Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My awesome news!

My awesome news!

Kieron! You rock, my friend.

Kieron had given me a link to the GLBT center in Mobile, AL. It's a good six hour drive from here so I didn't figure on going there or anything. But I looked all through their site and found an online Yahoo group just for trans people. So I joined. I got an e-mail from this sweet MTF lady and she and her wife live right here in the same county as we do. So last night me and my roomie Craig met her and her wife at a local restaurant. I didn't want to say anything until I was sure that the night would be a success so I can now share that I had an awesome time!! It felt really good to hang out with someone who is in the midst of transition. Had I not known I would never have guessed that she wasn't born with female bits. I felt very fortunate to make this new friend and I want to thank Kieron.

Now here is my other news. I live in a HUGE college town. Anyone in the U.S. that knows anything about the big schools will have heard of Auburn University. It's one big mamba-jamba of a school. hehe The library alone is five stories and is the biggest uni. library in the country aside from Harvard.

Anyway, I got to thinking this morning that for a school of that magnitude they just had to have some sort of meetings for the GLBT community. So I did a google search and came up with a group. Anyway, here are copies of what I wrote and the response I got back. I am soooo happy. I think I may actually have a life here.

My name is Taylor A. and I am trans. Female to Male. I haven't
    exactly started my transition yet but hope to start testosterone soon.
    Anyway, I moved here from Texas almost a year ago now. I don't go to
    the college. I couldn't afford to if I wanted to. hehe I have been
    looking high and low for support of some sort. And not really just
    support but more of just having and making some friends around here. I
    don't know a soul and the lonliness gets really old. I live in Opelika
    and am about five minutes from the college. I did some research online
    to see if there was anything around here for the GLBT community and I
    found your e-mail address under the AGSA (Auburn Gay Straight Alliance). I suppose people are only
    allowed into the group if they go to the college but I would fit in really
    well. I look like a student. Anyway, I'm grasping at straws
    here. I just want to find some people to hang out with that I can be
    myself with. Thanks for your time, Taylor A

And this is the reply I got!!!

Hi Taylor,

You're more than welcome to attend AGSA; we have weekly meetings on
    Wednesday at 7pm in room 202, Foy. We would love to have you. There also
    is a graduate student group called Spectrum which meets every other
    Tuesday at 7pm in Haley; they tend to have a more mature focus since
    they're mostly graduate students seeking their PhD. If you would like to
    find out the exact room number, the president's email address is
    , and her name is Amney.

I look forward to meeting you.

Katie Lushington
    President of Membership, AGSA

Doing the happy dance!!! Wow!! Could it be?? Taylor is going out and getting a REAL LIFE??
    Last edited by Taylor105; 01-28-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Platinum Member
    YAY! i told you there HAD to be a group or something...glad you got off your ass and checked hehee!! good for you dude, i hope you get some buddies to hang out with, glad i could help...

oh and good for you meeting up with an MtF..Did you tell her about here?

So are you going Wednesday???
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 01-28-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Awesome news hun...WAY TO GO !!!!

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Nice feeling, finding other people, isn't it? :winking:
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I'm so happy for you, Taylor! See? We can never be sure until we try, right? I think it's really, really important to meet and interact with others who would get us and support us - online as well as in person. I'm glad you're expanding your sphere. Just wait till those guys and girls get to meet cool Taylor.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome news buddy, I really hope it works out the way you want it to be. Patience is always rewarded, although you have to wait long sometimes. Keep us posted how it goes!
    ~Deron~

Awesome Taylor!!!!

Way to go man! I'm so happy for you!
    Story of my life –>

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    I am so happy for you Taylor , I do hope it turns out to more than hope can allow , have a great time and keep us informed ok.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Wow, finally some great news for you I bet you're doing a happy dance, and Kudos to Kieron
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Very cool, Taylor -- I'm so happy for you.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Lightbulb Great Taylor !

