Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you need a female name?

Most TS's don't start off as I think therefore I'm TS... So in the early days I'd say the adoption of the femme name made you closer to femme than any item of clothing ever could.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Most TS's don't start off as I think therefore I'm TS... So in the early days I'd say the adoption of the femme name made you closer to femme than any item of clothing ever could.
    I have to agree , when i was first called charllote by a friend it felt so good xx
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Using my male name while I am in public dress would be a dead give away.

Evolution.

I started out using my girl name simply so my wife and I could refer to my CDing in public or in front of her kids without raising unwanted questions. It was much easier to hold up a skirt in a store and say "Do you think this would fit Stacye?" than to ask if she thought it would fit me. It also got around having to explain something that at that time was strickly part of our sexlife to her 14 year old daughter.

Years pass, marriage ends 14 year old (former)step-daughter now in her 20s learns about my CDing, asks me what I call myself when I'm dressed.

More years pass, more relationships (intimate and platonic) come and go. I now have a substansial number of friends who know about my CDing.
    Newly single, I begin to dress more frequently. I poll my friends to see if it's OK. EVERY ONE of them responds something to the tune of: "Stacye is an important part of who you are. In some ways she makes you more than just your male self. please be comfortable with your dressing and don't take this part of our friendship away"

There you go Wickanne, three decades, three different answers.
    So I guess my answer would be;
    1) it's a handy label.
    2) My girl name separated my Cding from my mundane life, in conversations, relationships, and friendships.
    3) Stacye has become a gestalt. She includes my dreams, ideals, and wishes. she has become in some ways (in the minds of others who know me) more than just the guy all these people know.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

My mother gave me my Female name. Because Grils. Do not have names as
    Tom, Dick or Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickanne GG View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but I have never found a need to name my male persona. I don’t identify as two separate people. I always use a female name. I don’t find a need to draw attention to myself as anyone but me. I am not “screaming” for acceptance of that side of me…I can move fluidly between both.
    Personally, I feel the same person, however I look - but other people see me and treat me very differently in the two modes, so it was just easier to use two versions?

Actually the two 'faces' have slid further apart, initially I was 'Nicky' which fits either sex? Lots of us choose names which are unisex, or blurred?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

For me it isn't just about dressing, and I'm not sure that anyone "is simply a CD". Nothing really simple about it. Anyway, whether in this forum, or chatting in Messenger, or meeting face to face, I just don't think Bubba works for me.

I didn't HAVE a female name until I started here. Since I have to choose some username why not pick a female one?

Names are important. When I started in therapy to explore my CDing, my therapist suggested I try to find out what my feminine side was called. She thought that it was sufficiently distinct an entity to have a name.
    And I found out the name, in a way I have already related on this forum. I didn't "make it up".
    And naming Ruth has helped to clarify her capabilities and her boundaries. I can "be" Ruth when I am dressed, and also, by focusing on Ruth as a sub-personality, I can think more clearly about the feminine side of me when I am not dressed, and "being" my male persona (as in: "what would Ruth do in this situation?").
    It may seem odd to you, but it works for me.
    Love,
    Ruth
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I relate more as a woman, so Vivian fits my persona well, and that name was given to me by a woman who saw me more as a girl even though I never dressed in front of her in the beginning, I wanted a relationship with her but she did not because I was too efeminate, but she wanted me to hang out with her as one of her girlfriends, she and her friends helped me to accept my femme side.

Once one becomes accustomed to the "feeling and emotional" the name simply sticks? Or it really is an indentity "label"?
    Well, honey, when out and about, itt's better to have a name that you like, instead of "Hey You". Although "Yo" may be popular in some cultures, I prefer a "normal" fem name.

I can't speak for other gurls, but Brianna just seems natural to me. Of course, I suppose I lean more towards the TS side of the CD rainbow so I'm very comfortable with using my fem name all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    If you are simply a CD, why do you name your femme persona?
    It's a protective pseudonym. A simple search engine lookup of my male name together with my city would find my full name in the first handful of results. I am well-known in some circles and I don't need connections made between the two me's.

Two kids playing at being aliens.....

KID1 "STOP! I am Emeror Slart Blart! Lay down your weapons!"

KID2: "No I will not. "

KIDS1: "Pray tell me. Who is this alien warrior I, Emperor Slart Blart, face to the death?"

KID2: "I am the one they call............John!"

Doesn't work does it?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    For a lot of CDers it is about completing the illusion and I do agree with that. Also I think a lot of CDers compartmentalize their CDing (they're all man when they're in boy mode) and so when they dress they want to be known as someone who is far removed from their male self as possible (so to speak).

I personally have never thought of myself as becoming a different person when I'm dressed. My wife and I have always said that "there's no third person in our marriage" and as such she used to call me her "Angel" as a term or endearment before we got married whether I was dressed or not. Then Angel became my nickname in our everyday lives, which then went on to became my internet screen name. However, now because I go out in public, and typically only socialize in girl mode, plus I help organize a TG support group called the River City Gems here in Sacramento my wife decided I should change my name to something less "cutesy" for real life situations when presenting as a woman. If you look at my post signature you'll see a link explaining why it was changed in more detail.

