Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Explanations for shaved legs?

Explanations for shaved legs?

I really want to shave my legs, and my SO is fine with it. Unfortunately, I need an excuse in case I have to go to the doctor, or if I want to go for a massage (the non-sexual regular kind with my regular masseur) and don't want them to figure out why. I'm not a bicycle racer or swimmer.

Anyone have suggestions?

Tina, as long as your SO is OK with the shaving, then go for it. Doctors really do not concern themselves with the fact you have shaved legs, many of us here do and I myself always wear panties to the Doctors. I have seen many a Doctor and never received a comment on either.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Leg Shaving

I say go for it nobody really cares, been shaving mine for years and hacve had no comment one way or the other.
    GITT'ER DONE
    May all the twins in the world have as much fun as I

When i got asked why i shaved my legs by a friend, i just said "coz i like too". What could he say!! It,s my life, my body, i do what i want!

Quote Originally Posted by tina_cd48 View Post
    I really want to shave my legs, and my SO is fine with it. Unfortunately, I need an excuse in case I have to go to the doctor, or if I want to go for a massage (the non-sexual regular kind with my regular masseur) and don't want them to figure out why. I'm not a bicycle racer or swimmer.

Anyone have suggestions?
    The only person who really complained when I started shaving my legs and torso was my wife. She got really mad at me... Now it is tolerated... But if your wife is OK with it, I don't see the problem...

I've seen several doctors, they didn't even make a comment on my shaves body. In addition medical Doctors are bound by an oath of confidentiality... So you wouldn't risk an unwanted coming out.

With your regular masseur, what is the risk? Can't you just say that you tried to shave your legs for fun and that ever since you so much enjoyed the feeling of you smooth skin that you kept shaving. Why not ask him if it isn't nicer for him to massage your legs now?

Eugenie

I recently went for a full cardio examination with a shaved chest, shaved legs, shaved everything. Part of the examination involved placing electrodes on my leg and chest and so it would certainly have been noticed.

The examining cardiologist made no indication of seeing anything unusual. It also happens that he is a family member but I've heard nothing "around the loop" so far.

No cardio problems were found, BTW

If your wife's OK with it, I don't see why you'd care that much about other people.

I'm a little neurotic and about once a year I just start feeling weird and disgusted with myself and sometimes feel like bugs are crawling all over me so I cover myself in Nair. So I've removed all the hair below my eyebrows a few times for non-crossdressing reasons ...

I don't think insanity is a more reasonable justification than wanting to look feminine, but you could always try it.

I realize GG's should stay out of here but sharing what my DH went through that worked for him: ingrown hairs.

His would get so bad he'd have to see a doctor as infected spots on his legs, groin and chest. Once he shaved it stopped happening and no one has questioned when he says "painful ingrown hairs".
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Aspiring Member
    Right now, you are the only one who cares....After your legs are shaved some people may notice but will rarely say anything or give a second thought. I teach P.E., wear shorts and have shaved my legs daily for the past several years. For the first 3 months of school, I might be asked once a month if I shave my legs and I tell the truth. Very rarely do they ask why.

Do it! You'll be happy that you did.

Quote Originally Posted by waspookie6 View Post
    I realize GG's should stay out of here but sharing what my DH went through that worked for him: ingrown hairs.

His would get so bad he'd have to see a doctor as infected spots on his legs, groin and chest. Once he shaved it stopped happening and no one has questioned when he says "painful ingrown hairs".
    How can shaving prevent ingrown hairs? Doesn't it just cause more?

Gold Member
    Sometimes tho morons do ask why legs are shaved. Yeah just say cause you don't like body hair.
    I get asked all the time why mine are shaved. I am used to it and you will be too

Sometimes tho I do throw people a curve and say "Cause hairy legs don't look good in a miniskirt"

They don't know what to think.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by racquel937 View Post
    How can shaving prevent ingrown hairs? Doesn't it just cause more?
    Yes, it is tricky but he shaved with the direction of the hair, not against it. That first time helped but he had a few come up, after having to spend a bit more time doing it right (also with super moisturizing shaving gel, not creme) it reduced them down to one or two every few months.

Bicyclists, wrestlers, tennis players, pretty much any sport at all or hobby that will make you sweat are shaved or waxed. Especially pro sports. I don't think asking a 300lb linebacker why he has his legs waxed comes up.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

There are many reasons for shaving one's legs and other body surfaces. Lots of them have nothing to do with crossdressing: competitive swimming, body building, reduction of prickly heat irritation, aesthetics. I have been shaving my legs for years, and I have never had anyone question it, not even my SO. I think that most people don't care one way or the other. If a close acquaintance notices that you have sudden gone hairless, just say that you thought that you'd try it for awhile and let it go. It really is no big deal, whether you crossdress or not.
    warmly, Linnea

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    ur body ur life

if anyone askes why ur legs r shaved ask them why they want to know,,ask them if ur shaved legs r turning them on

people dont ask me if i shave my legs till AFTER they notice im wearing pantyhose

its strange isnt it until i was about 25 i didnt have much body hair ie i was a late developer but i never worried about it and when i was on the beach ect knowone stared at me made fun ! now my body hair has got thicker particulary on my arms the thought i shaving it off worries me - what if people notice - why would they people that dont know you wouldnt know whether you shave or not - cyclists, bodybuilders, swimmers ect all shave - do you have to have a reason ?

Your wife is cool with it. Shave um, you will think of something when the time comes.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Yeah, if your wife is ok with it, then shave. Mine would be ok with it during the winter, but isn't thrilled with the idea when I would be around friends and family during shorts season. She also didn't like how my legs got really scratchy - my leg hair is coarse.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Smile

Tell them your getting into biking,or skiing, or just go for broke like I do, and say you like the Nick Manning look.

You do not need an exccuse to shave your legs. There is nothing wrong with shaving your legs.
    If anyone asks simply tell them the truth, "I prefer them this way." Or you can really mess with their minds and say "They look so much nicer when I wear a miniskirt." They will not believe you and will go away shaking their heads.
    If you wish to shave your legs, shave them. As far as I know it is legal in most states.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

thanks all

The issue with the masseur is that I don't want to come out to him (he massages my teenage son, and I'm not out to my kids). I knew this was the right place to ask this question.

Aspiring Member
    if it was a woman id have to ask her why she shaves? i personally like the feel of it, ive just started doing the arms lately anyone have any suggestions?

I workout (alot). Aside from swimming, the exercises I perform are almost esclusively for the lower body. I love the feel of perspiration beeding up on my legs as I exercise. It seems like the cooling effect is much more efficient as well. None of my co-workers or anyone else at my gym has given my legs a second look. My SO is the only one who's ever given me grief. I shaved them for the first time during a beach vacation 2 years ago. She didn't notice until weeks later. My response when interrogated was, "I like the way they look and feel. And is shows off the muscle definition of my legs." She's threatened to let her leg hair grow, and I simply told her to do what she felt as it's not my body.
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 01-20-2008 at 01:57 PM.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Quote Originally Posted by waspookie6 View Post
    I realize GG's should stay out of here but
    I'm not sure of the actual rules here, but it seems to me that your opinion and input as a GG is more than welcome and helpful here!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    You could say you're a swimmer or a cyclist but if you're like me, I just said that I liked the smooth tanned look on myself and also my girlfriend doesn't like hairy men (I didn't have a girlfriend at the time but they didn't know that).
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Really, most don't even notice. Go for it! But if you need to make an excuse, tell them a skin condition keeps the hair from growing......

Hugs!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...