I am doing a happy dance for you, too. (spin, leap). Expand your horizons ! By using the good common sense you have been blessed with, life holds a series of new adventures. (I sound like a Fortune Teller).
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

YAY! That's awesome news, Taylor

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Thanks all!! Kieron yes I am going to go to the meeting tomorrow night. I'm nervous. I hope they like me. I mean I don't go to the university so I kinda feel like an outsider. It's gonna be all uni kids who already know each other. But luckily for me I'm really young looking. I know that at community colleges there are lots of middle aged students but at these big uni's there are more the kids straight out of high school. Okay, so I am a 34 year old (female-bodied) transman. Pre-t pre-op nad a scrawny little guy. I really hope they will like me. Please everyone send me some good vibes!! Taylor

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105 View Post
    Kieron yes I am going to go to the meeting tomorrow night. I'm nervous. I hope they like me.
    Taylor, they'll love you, you are a such a sweet guy its hard not to!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    Please everyone send me some good vibes!!
    We'll want a full report in the morning after!

Wow how cool is that. Kieron you do rock for helping Taylor out with this. I hope someday I can meet in person with other girls like me. or any of you guys too!!!!
    Last edited by Lora Olivia; 01-29-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: added

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora Olivia View Post
    Wow how cool is that. Kieron you do rock for helping Taylor out with this.
    anything to help someone so cool as Taylor, he rocks!...although i'd help anyone if they asked, and it was physically possible to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    We'll want a full report in the morning after!
    And don't leave out any details!
    Story of my life –>

I'm really pleased for ya dude ya deserve a break xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Thanks Kieron. That means a lot to me. And yes, I am nervous and yes I will give a full report. Tonight's the night!!

Platinum Member
    Tonight's the night!!
    [start father mode]Now make sure you iron your best shirt and pants, make sure wear clean undies![/end father mode] (only kidding have a great time!!!)

I went the the group tonight and LOVED it

the people were so cool!!

a girl slipped me her number afterwards
    it was a crazy meeting
    there were about 20 people there. I was the only tranny but most of the rest were femmy gay guys and butch girls. a couple of lipstick lesbians (you know the femmy girls)

they have a topic for the group

everyone sits in a huge circle

and it's like very intellectual

well anyway, the pre-picked topic for tonight was what people thought the difference between gender and sexuality was and how they related.

oh brother did I come on a night where I was in the hot seat many times

but it was very cool to have people to relate to. calling me Taylor and he. " made it clear from the beginning in the intro that i related as a straight male

anyway, after the group everyone goes to dinner usually. I didnt go tonight because im broke but they invited me and seemed bummed that I couldnt go

I will definitely go next wed.

Oh here was the real kicker!! There was a guy in the group who is in his last part of baptist seminary school

His brother is gay and he has a partner and two adopted children

he is there to try to understand things from our side of it

but he seemed to preach a lot and i could tell by looking at some of the others that he was getting on their nerves

like they would be having little whispering side discussions while he was talking

i listened very carefully and actually came right out in a room full of God haters that I am a Christian

I stood up for my faith. I also however stood up for people who I feel were born the way they are and therfore that is why they may feel antipathy towards people like him pushing the Bible down their throat. That someone like him could never understand that it isn't a choice for us because he has no idea how it feels to be anything other than a straight male in a male body.

this girl....the one who slipped me her number said...Okay...when I was born..God slipped my soul into my body. I'm a girl and I got a girl soul. Then she points straight at me. Taylor's soul is male and his body female. Did God make a mistake? I grinned at her.

But anyway, they seem like a kick ass bunch of people to hang with and I can't WAIT until next week

Hell, this girl...let me check her name again because I forgot, Theresa, told me to call her anytime and that they did more fun stuff than just go out on Wed. night. That they chill on other nights too. Woo Hoo!! I have a social life.

Oh yeah and two of the girls told me that if it made me feel any better that they both thought I was a really cute guy upon first sight.

Oh yeah and two of the girls told me that if it made me feel any better that they both thought I was a really cute guy upon first sight.
    Well, duh, you are a really cute guy!

I'm glad you had such a good time.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Lightbulb Wishes

I wish I could have been your Fairy God Mother, and slipped you a $20 to go out and eat with your new friends. You certainly have good powers of observation when it comes to people, and fairness ! Hugs, and I hope next week is even more fun.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

That's great that it worked out Taylor!

Don't be too quick to judge though, just because someone doesn't like to be preached to doesn't mean that person is a God hater. I know I wasn't there and didn't see the situation for myself, but I know some people simply don't like to be preached to about anything, regardless of what their beliefs are.
    Story of my life –>