as good as it had been just thinking about it.
    The having can sometimes prove to be not as attractive as the wanting.

If we could dress every day, go anywhere or do anything, with no fear of recrimination or rejection, if society accepted us completely, would it be as much fun? Would it feel as good? Or more to the point, feel as NAUGHTY?!?!? Would our desires soon ebb, now that it's okay to be this way?

I suspect it would become a regular thing and not such a big deal much like it is for genetic women now. Actually, I'm at this point myself and can take it or leave it really. Seems to be pretty routine to me anyway and now I'm "exploring" being and dressing comfortable vs "flashy". What I concentrate on these days is my relationships with others and am finding out it's mostly about people being people. Kind of a win/win situation really. Clothing and so called dressing "standards" can disappoint a person but people never will if we take the time to truely get to know them. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

Anyway, welcome to the Forum and enjoy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Welcome Charlotte. Well, let me say that I just about go anywhere dressed
    as I please and in the end, that's just me. I pass but don't intentionally try.
    Sometimes I reveal my gender. The key to acceptance is to is who you are and not what you look like. For sure, there will always be biggits, but in the end, they are just ignorant. It is always more rewarding to be free to dress
    to your own taste. I have not lost the desire for the pretty side of me and
    I have been doing this for years!

Penny
    "Lady Fingers"

No IF for me...

I love to wear skirts...so I wear them most of the time....
    Down here in South Florida is anyway no IF as far as I can tell
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

It has been nearly a year that I have been living f/t as the woman I always felt I was. I still enjoy being a woman and do not see it ever changing. Finally I am the real me!

Eileen

It is better to travel in hope than reach your destination and be dissapointed
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Gold Member
    I think I would. I LOVE looking and feeling pretty! Maybe I am vain, but I am pretty proud of my taste in women's clothes. People are often complimenting the things I wear. At work everyday I have people wanting to touch my fake fur coat. [NO need to kill critters for a nice coat.] Yes I tell them it is fake.

But oh gyod, if I could get away with it, I would be a real doll all the time. Seldom if ever dressed like a hooker.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    There is no naughty feeling for me. I dress femme because I feel it is the right way to dress. I have always felt like this. It will never go away.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Cross View Post
    Like most anyhting, once something has been achieved, it's just not quite as good as it had been just thinking about it.
    This is a favorite topic of mine, but I will be mercifully short in my response.

To most of us life is a journey that has only one final destination. A proverb from somewhere states that we should 'remember the journey - not the destination'! I have a copy of a speech from a conference sometime back that says that we reach various waypoints only so we can see what lies ahead. If we stop looking for what lies ahead we will surely wither and maybe, even literally, die.

So the answer to the question is a resounding YES and while we are doing it we will be enjoying, developing and finding new ways to express ourselves.

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar
    Like most anything, once something has been achieved, it's just not quite as good as it had been just thinking about it. The having can sometimes prove to be not as attractive as the wanting.
    I'm sort of feeling this way about the transformation I want to have early in to next year. In many ways there is a fair bit riding on it. My own attempts with makeup and hair have been, well, quite dissapointing, and I seldom feel the need to flesh out to a reality that includes either. However, I really want to see what a professional can do with me, and see if I can be made to look somewhat passable. Doesn't have to be perfect, just not a dude in a dress. The outcome of this experiment will likely take me down one of four paths:

I can be made to look somewhat passable and I continue to explore this avenue further, improving my own makeup and emulation skills and eventually taking my show on the road.

I can't be made passable, but I decide "f**k it" and take my show on the road anyhow.

I can't be made passable and decide that I'm just going to stay home, fully dressed as best I can with my meager skills but with no real desire to exhibit myself.

I can't be made passable and decide that wigs and makeup are stupid on a dude anway. So I do continue dressing (obviously), but just in the same private way I've done it all along.
    It takes a real woman to handle this man, in a dress!
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "Let me guess....on your bedroom floor?"
    "No, ON ME!"

I would have to say for myself, yes. Being able to dress and feel feminine daily would still feel as wonderful as the few occasions I get to now.

If we could dress every day, go anywhere or do anything, with no fear of recrimination or rejection, if society accepted us completely, would it be as much fun? Would it feel as good? Or more to the point, feel as NAUGHTY?!?!? Would our desires soon ebb, now that it's okay to be this way?
    Well, I've been dressing and going out, for over a year now, and I really have not been bothered about the way I look. Do I think I'm passable? NO!

But I enjoy my life and people who knew me as a guy, show genuine respect and acceptence of my fem persona.

Is it fun? YES! But it's really more about me being comfy with myself.

Naughty? Hmm, if I were in my twenties, maybe, but for now, I enjoy dressing in a manor that is acceptable for the general public.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Society is more accepting than you think - at least it is in the Atlanta area. I spent much of today out dressed running errands and shopping. I speak with people (and my voice is not particularly feminine) and I don't dress in jeans and a sweatshirt. I had on a cloth jacket, mock turtleneck top, corduroy skirt, hose, and 2" heels. I passed with some people and was read by others. Did it make a difference? No. I was still treated as a lady everywhere I went.

I can do this almost any day, but choose to only do this about 4 days out of every month, on average. It's simply too time consuming for me to spend 2 hours getting ready to do it more often than that.

