Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which would you rather do?

Banned Read only
    I always dress to pass, just to avoid ridicule and embarassment. And it looks a lot better in the mirror too.

Just be me in a dress or even better a skirt when ever I like.
    Angie

well

as much as I would love to pass, if I was comfortable out in public being "just a dude in a dress" society would be accepting and that is way better than little old me passing
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Pass Definitely

Oh I would love to pass. Just like some of you girls in this forum.

Shouldn't be timid

I was just thinking, we shouldn't be embarrassed to go out, whether we pass or not. we are who we are. I feel like we should wear what we like, just like women.

I've been dressing almost 48 years and I'm still a guy in a dress. I've just recently started going out. I haven't mastered applying makeup yet, so far I can only do lipstick. Even if I never pass it won't matter I can have just as much fun being a guy in a dress. luv and Jill

I've tried to pass in the past. After I discovered what styles and colors looked best on me, and got fairly good at make-up. I discovered I enjoy being recognized as a guy.

I put a lot of effort into it in my 30's, I haven't gone out in the last few years though.
    Last edited by Dena; 01-28-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Ill go for the excitement of trying to pass!

i prefer to go out emfemme and pass

Interesting question and i thought an easy one to answer ( i like the easy ones ) until i started to think about it (which is hard for me to do )
    We are always saying that i just want to be" me" so i should say i would just like to be able to put on a dress and go out as i am , yes a lot of the time that would be great , freedom to wear what i like as me and no wig as i hate wigs, they just do not feel right and natural to me , yet i would be happy to wake up one morning with a full head of hair, breast`s and that other bit that go`s with it so yes i would like to just get up and put on a dress and go out as me without the false bits i feel i need to feel right , but at least being able to wear the dress would be a great start.
    Why do i get the feeling that deep down it is not just the clothes for some .
    I think for some who have natural hair and look good to start with might find it hard to see why there is a conflict of choose .

joanne
    Last edited by Joanne f; 01-29-2008 at 04:29 AM.

I would love to pass as a lovely woman. Instead I'm a fat old guy in a dress. I still enjoy going out and that is the most important thing.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

[SIZE="2"]I think in my younger years the emphasis was on to "try". I have since thrown that word out and don't bother with the "try" aspect and just go. Whatever happens happens. I have found that we are our own worst critics and once we get over the self-criticism we can actually enjoy ourselves.

Wouldn't that be a nice change, to look forward to going someplace and not be looking like a victim the whole time? Believe me I have done that,( looked like the victim, head down, avoiding eye contact, walking at a faster pace than anyone else like we were trying to get away from something) in spades and it always brought about some negative comment.

If you do go out, pick your spots with caution and just go, to hell with the rest of the sad people that can't have the fun and the wonderful inner feelings that we do! My four cents worth...

Your sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

If the world would accept it I would be a guy in a dress every day. But the world won't so I just have to stay a guy in a dress at home. I have no desire at all to pass.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

How about try to pass, but if it doesnt work as well as I'd hoped nobody will say anything? Thats how I wish it was. I try to pass all the time, but the hard part is not worrying about being found out!
    *Lila*

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    This is a really difficult question to answer.

For me my answer is skewered by the fact that I will always be read as a man in womens clothes (head size, feet size, hand size etc).

I have always had a strong feeling that I would love to just wear what I want to wear and adopt an androgynous style and wear mostly femme clothing and make-up but still be myself. To me this is a strong truth to this day and if I had the courage then I would do this and mix-match my wardrobe and wear what I want to wear irrespective of socially imposed gender lines.

However, I must admit that if I were capable of passing and blending in - by that I mean looking good enough to attract minimal attention and make people wonder was that a guy or a girl and relatively blend in, then I would do that. Whether it is what I would continually do I don't know and I haven't really explored that side of me because it simply isn't viable for me.

So if I were to come out as a CD I would take the option of guy in a dress- simply be myself and dress in clothes which I feel comfortable wearing, taking aspects of femininity which I feel comfortable with and expressing my whole personality - not just one aspect. Whilst I'm still entrenched in my tightly packed closet, if I were to come out and have the confidence I would be the guy in a dress and happy with it.
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

Pass like I use to when I weighed 135 pounds and wore a size 6.
    Janice Ailene:

When I go out I try to pass. One of the things I learned from this forum is to always dress appropriately for where I am going when I go out. I doubt that I actually do pass but I think I can blend in with a crowd as a female.

Even when I'm dressing at home I like to try and pass. It makes me feel more feminine.

Melissa

I think my signature says it all.

joe in a skirt
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I'm 24/7 and depending on my mood some-days i look great and some days not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I always try to look my "womanly" best whenever I go out. That is why I crossdress!
    Hugs, Carole

Single and Looking!! Erica Lauren James's Avatar
    Well for me I'd have to say both and even the in between option.

In the perfect world where you could just wear what you like when you like I would do the following.

I would dress completely and pass as a woman 70% of the time.

Wear a dress or skirt in male mode but would also need to have my boobs in(as a dress fits better with them) as well as wear heels. With maybe a hint of mascara, eyeliner. This option would be 25% of the time.

And finally just a guy in a skirt 5% of the time.

Oohhh it would be so much fun!!

Erica
    Someday You'll Find What You're Looking For
    I'm Looking for a GG!!
    If you admirer me then don't be shy and let me know!! I've gotten 4 Secret Admirers and I have no idea who you are. So please(pretty please) let me know who you are. Thanks So much!!!

Try ro pass

I may confuse the choices but I AM a guy in a dress. However, I try my best to present as a female so that I am accepted as the person that I present. My definition of passing no longer includes being mistaken for a female. I only hope that those that look long enough see that I am trying to present as a female and treat me as such. At that point, all that matters is having fun!

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    I would LIKE.........to go en femme AND pass, but that's not quite reality, so I just stay home and do it in private.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amy lynn View Post
    i prefer to go out emfemme and pass
    GIRL, your avatar.......if that is you, you are HOT ! (I wish I could be so lucky !!)

Hugs,

Alana