Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My clothing choices.

My clothing choices.

My friends say my choice of clothes as a woman is very ****ty and I should tone it down. I don't really want to though. Does anyone else not only dress femme but dress wildly like me? I've been told I look like a hooker but I enjoy it.

The question is what do you like? While it may get us more "points" from others to dress and/or act more conservatively, it comes down to personal choice really and what makes you happy. You need to consider that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have to say that my choice of clothing is certainly nothing that I'd ever wear in public. The skirts I like to wear are just too short for someone my weight and age. I also enjoy costumes like French Maid or schoolgirl (although I don't have any at present) but would never consider wearing them where others could see me without wanting to.

It is a personal choice.. You have to go with what makes you happy. I probably look ridiculous in my sheer white babydoll nightie right now, all I know is that I love it and I feel great!

I'd like to think I look pretty good in shoer skirts. I only wear short skirts with long coats or cloaks and I like to wear tall heels usually boots. I've been told I would look better/more femme in less revealing clothes.

You would, like most of us, probably be more convincing as a woman in more conservative clothes because they tend to cover and slim obviously male shoulders for instance. You should dress however makes you happy. But when you're going out in public, you might want to give some thought to what women your age are wearing and try and dress appropriately for the situation.

I say wear what you want.. it is self expression.. if you're a ****ty grrl be that...

If you enjoy dressing that way then go ahead, there is a time and place for dressing "****ty", but if you want to be accepted in society then perhaps toning it down may help.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

dressing ****ty is how i would prefer to dress, but i try to dress in what looks good on me and what i can pull off. But ****ty is usually the goal.
    Last edited by fuzzybe; 12-20-2007 at 01:56 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana22 View Post
    My friends say my choice of clothes as a woman is very ****ty and I should tone it down. I don't really want to though. Does anyone else not only dress femme but dress wildly like me? I've been told I look like a hooker but I enjoy it.

Maybe your friends don't want to be out and about with a hooker. Clubs are one thing, lots of places it isn't appropriate.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I guess its a matter of knowing the when and where something might "normally" be appropriate. So long as you aren't dressing ****ty around children on a playground.
    When I go out, I tend to dress abnormally in that I wear a lot of "hippie/Bohemian/Gothic" type clothes. So I tend to stand out lol

Be comfortable, Be aware, Be safe

*hugs*
    Zara

I consider looking ****ty as a relatively easy mode of looking very feminine. It is a sort of an *extreme* feminine look, just a caricature. Then it is a very easy mode of being somewhat seductive. (there are naturally other modes of seduction, more sophisticated, but it might be more difficult for many of us to be able to reach them).

As for me I prefer looking ****ty than looking as the average girl next door. The average girl next door uses to look half-girl half-boy, or very dull.
    She is not sexy at all, and if I am to be a femme I want to be a prettier and sexier one....

Of course, If I would go outside, I would have to dress more conventionnally, more dull and ugly. It is the main reason I want not to go outside.

Hugs
    Nadia

You don't give us an actual photograph, just a very short pen picture. Everyone has a view on what '****ty' is and there are probably a 100 different opinions. If you mean sheer tops and very short skirts then some people may think it so. However, if you dress that way because you want and you want to be comfortable - then do it.

IMHO....it would depend on where you want to go. If you want to go shopping and such, then I would say ****ty is not the way to dress. If on the other hand you want to go clubing, then ****ty may be the way to dress. You can go shopping dress ****ty, but beware that people will take notice of you and it can get down right scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna2 View Post
    You don't give us an actual photograph, just a very short pen picture. Everyone has a view on what '****ty' is and there are probably a 100 different opinions. If you mean sheer tops and very short skirts then some people may think it so. However, if you dress that way because you want and you want to be comfortable - then do it.
    I like to wear tank tops and straped tops with short skirts. I like black and spikey collars and jewelry. Studded belts and boots. I think I'm gothic but I've been called ****ty. I also like furs and highest heels I can walk in.

does wearing a short denim mini skirt make you look ****ty ? i am yet to go out dressed but have a few shortish skirts i see these days some older women wearing them - i am nearly 40 but still think i could get away with a pair of knee length boots and a denim mini - mind you i saw a girl wearing just that today and its damn cold here in england at the moment it is winter after all she must have been freezing down below - women dont dress for the weather do they !

