Thread: shoes

Ruby

shoes

Want to buy heels, but it is confusing for me, converting my size to a womans size, will my foot fit it ? that is will girls shoe be wide enough?

nancyny04

Not a lot of options out there!!

Ruby - I have the same problem. My feet are not that big, men size 10, so I tried women size 10 1/2 wide. Its a little tight around the toes. The problem is that if I go to 11 then the shoe will be too long. Have not been able to find any good looking, open toed shoes that are Wide Wide online or in stores.

Ruby, with so many different makers of shoes, one size may fit by on maker and not fit by another. I would suggest that you try the shoes on before buying.

And shoe conversion charts aren't a great help because of that, and because they simply aren't always accurate.

http://www.xencraft.com/resources/in...retailing.html

Note that the shoe chart at http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html says my 7.5 US mens will convert to a 9 US womens. Not true, I wear an 8.5 US womens most of the time, but On pair I have is a little large and probably should have been an 8.
    DonnaT

Hope this helps

Well, I'm not going to stake my reputation on this place, since I haven't bought from them, but they seem like a good starting point:

http://www.crossdresser.com/index.asp

So far, the guideline of 2 sizes larger than the male size has been close. I've actually gone 1 1/2 sizes up and been right on each time. But that's b/c I'm a 10 1/2 men's and I can't find 12 1/2 women's anywhere.

If their shoe-sizing chart is good, it'd certainly be worth the $2.

Good Luck,

Brandy Marie Devereaux
    Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the hell with sugar and spice.

Hi Ruby, my personal experience is that really you need to try them on, I agree with Donna. The size varies with different manufacturers, even when they claim a certain size they can be half a size or more different. I use an out-of-town store called Brantano, they have loads of shoes, and nobody gives a second glance when I'm trying them on, so there is no embarrassment.

Good luck,

Linda.