Anyway, nowadays everyone calls me Rachel. My wife always refers to me as Rachel ...sometimes, even when I'm in boy mode
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I view of what Rachel said I think it's worth taking another shot at this.
    In no way do I imagine I become a different person when CDing. What is happening is that I am displaying a facet of myself that is usually hidden. It's sufficiently distinct to have a name, but only in the same way as I am known as X to colleagues at work, and "Dad" to my children.
    Just as being called "dad" helps focus my mind on my role as a parent, being called Ruth focuses my mind on the feminine aspect of my greater self.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Consistency.

The reason for my femme name? My total CDing grew out of a footwear fetish. The femme dressing came about as a means to be dressed consistent with the femme footwear. Why would I not attach a femme name to the "finished product"? Look at my profile and ask yourself if a male name is appropriate to those pictures or my Flickr profile.

http://www.flickr.com/people/32963467@N00/

caplocks dont work

caplocks dont work

i think this is a trick question and all of you are falling for it. she said simply cds. none of you are ifyou shave your arms and wera makeup. i am not a simple cd, i am ts so i have a female name. i think she is trying to find out who is ts. i dont think theres very many men on this site that just dress in ladys stuff without trying to imitate femalse or be like a real female. stop trying to kid yourself. none of my simple cd friends have female names the idea of that makes them angry.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle37 View Post
    i think this is a trick question and all of you are falling for it. she said simply cds. none of you are ifyou shave your arms and wera makeup. i am not a simple cd, i am ts so i have a female name. i think she is trying to find out who is ts. i dont think theres very many men on this site that just dress in ladys stuff without trying to imitate femalse or be like a real female. stop trying to kid yourself. none of my simple cd friends have female names the idea of that makes them angry.
    yeah what she said...

No but for real - If a CD dresses all the way, I mean makeup to heels and every between, a male name just does NOT fit.

If I were TS I don't know if I would use Erin cause in pronunciation, it is truely androgynous. I like it as a female name better.

But come on, a guy who is really femme looking all dolled up is not going to say "Yeah my name is Jonathan Edward".
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

i think this is a trick question and all of you are falling for it. she said simply cds.[...] i think she is trying to find out who is ts.
    Your response draws a boundary between CD and TS in a particular place that I don't think all that many people would agree with. It isn't even clear that CD and TS are different things.

The originator of this topic has been on this forum for a fair while now, and has posted on many subjects, and although at times she has felt hurt, betrayed, or confused, I have not known her to play "mind games" with the denizens of the forum.

I would suggest that your particular definition of CD vs TS arises out of your emotional need to make a strong distinction between what you do and what you have observed others doing. "I'm OK, I have everything under control, it's just a pass-time for me, it's not like I save my arms or put on lipstick, like trannies do! No, no, That Would Be Bad, I would have really crossed the line if I did that!"

caplocks dont work
    no i didnt mean it in a bad way. i dont know her so i cant say anything about her.
    who are you talking about when you sat, i am ok, i have evrything under control?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I guess I can answer the question then. I'm a " simple CD".

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    yeah what she said...

No but for real - If a CD dresses all the way, I mean makeup to heels and every between, a male name just does NOT fit.

If I were TS I don't know if I would use Erin cause in pronunciation, it is truely androgynous. I like it as a female name better.

But come on, a guy who is really femme looking all dolled up is not going to say "Yeah my name is Jonathan Edward".

Let me add the this, and what others have said;
    I am always the same person whether I am dressed or not.
    However, here is why and when, "Sherry" came into being:

WHEN I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR, AND I DIDN'T SEE ANY SIGN OF ROBERT. I ONLY SAW AN ATTRACTIVE YOUNG WOMAN. I CAN'T USE THE NAME "ROBERT" TO DESCRIBE HER.
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

caplocks dont work
    how do you quote just a little of a comment?

you cant call her robert why because of what people say is female and male? dont you think that goes against what you are when you dress?

how do you quote just a little of a comment?
    Quote everything and then edit out the parts you don't want.

Actually I HAD hessitated

I have never really thought to question this before today and it was only brought on because I think I just saw the first CD on here using a male name. Maybe there are others, I just haven’t noticed.

If you are simply a CD, why do you name your femme persona? I can understand why TSs take a female name to complete the illusion or the transition but why would a heterosexual CD find a need to take on a female name?

Maybe it’s just me, but I have never found a need to name my male persona. I don’t identify as two separate people. I always use a female name. I don’t find a need to draw attention to myself as anyone but me. I am not “screaming” for acceptance of that side of me…I can move fluidly between both.

I have had this conversation with a few in PM, now I am wondering what others have to say.
    I DID hessitate when someone first suggested the idea to me, but you know what? When your dressed like a female, doing your damndest to pass as a female, being called Matt, Tom, Dick, or Harry, just aint gonna cut it. :-)

Smile

When im outside of work and dressed,im Claire.Its as simple as that.
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!