Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How girlie is your hairstyle?

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Mine is real. I keep it in a pony tail at work. I color it too but it is not all that different. Mostly just to hide the greys coming in. I am tempted to trsome highlights. That would make it VERY girly (as if it is not enough already). My main hesitation is the cost of highlights. Then there is the constant upkeep. The cost of being beautiful.

Not many comments except the ocassional when are you going to cut it? They gave up trying to figure me out a while ago. They prbably think they already know.

Hugs - Genifer

At one time I had hair down to my ass. In my youth, but I was still in denial.
    Now that I am not in denial, I have many body parts that have more hair than my head. I would if I could.
    yin/yang

I'm growing mine out also, been 7 months now from scratch....which is now at the messy stage. Have coloured it twice a chestnut colour which is close to my natural colour anyway......had grey since I was 25 so as it get longer colouring is the only option to hide my grey bits.
    Looking forward to the next year when it becomes more managable-just putting up with it when you work as a tradesperson is a pain at the moment, especially in summer over here!
    I gave up on wigs plus my gf says my natural hair is so much more the real me which can be restyled anyway I want.....eventually

Makayla

The former Melissa I Michelle I's Avatar
    Chin length Bob, slight taper at neck, somewhat femme. Salt and peper, after Jan 24 and my salon appoint will be light brown with light blonde highlights. Trying for another 2 inches of Bob before a new style

At 65 I am very lucky to still have a good head of hair ... So I grew it long to tickle some of my buddies who can't grow it any more!
    I have a lady who does hairdressing from her home so I can roll up there enfemme and have it done, cut, coloured, and hi lighted as well!
    No wigs required! As a male I still wear it long, or in a pony tail or with a masculine looking wooden clip. Sometimes I wind a leather thong thru it.
    Owzat?

Regards

Hi my hair is cut into a chin lenght bob and stacked in the back and it is highlighted, cant get anymore girly< and yes I do get some questions and just say I like it this way,
    huggs jennig

Cris Fiorella
    I keep mine about 4-5 inches, and permed with a body wave.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jessica J. Vega
    Quote Originally Posted by CCFiorella View Post
    I keep mine about 4-5 inches, and permed with a body wave.
    I've always wanted to perm mine. Does it really mess your hair, and how often do you perm it?
    My Pics >>>
    [SIZE="3"]www.flickr.com/photos/jessicavega[/SIZE]

Jessica J. Vega
    Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    Mine is real. I keep it in a pony tail at work. I color it too but it is not all that different. Mostly just to hide the greys coming in. I am tempted to trsome highlights. That would make it VERY girly (as if it is not enough already). My main hesitation is the cost of highlights. Then there is the constant upkeep. The cost of being beautiful.

Not many comments except the ocassional when are you going to cut it? They gave up trying to figure me out a while ago. They prbably think they already know.

Hugs - Genifer
    Your hair looks absolutely beautiful, very fem
    My Pics >>>
    [SIZE="3"]www.flickr.com/photos/jessicavega[/SIZE]

Mine is kind of short now. I am letting it grow out, I want to get it cut in a bob style!

That's all mine in the avantar. I shave to the top of my ears, and have the hair short right above for that GG look. I'd love to have bangs! Hard to pull off in drab though.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    I die it a lighter blond color all the time and got a professional girl style hair due. It increased buy passing greatly. I'm hardly called sir any more, and loving it
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Platinum Member
    thats my hair in my avator.........

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Girly Hairstyle?

You have to have some hair, in order to have a girly style! Or any style. for that matter.

I am now, and have been for some years, almost totally bald on top. So any feminine style is pretty much out of the question. Years ago, when I still had a full head of hair, I did get perms and wore it fairly long. Long for a man that is! My wife liked it that way, and since she was fully supportive of my CD activities, so did I.

Now she, and those days, are gone forever!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath!

"How girlie is your hairstyle?"

Pretty girlie.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I still have all my hair. It just moved from the top of my head to my shoulders and back.

I'm growing mine out. I have a big head, which means wigs never fit right (My motorcycle helmet is 3x). I've started to put the back in a ponytail, but it's still a little short so the bottom section slips out and I got the half ponytail half scruff in back, can't wait till it gets longer in back. So far only one old timer at work has made a comment, but not in a mean way.

Last summer I used a little sun-in (peroxide) to lighten it to dirty blonde, I'll probably do it again this summer.

Does Male pattern baldness mean anything. I'm a natural blonde don't need to dye. and have to keep my hair short because of mu job, Besides being very thin on top. But my wig is blonde and very femine. and comfortable and does me juctice.

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar
    Yes my hair is long, had bangs but I'm now growing them out want to have my hair all the same length. Right now the back is about 3 inches below my sholders. And I have dyed it quite often the last 4 orr 5 years, I get come kidding but thats it. I keep it in a pony tail in drab
    Lisa Renee

I've always hated my hair. It's what one might call wavy. The humidity makes it do strange things and I live in a place where there is a great deal of humidity in Summer. I wish I had straight hair.

What hair
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I really don't have very much "on top" kinda looks like a monk with a tonsure gone very wrong. The sides however, are still quite full. To have some fun and also to satisfy a long time desire I decided to let it grow out.
    A nice "cover story" for the longer length is "Locks of Love" It's a program where you "donate" your hair to cancer patients.
    Basically, you let you hair grow to at least 10 inches long and then your stylist cuts it off and sends the hair to a place in Florida (I think) where it's made into a wig for somebody.

I figure it's a winning situation for me:
    1. I get to grow it long
    2. I don't have to pay for hair cuts for a long time.
    3. When I do get it cut, it's free for charity
    4. Somebody will benefit from my fun
    5. While letting it grow out I can "play with it" ie color, perm, or what ever

Where's the downside?

Ask you stylist about this and have a good time.

At present I've been letting it grow since October. Just below my blouse collar at this time.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

high n tight crew cut so I would gather that it's not very girly at all

My hair is currently longer than it has ever been. Almost to the point where I could style it in a feminine mode. Anxious to try that.

Not an option for me.