Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you're going to dress like that, why bother?

I agree with all who said you looked very nice. If your desire was to pass and fit in as a woman you certainly were dressed appropriately. Lycra mini dresses, thigh highs and 5" heels are fun to wear out clubbing :dancingr to Mardi Gras, but would make you stand out at the furniture store. It doesn't sound like standing out and looking like a "man in drag" was your desired effect. The slacks were a tasteful choice. I can't think of any gg's that I know that wear skirts all the time.

I wear sort of androgynous wear a lot. Jeans, t-shirts, leather jackets, cowboy boots most of the time. I guess I'm sort of a "tom boy". I do enjoy wearing nice feminine things and dressing up for a night out. Unlike many of you gurls I'm not a shopper. The mall isn't my scene. If I must go to a store I try to get in and out like I'm on a mission. I buy most of my clothes at thrift stores and on line. Our femininity is something we hold inside our selves and project with our body language and mannerisms. The clothing, wigs, shape enhancers and make up are simply a props to enhance the illusion.

Melissa :GE:
    Melissa Pink

I didn't know the CD fashion police were observing us...

Who cares what you wear when you go out. If you want to stand out then wear Stillettos and a mini to WalMart, but if we want to be part of society we have to look as if we belong. Different people have different needs.
    Mine is to express my feminine side and to me that means wearing what I feel comfortable in and what makes me feel good. 10 years ago I would have laughed had someone said I would be wearing slacks or jeans to the mall. I NEVER owned a pair until 2 years ago and now I wear them (like most women) all the time. I wear skirts and dresses of course, but in appropriate context like parties or dressier outings.
    A group of us were chatting one night and the subject of skirts came up. Someone said, "isn't wearing a skirt why we do this?", and I immediately responded, "No". It then occurred to me that perhaps I was moving beyond the mere clothing attachment that I thought for years was my motivation. The farther from that day I move, the more I see that the woman in me doesn't require a skirt and heels to be expressed.
    It's the inner me that is feminine...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

You look fine, Sophie. Your outfit blends in well with what the other women wear, and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Enjoy!

Amanda Nicole
    "Mandy"

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    along with my wearing of pantyhose 24/7 i am alomst always in a skirt,,if it wasnt so friggin cold here in Phoenix (its 41 out), i would be wearing a skirt to run my errands,, i LUV skirts, they let my legs show and also let everyone see that im wearing pantyhose,, sure wearing shorts will have the same effect but i hate the feel of that band between my legs, same goes for pants,,,

The Look

Sweetie, for my 2 cents, you have it going on. Wouldn't worry about that knucklehead, he's jealous or just an idiot.

having looked at the video a couple of times i think the comment is about going to the store and not going in rather than the appropriateness of the outfit and how well you pass. Its what occurred to me as well but I think some of the people who post are not very articulate and it is easy to misinterpret what they say

mitch

I think you did and do look good hun dress the way you like iknow some one won't like it and that is tough luck for them. be who and what you wish to be Sophie
    Angie

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie Haworth View Post
    Hi all.

This is one of the comments to a video of mine on YouTube.

The video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk7tCGtKZw4

and the story

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=59571

Now, I do find it a very interesting comment, and I do not take offence, in fact it is almost a compliment.

Those of you who follow my outings and stories will know exactly what I mean.

When I go out, I do dress to pass and perhaps the outfits are a little plain, but they are still in my opinion very feminine, and up to now I have never had a problem while wearing this type of outfit.

I am not sure what this `viewer` is looking for, and I am not even going to ask, uless they see this and wish to reply.

I do have another story to post in the `out and about` section, again very similar outfit.

In that story I went to get a new tyre for my car and had to interact.

I will post that soon

Sophie.
    send subfemmeboy to Me---I'll teach him to be more polite
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Thanks everyone, 100% positive responses from you all.

Another comment did pop up about going in, and well I did go in after I switched off the camera. If you read the story you will read how I went on.

(It was fantastic)

I am just going to move now to the out and about section to tell you all about my new tyre!

Sophie.