Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A wiggle when you walk?

A Real Softy

Smile A wiggle when you walk?

Every time that I try to put a wiggle in my walk friend’s laugh, and I am afraid to try it in public. I have small hips.

How do other achieve a good wiggle without looking fake or exaggerated?

Any ideas?

Practice makes perfect

To properly "shake that money maker" takes nothing but practice Irene. If you have a video camera, I'd suggest filming yourself so you can do some self-critiquing.

"Would you like fries with that shake?"

- - - tiff - - -
    Tiffany Anne

Beats me Hon. I just wiggle when I dance. Close enough I figure.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Take some dance lessons. It's a great way of learning to move with the flow and you can then practice your moves at the local dance club

Don't force it. Watch how GGs walk. You will not that they tend to bring one foot in front of the other which adds a natural "wiggle" and hip swing to their gait. Men normally walk foot straight out in front, not crossing steps.. don't over exaggerate the walk, but if you watch GGs walk you can get a good idea how they do it.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

If you overdo it, you'll out yourself. Just do it naturally and do not try to overkill it.

Silver Member
    Wiggle? Hon, I know what you mean, but don't obsess about it. It's really NOT an issue. I work with women, real women, every day. Believe me, they don't wiggle. Trying to "wiggle when you walk" will, as someone already mentioned in a previous post, get you read every time. Most women do NOT (read DO NOT) walk with that exagerated runway pose of one foot directly in line with the other. Models do this on the runway, and they also have that "wiggle" or really "sway" that you are talking about. But real women, in real life, are NOT models, and have little time for these exagerated feminine mannerisms.

I have explained here before what the techniques are that you can use to walk more like a woman. Here they are again. 1.) Shorten your stride. 2.)Quicken your stride. 3.)Swing your arms. There are a few other niceties you can practice if you are observant, but those three steps will take you a long way towards apearing more feminine as you walk. Don't try to "wiggle". You will just look silly.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

If you get a small chillie pepper and insert it........

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    If you get a small chillie pepper and insert it........

We,re talking adout a wiggle when you walk not a wiggle when you run screaming looking for a puddle to sit in.

Quote Originally Posted by justabit View Post
    We,re talking adout a wiggle when you walk not a wiggle when you run screaming looking for a puddle to sit in.

So....it's just a matter of speed now and we've cracked it.

A Real Softy

fun in the fast lane

I have not tried this one method before other people.

But if you compare the footprints of women and men the women feet almost always point much more in a straight line than a man's prints. When I try that i feel that I do have a decent small wiggle.

But this also applies to sitting with a dress on. Women almost always have their toes pointed straight forward or a little inward - that I believe is learned habit because it causes the knee's to come together, hiding the privates.

The reason for the post was that I was accused by a friend of walking much more like a man than a woman and it give me away. For my work I walk infront of a lot of people frequently (always Dressed)
    I was not born a woman - but I got here as fast as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    Don't force it. Watch how GGs walk. You will not that they tend to bring one foot in front of the other which adds a natural "wiggle" and hip swing to their gait. Men normally walk foot straight out in front, not crossing steps.. don't over exaggerate the walk, but if you watch GGs walk you can get a good idea how they do it.

Kandis
    Kandis said it pretty well but let me add my. I'don't know if they still do it this way but girls (GG's) used to place a book on thier head and practice walking. It was supposed to give them grace and poise. If you can walk gracefully the wiggle should come naturally. Luv and Jill

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Wiggle? Hon, I know what you mean, but don't obsess about it. It's really NOT an issue. I work with women, real women, every day. Believe me, they don't wiggle. Trying to "wiggle when you walk" will, as someone already mentioned in a previous post, get you read every time. Most women do NOT (read DO NOT) walk with that exagerated runway pose of one foot directly in line with the other. Models do this on the runway, and they also have that "wiggle" or really "sway" that you are talking about. But real women, in real life, are NOT models, and have little time for these exagerated feminine mannerisms.

I have explained here before what the techniques are that you can use to walk more like a woman. Here they are again. 1.) Shorten your stride. 2.)Quicken your stride. 3.)Swing your arms. There are a few other niceties you can practice if you are observant, but those three steps will take you a long way towards apearing more feminine as you walk. Don't try to "wiggle". You will just look silly.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.

Thumbs up Wiggle

Irene, I'm no expert but this site, along with a lot of practice helped me. http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

Give it a try.Good luck!