If you are "out" and open, and not in the closet, then just thin about "what is apropriot" =(spelling). I mean, If you are out in "public", then dress nice. If it is at a party or taking photoes for friends or a group, then dress dress as they want you too. But Please dont dress like a clown in public! You know WHAT I mean.. Those who dress kinda like a Fem, But bring out the thought of "what the heck is That", Kind of mentality in the public, (and yes these types DO bring out a bad rap upon US)! Our coulture needs some dignity! I do not know You, Hana, or how you dress in public, But just be respectfull, and up on the fashions if you have a question like this.. I think.
    Also You have done more than me As I have not even gone public yet!
    Just do the RIGHT thing..
    Melora
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]

my choice of clothing is more toned down but that is me, any choice you make in your appearance is your choice and should be respected be it male, female or crossdressed. there is no right or wrong, just YOU.

My clothes are rather conservative but you should wear what you want. If you choose to dress like a hooker stay off the street corners you may get more attention than you wish.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

There is a difference between ****ty and sexy. You can look very appealing, sexy, feminine and not look like a hooker. If that's what you want, fine. But I would play around with your look and see if you can find one that your friends like that still lets you express your inner girl.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Hana22 View Post
    Hello Hana,

I really can't tell anything about how you dress as I have not seen a picture of you in what you call ****ty clothes...
    It all depends also upon your general look. It is easier to dress extremely sexy if you are slim than if you are, like me, rather plump. But even then it is also a matter of style...

It also varies according to your goals: if your goal is to be seen and be a bit provocative, of course go for sexy clothes... If you want to blend in the crowds, then go for a softer style. It can still be very sexy but less provocative...

As far as I am concerned my goal being to blend in as much as possible, I tend to dress rather conservatively, except perhaps for tops that show my cleavage quite openly But that participates to my looking feminine...

Eugenie

Silver Member
    You know, dear, what you wear is your business. No one has a right to dictate to you WHAT you wear. Wear whatever you want.

BUT . . . . . if you want to be accepted by others as someone other than a ****, you will have to dress normally. ****ty people rarely get the kind of respect you may want, no matter what their gender. You may be embassassing your friends. They may not want to associate with "****ty" people. I don't really know. Why don't you ask them?

Now, if you stay in the closet, it doesn't matter a bit what you wear, does it? To go out in public, however, you have to pay a little attention to what others are going to think of you based on your clothing choices.

****ty GGs have just the same image problem as ****ty CDs. They can both be judged as ****s. Not very many people really LIKE or respect ****s.

So, as I said, wear what you want. But take responsibitity for your self. Dressing ****ty carries a message to others. Own it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I love wearing short skirts and heels. When I look around no other lady in her late 50's (almost any age now) looks that way. So yes I am going to stand out because of it. However, those clothes are what makes me feel good. The 3 piece suit with the long skirt is more conservative, but I gave it away because it was not the look that I like and wanted. I like my legs so I want to show them off!

I suppose your choice of clothing is more to do with what you like and not what anybody else does .End of the day ask yourself a question do i like what i wear? if the answer is yes then carry on !
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

I usually dress conservatively, but in private, things are different. When in drab in public places, the young women and older teens that are dressed like a **** attract my attention more than most other gg's, a plus if they are attractive, and repulsive if they are 100 pounds overweight. If you are trying to pass, don't dress like a flashing neon sign. If passing doesn't matter, go wild if you wish, and have a good time. Most of us that think they can never pass, could pass if they dress and act in a manner that blends in with the crowd.

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar

Hi, Hana...

I'm with you. My choice of dress tends to be a little racy. I like the way they look, and that's part of it. Also, I know that if I saw a woman dressed as I like to dress, it would be hypnotizing, ya know? When I search for clothes, I like looking at the styles of juniors.

I agree with the earlier post, that part of it deals with where you are going, and who will be there/ see ya.