Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on a place to get my ears pierced

Advice on a place to get my ears pierced

After an incredible enfemme weekend away with my wife....she and I discussed me getting my ears pierced. As some of you know I have asked advice as to how long it takes for them to recover and from what I understand it's anywhere from 3 days to 6 weeks.

Anyway, our daughter is wanting to get hers pierced too and last night at Claire's at the mall my wife and I discussed it briefly. I didn't go through with it but it did raise the question....Is there any place that's better than others to have the piercing done? Would a mall store a la Claire's do just as good a job as any other place?

We are planning a trip to San Francisco in March and I may wait until I'm out there to do it as I will have about 10 days off from work. I work in a pretty conservative office and still not sure if I want to attract that kind of attention.

Krissy

My wife did mine.

pierce

Just be sure they are sterile and the shop is clean also the equipment is sterile. Bad things can be caught from dirty equipment. M.

Transgender HouseWife Toni Shelton's Avatar
    I went to Wal-mart, at Walker Springs. The lady there was very gentle, and it didn't hurt. It took me 6 weeks to change mine. Now I wear hoops 24/7, in both ears. I change to bigger hoops, diamond studs, or dangle earrings. Good Luck
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]Toni Shelton[/SIZE][/SIZE]

tonishelton56@yahoo.com

[SIZE="2"]My Mothers first Daughter[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My New Avatar is my New Years Picture, I hope you like.

Claire's did mine, and they turned out fine.

But if you're worried about doing it out in public, or the reputation of some kiosk type shops in the mall, go to a tattooist/piercing parlor. They're more heavily regulated.

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Clairs did mine also and I am happy with how they did.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

You can buy a cheap kit off ebay. The kits are wrapped, sterile and come with the cleaning solution. It does take 5-6 weeks to ensure the holes stay fully open. For work hours, get some 30 test monofilament fishing line and run a strand though the holes. Tie a knot in 1 end and pull that through from the outer part of your ear. Cut that off next to the knot. Cut the back piece off short. Replace with your metal ones when you get home. The metal ones should stay in totally for the first 3-4 days. Make sure you twist them and clean with the solution several times a day. ....and they will hurt the first couple of nights.

TBH i dont think many people at work would take much notice there are pently of guys that i know who have both ears pireced ........ and i know 100% that not all of them are CDers just so long as its done correctly i have mine done at a tattooist/piercing parlor.

I had my left done in a shop in a mall, did my second left myself.
    Did my right ear myself, and I did both cartlidges myself.

Sterile needle, ice, hydrogen peroxide...easy as pie.

In fact my right carlidge had closed up so I re-pierced the skin night before last...home on vacation may as well.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Had both mine done at a ladies hairdressers at a local town six months ago. She used sterile disposable equipment. Very professional job, less pain than a flu jab. The worst pain during healing was occasional slight soreness..healing took several weeks. During healing I twirled them several times/day and gently dabbed them with surgical spirits. No problems.

A piercing centre that uses hollow needles... less tissue damage, the needles are one use only, and the H&S is usually more stringent.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I went to a tattoo/piercing shop because I wanted somebody who knew what they were doing poking holes in me, as opposed to some sixteen-year old working part-time after school. Besides, I felt safer about sterization since they are so well regulated.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

You can also go to somewhere like Claires, Piercing Pagoda, or if you want to do it yourself you can go to Sallys beauty supply they sell single guns loaded with pierced earings. you just mark the spot on your ear, position the gun in the proper location and press it together, it is fast like the pros and puts the back on as it goes thru. Just my
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Thanks Everyone....I like the idea of using fishing line to help keep the holes open during the day....I work in a pretty small conservative office...I'm the boss so I don't think that much would be said. Just got to work up the courage to do it though.

I appreciate everyone's input! Sounds like Claire's might be an ok choice if I decide to go when my daughter does.

Hugs,
    Krissy

Had mine done at Claires and I was the only guy in the place at the time, but I enjoyed the experience and lots of people were looking in the window at me; would definitely recommend them.

I'd suggest a piercing/tattoo place. A beauty parlor pierced my mom's ears crooked, and did the same to another one of my friends. I'd suggest the piercing place though, they are better trained.

I'm surprised, no smart alec remarks. So I'll add one. You should get them done in the middle of your lobes. :-)

But truely, go to a piercing/tattoo place to get them done. It will cost more, but they are regulated alot tighter than the mall places, so sterilization and cleanliness is alot higher. Most places do guarantee their work and will re-do it if you are not happy.
    -----

Sherri T

Proudly perched in my Patent High Heels

I had mine done at a well known body piercing place. She took her time explaining how to care for the new piercings and was very careful to try to get them balanced. I would also reccomend to keep something in the ears at all times for at least 6 months.

Good luck and enjoy your earings, I sure do!!
    Sally

As an avid fan of piercings, I am going to drop my 2 cents in here. Please get them done at a reputable piercing studio. While doing them yourself or having them done at Claire's may not result in any problems, do you want to take the risk?

A quick review and I will cover in detail if anyone wants to know more. The "gun" at Claire's/etc. can not be properly sterilized which means the germs/bacteria from the last person are coming in contact with your jewelry. Also the "gun" jams a dull stud through your ear while a piercer usues a razor sharp surgical one-time use needle. Also a piercer will have years of experience while a Claire's/etc. employee will have at most a few days of "training" and then whatever she learns as she does ears.

Just my advice and take it for what its worth, but I strongly advise everyone to see a professional piercer since its their career not their summer vacation job.
    Last edited by quiet_time; 12-28-2007 at 05:18 AM.
    Angelina

Claires did both my daughters and Mine and yes they do it but you pick out your earings, most men that I know get the very small gold ball type or the very small black type pins which is masculine as they say. Good lock and it really is fast and simple Joann0830

Quote Originally Posted by quiet_time View Post
    As an avid fan of piercings, I am going to drop my 2 cents in here. Please get them done at a reputable piercing studio. While doing them yourself or having them done at Claire's may not result in any problems, do you want to take the risk?

Just my advice and take it for what its worth, but I strongly advise everyone to see a professional piercer since its their career not their summer vacation job.
    I don't want to sound dumb here....but how do I find a professional piercer? The phone book? Do I assume that all tattoo parlors have folks that know how to pierce as well?

Thanks for all your advice everyone!!

Krissy

Advice on a place to get my ears pierced?

On your ears.......

Could not resist.

most tattoo parlors have piercers in them as well. Its pretty much standard. I've yet to get my ears pierced, I want to... maybe I'll do it next month.

Good luck!
    xoxo
    Ally

Had mine done at Claire's also. The girl that pierced my ears said she done 15 to 20 ear pierceings a day. I thought to myself that she should know what she is doing, and she did, they turned out great. The downside to all of this is the six week wait before you can take the original studs out. Someone said something about fishing line, I would rather explain the studs in my ears if asked rather than, " What the f##k is that fishing line doing in your ears".??

I had one done at the PX and the otherwas done at Claire's. As long as the person who is doing the piercing is knowledgable then you shouldn't have any problem.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.