Is it still fun everytime I am out as Phoebe? You bet it is. Naughty? I don't think I have ever regarded crossdressing as naughty for me.
    Phoebe

Brianna, remember I have seen the pictures from your dinner the other night. If you ain't passable, you still look very good to me!

I am envious of your ability to present en femme 24/7. If I had The Opportunity, if we could gain some public tolerance, I'm pretty sure that I would do the same. Would it grow tedious and dull for me, I doubt it. Joanie dresses darn near every day. We just don't get out that often.

As others have said, if it feels natural, why would it become boring? I would probably modify my clothing a bit, wear more "slob/casual clothes," like the current trends, but I can't imagine not dressing.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I think it's revealing that you ask would it still be naughty. For some of us it never was naughty. It's just a side of us that we have to keep either secret or in a low profile. And if it were generally permissible, speaking for myself, it would be a great thing. The pleasure of dressing in beautiful things would never go away through sheer repetition or public acceptability.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Releasing the genie?

ABSOLUTELY I'd give up all my other two wishes if the genie gave me that one.

I would want to look good too, though! Ah, well - I should have asked for that second wish after all!!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Not Naughty, Just Do It!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    I think it's revealing that you ask would it still be naughty. For some of us it never was naughty. It's just a side of us that we have to keep either secret or in a low profile. And if it were generally permissible, speaking for myself, it would be a great thing. The pleasure of dressing in beautiful things would never go away through sheer repetition or public acceptability.
    Ruth, you are very perceptive. And good looking!!

I dress to please myself and find it comforting. Since my wife died I don't try to pass, but do wear femme clothes in public a good deal of the time. What I wear is only my business. As my signature line says, Girl on the outside, man underneath. That is Stephanie!!! Changing public perception wouldn't make any difference to me.

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath

Depends on the person. With me I don't think it would change much. I don't go out for the thrill of the passing so much as the thrill of living. I enjoy "just being a girl" and going about my business.
    Sally

It's about all the clothes I have. Most days, it's Bra, panties, girls jeans and t shirt. Fro my job, I had to get some guys shirts. White shirts, that are thick enough, so my bra doesn't show. The other day I wore black velour jeans to work. Even though I don't wear a wig and makeup. I'm dressed fem....BJ

Silver Member
    The having can sometimes prove to be not as attractive as the wanting.

Hmmm. Not really a question of FUN here. It's just what I wear. And NAUGHTY? You want to be naughty? OK, dear. You can be as naughty as you want. Do you want your spanking now, or do you want it later?

We can go where we want, when we want, and how we want. The fear you feel is all in your head. If you have confidence in your self, if you know who you are and what you are, you can do what you want. The shame and guilt you feel is in YOU, not in others. Other people care not a whit what you wear. Wear a clown suit 24/7. People will think you weird, but that's all. They will get used to it. Wear a cowboy outfit 24/7. People will think you weird, but that's all. They will get used to it. Wear women's clothes just SOMETIMES. People will think you weird, but that's all. They will get used to it.

Are you a pervert? Of course not. Don't you KNOW that inside? Do you depend so much on others for your validation?

Are you a sex fiend? No, of course not. Don't you KNOW that inside?

Are you a good father, husband, worker, friend, churchmember, tax payer, law abiding citizen? Yes, you are. Don't you KNOW that inside? Why are you so worried about what others will think of you? Have some confidence in yourself.

Once you try this out, you will find that 99.9% of the people in this world are just too wrapped up in their own problems to pay you any mind at all. "Hey, I saw this guy in a dress today at the mall". "Yeah?" "Yeah, what's for dinner?" That's about all the interest you are going to enjoy. People just don't care that much.

And really, it's pretty egotistical of you to think that they do. Get over yourself. You're not that important. Wear what you want. Nobody cares that much.

The FACT is that you CAN wear what you want, go where you want, when you want. There is a lot of info on this forum about doing just that. Explore. And as for support, just ask. "How do you do that?" will get you lots of answers from lots of different people. Probably more than any other site.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I think it would be great to be able to express myself in the way I dress every day and not have to be afraid of being rejected by the world arround me.

If society was accepting it would make going out all that much better. Who wants to risk getting into a fight just for doing what they enjoy? I just would be out more if I did not have the worry.

Looking for a gentleman

Dress for the situation

I have been dressing for many years now. I go out dressed at least once a week and sometime more. Do I pass yes and no. Back in the day, when I was not as expereanced.
    Most of the time I was read! Now it's rarely that I'm read. Most of the time I'm just another ,well dressed, woman doing her thing! In that I mean I may tend to over dress. If the place calls for jeans in a tie shrit. I have a dress or skirt on, heals, hoes, jewrey ect. I do dress my age. if I'm going out to a club or a date maybe something alittle ****ty! But again I dress for the situation calls for. My goal is to pass be just another woman!
    Do I have fun dress ALWAYS AND FOR EVER!!! Love Tammy
    [B][LEFT][CENTER][/CENTERTammy

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    yes I would still wear skirts and dresses because i feel I am a woman, so it wouldnt make any difference to me

Aspiring Member
    I've also wondered about this question.
    I wish society would be more accepting so I could find out the answer!