Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Explanations for shaved legs?

A doctor or a person giving a massage isn't going to care.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Smooth Legs

Hi ya, There is nothing more sensual than smooth sexy legs! It's cold and yucky here in my area so mostly no one notices my legs. But I did it because I love it! I usually shave in October and then grow out in March / April. This year i used an Epilator. The results last much longer than shaving! If you choose this option, I suggest taking a long hot shower or bath, then drink a glass of wine or two, then have at it. I had a sleep study done last Friday. They hook up wires to the legs and the tech did not say a word. I bet they see all sorts of things. Besides, it's our bodies, right?

Go for it! Once you do, you'll get hooked on the feelin'

Good luck!

My doctor has never questioned my shaved arms, legs or chest, nor why I wanted laser treatments on my face.

As for the rest of the world, if anyone asks, I just say that I like the way it looks. It's true, but not for the reasons they think!

I think if your SO is ok with it then do not worry. But if you still need an excuse; tell people you lost a bet. You had Green Bay going to the Super Bowl, lost and had to shave your legs.
    It's a Jeep thing, you would not understand!!

OK, now that I shaved my legs,

First, I should hit a tanning bed!

Second, what about scars, blemishes, dark spots,
    How do you hide them?

I had my flight physical a couple of months ago. I have to have one every two years. Anyway, I had done all the tests and was directed to strip to my shorts and sit on the exam table. I did, so here I am with shaved legs, chest, underarms, and arms. The flight doctor comes in does his exam and then says, "OK, you can get dressed". No comments, questions, or funny looks.
    They don't care what your body looks like. In fact when I had my yearly physical by my GP, I came back for the results and she noticed that she had not done the prostate exam. So she said we can do it now. The week before I wore boy shorts, but this week I was wearing my normal panties. So I turned around dropped my trousers and panties. She does the exam, then says, "OK you can clean up and get dressed". Again no comment about my panties. I went ahead and told her I was TG/CD and she was cool with it. She said she has two other patients that were CDer's.

Paranoia rules Christina Louise's Avatar
    I had to go for an exmination by my (male) GP today. This involved dropping my jeans and undies and I also took off my jacket revealing my shaved arms. I've only been all-over body shaving since last month and this is the first ever that I've bared all at the doctor's.

He didn't say anything about it, didn't seem to take any notice (unless he hid it well), and it was no problem at all. Doctors have usually seen everything in their time, why would he go out of his way to make any remarks?
    "In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them."

Barbara
    I am lucky to have minimal hair on my legs, not a lot on chest and back either, and began shaving the legs a few months back. Nobody has commented, not even about the shaved armpits. If the SO is cool, enjoy and don't worry about the rest of the world.

When I had my ears pierced and people commented I just said that my X Chromazone was wanting some equal billing. Always gets a laugh and no more questions.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

I actually don't care any longer. I'm a cyclist living in the Denver area, so I'm hardly the only one.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Quote Originally Posted by tina_cd48 View Post
    I really want to shave my legs, and my SO is fine with it. Unfortunately, I need an excuse in case I have to go to the doctor, or if I want to go for a massage (the non-sexual regular kind with my regular masseur) and don't want them to figure out why. I'm not a bicycle racer or swimmer.

Anyone have suggestions?
    YOU care a lot more about what the doctor thinks than she/he does. I go to female doctors because male ones make me uncomfortable. I like to think in my head women in general are less judgemental, but I just don't think they care in that vocation, and if they do it's their JOB to pretend they don't. When it worries me I think hey, they see worse, creepy moles, horrendous scars, etc, shaved legs aren't interesting to them really. and if so, then what, HIPA keeps them from sharing.

your massuese, otoh, is another story, but a few people have noticed mine and not said anything. I really could give a crap

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I had my flight physical a couple of months ago. I have to have one every two years. Anyway, I had done all the tests and was directed to strip to my shorts and sit on the exam table. I did, so here I am with shaved legs, chest, underarms, and arms. The flight doctor comes in does his exam and then says, "OK, you can get dressed". No comments, questions, or funny looks.
    They don't care what your body looks like. In fact when I had my yearly physical by my GP, I came back for the results and she noticed that she had not done the prostate exam. So she said we can do it now. The week before I wore boy shorts, but this week I was wearing my normal panties. So I turned around dropped my trousers and panties. She does the exam, then says, "OK you can clean up and get dressed". Again no comment about my panties. I went ahead and told her I was TG/CD and she was cool with it. She said she has two other patients that were CDer's.

I was just thinking how weird it must be to be a doctor -- that this stuff is so passe it doesn't even interest them as people anymore. They must see some really crazy, far out, whacky stuff if CDers are cliche.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    First of all most doctors don't even care nor will take the time to bring it up, it is accepted as men shave also. If you feel the need ...
    I'm tired of the itchyness
    Have you ever notice all atheletes shave there whole body
    Many men wax there body too, for the same reasons women do
    Wanted to try something new, it isn't hurting anyone
    What's the big deal, by the way you have a uni-brow dude
    It's none of your business

But Like I said, 99% of people really don't even care, Stop sweating the small stuff, and be sure to rinse out the drain, or you'll hear about it
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but the best most beleivable excuse is to tell them your a cyclist. Bike riders shave the legs. If you wanna loose weight and look nice biking is also a great way to do it.

I have the same problem, but even worse. I keep my whole body free of hair, legs, arms, chest etc - and as part of my job I have to go into operating theatres.

To do this I have to change into the all blue attire. Not only do I end uplooking like a Smurf - but I have to strip off and change in open changing rooms which feels a little uncomforable when you're totally smooth and free of hair - and all the other guys are hairy. Come to think of it I get embarressed stripping off in front of guys.

Maybe I should just use the female changing rooms !
    Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 02-13-2008 at 04:51 AM.