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

As a RG i find that i normally wiggle more when in heels in flats i dont kinda strange i cant say why i do in heals but not in flats just one of those things i think. But dont try to concentrate on it too much
    Kim
    xxx
    Last edited by kim85; 12-28-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

i agree that heels automatically make you walk more like a gg anyway you have to shorten your strides in really high heels balance comes into it too if you walked like a guy in heels you would come unstuck !

i've noticed a lot of women tend to swing their arms more and tend to swing them outwards behind them as they walk wrists almost bent backwards not all but some particulary younger women - some cross their arms tightly when walking as if they are cold but still have a sway to their walk - i have found all these things are easy to do if you observe and practice

What Stephenie said. Just shorter strides than you normally take.This will produce a more feminine gait, without looking exaggerated. Women vary a lot in their walk, and most of the "wiggle" is down to the pelvic structure, but since you can't duplicate that, best not try the wiggle.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Interesting. The other day I was watching a "makeover" program. The GG was in her mid forties and a little overweight. The interesting thing was, after the new clothes, makeup and hair style, the fashion expert, had her walk through the room to see how she looked. "NO! NO!" he shouted, "that just won't do!" He had a friend come in to teach her how to walk. He had her walk on a 2x6, to learn to keep her feet closer together. I guess she had been walking like a guy.

Maybe this comes from not wearing skirts and dresses. All the teen girls I see around here, wear jeans and walk like guys, long strides and feet pointed outwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I have discovered a few things. It is difficult to put then into words (and practice). I will try.

Posture is very important. Men tend to lead with their shoulders/upper body when they walk. Women lead with their hips/abdomen. The next part is difficult. I have found that by letting my abdomen be limp (sort of) almost as if it is floating on top of my hips, the sway happens naturally. I hope that makes a little sense. It is hard to describe.

It seems as a man I tend to keep my somache area tense and rigid. It is hard to let this part be limp and at the same time lead my walk from there. One tries to contradict the other. When you lead your walk from your abdomen, you tense up without meaning to.

When I get it right, I can walk very slowly and still have the sway. It is much harder to fake a sway in a slow walk. I think it has to do with the upper body being limp at the waist. Your upper body is limp causing it to move with your hips. I don't know all the reasons, I just know when I do it it works naturally.

I think you can mimmic a hip sway but it will be just that, an imitation. If you can understand what I am explaining, you will get it naturally and it will look better. I would compare the difference to a fake femme voice which might be ok, or finally getting the upper voice box thing right and suddenly you hear yourself sounding very femme.

Give it a try. Ask me questions. I'll try to think of a better way to explain this.

I don't try I just walk if it's there it's there
    Angie

Remember, men walk from the knees, women walk from the hips. Think about it and you'll see what I mean. Just walk from the hips, let the knees follow in order and voila.

Soccer Mom Extraordinaire Dee Talbot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    Remember, men walk from the knees, women walk from the hips. Think about it and you'll see what I mean. Just walk from the hips, let the knees follow in order and voila.
    Agreed. And, after seeing my CD work on deportment, I started studying my own walk in order to break it down in an easy to explain manner.

As you are walking, move your hips in a SUBTLE figure 8. Seeing the number can help you envision it. Circle to the right, circle to the left. Try it. Make sure to follow through as if you were acutally drawing an eight with your hips. Don't "take your hips off the paper". Roll, follow through...repeat

But remember.....less is more. SUBTLE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you a crossdresser, screw the lemonade.......grab your bags and go shopping!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post

Plus 4" heels and practise. Luv to strut.

OK, the simplest method I have found. Three common traits and an add-on. We will have you "femme-walking," in just a couple of shakes. (Pun intended)

Get your knees and upper thighs much closer together when you walk, if your thighs touch lightly against one another your doing it right. Guys walk kind of bow-legged, trying to spare the "jewels."

As others have said, walk in a straight line and keep your feet on that line. DO NOT turn you foot outwards.

Guys stride....women saunter! Your not in a big hurry to go anywhere, learn to take steps that are spaced about a foot apart. Remember how the wife or GF complains how you walk too fast, now you know why.

Wear high-heels. 3 inches or higher, combined with the above tips, should get a "cut in your strut." Walk upright and be proud too.

To start this, try it on a hard floor. Hard to do it right on a carpet. I think you'll get the hang of it pretty quick. Bet you feel the difference right away.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I have also observed that gg's have their shoulders more relaxed and back as they walk. This makes your elbows move in if you do it right. It is very hard though as to me it feels like I am sticking my chest way out, but when I look in the mirror, it is correct.

Leting your hands swing outward and turned to the rear also helps and can give you a very feminine appearance.

This is something that I know we all need more pratice in!