Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Admiring Women

Admiring Women

Is it just me, but does everybody here admire beautifully dressed women, but for a whole other reason than other guys. I see a well dressed woman and wonder what I would look like in that outfit. Sometimes I wonder what type of bra, slip, or girdle she is wearing.

You're not alone there Farrah. I appreciate what women wear when I'm out and about. I'm always observing and like you wondering how a certain outfit would look on me. Sometimes I check out their mannerisms to see if I can copy them. I especially look for things like color matches, hair styles, jewelry,and accessories. The more I can learn from observing, the better I'll be at dressing. Luv and Hugs Jill

Indeed, that is a feeling I often have too... I still like seing some women just as women, but very frequently, when I see a woman in the street or in a supermarket, or any place, in fact, my eyes are more attracted to what she's wearing than by the woman herself and I imagin how what is wearing would look and feel on me (sorry if that sounds self centered, it is ). I often fantasize that I could ask the woman in front of me "Would you re sell this skirt to me?" (Fantazy only of course)

Note also that this feeling can be even more distant from women themselves as I sometimes feel the same way just looking at women clothes hanging on clothe hangers in department stores... This is why I have so many skirts and tops in my closet, because in that case I just have to buy the skirt ...

Eugenie

Quote Originally Posted by Farrah View Post
    Is it just me, but does everybody here admire beautifully dressed women, but for a whole other reason than other guys. I see a well dressed woman and wonder what I would look like in that outfit. Sometimes I wonder what type of bra, slip, or girdle she is wearing.

Oh yeah. My signature below pretty much sums it up.
    I get so many fashion ideas by observing what women are wearing these days. It's endless.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

You're right, I see them in a whole different way. Grant it I do like a woman for a woman but I look at them for ideas on what I should dress or act like.

It's what GG's do too. Myself, I look at a well dressed woman, and my first thought is 'Ooh, I like her dress' or 'I like her shoes'.

We may be considered "groupys"

My sister has described us as women groupys. When you look at a typical groupy, say of a rock star, for example: They dress the part, act the part, and assosiate with others with the same interest; but in the end, they just do not have the ability to actually be a rock star.

Me too

Ooh girl me too!! I find myself saying things like, "is so cute!!"

Me too! I even feel like that when I see photographs of smart sexy women in a magazine. I'm always reading my wife's mags. and she hasn't sussed out why yet! Though maybe she has but just ignores it.

Tony

I admire women dressed in beautiful skirt suits? I flip news channels to see what they're wearing. I check out the office ladies. I observe every woman on the street wearing a nice skirt suit! And I love wearing skirt suits the most!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    I admire women dressed in beautiful skirt suits? I flip news channels to see what they're wearing. I check out the office ladies. I observe every woman on the street wearing a nice skirt suit! And I love wearing skirt suits the most!
    Girl!! Me too!! I love to see a woman in a nice fitting business suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    Me too! I even feel like that when I see photographs of smart sexy women in a magazine. I'm always reading my wife's mags. and she hasn't sussed out why yet! Though maybe she has but just ignores it.

Tony
    I read my wife's cosmo all the time. She knows i like to read when I'm in the bathroom, so she doesn't say n e thing.
    Last edited by Shelly_P; 01-29-2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: merge

I see beauty in many women. And they don't have to be drop dead gorgeous. Yes I have mellowed, an lost that young shallowness most of us have.
    BTW Don't you GG's get a swelled head over this. LoL

GEE, I thought I was the only one that looks at gg's that way .
    I am forever getting caught stareing at a well dress women ,even in femme ,I think to myself ,I love that skirt or blouse ,heels ,boots ,hairstyle etc. I guess they think i am an lesibin checking them out .[lol]
    It is great to be a girl and I am loving every minute! Wendi

Quote Originally Posted by Farrah View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what type of bra, slip, or girdle she is wearing.
    I wonder that all the time. Especially when her garments are tight and I can't see any lines.

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar
    You are definitely not alone in this feeling, Farrah! It might even go a step beyond admiring, and go to a little bit of envy (oh, she's so lucky to be able to go around as she pleases dressed like that...wouldn't it be grand...) Guess I need to get out more.
    Heidi99

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Brooks View Post
    I wonder that all the time. Especially when her garments are tight and I can't see any lines.
    Have I mentioned you're beautiful?

I am always admiring woman of all ages. Which has worked well for me in the past. I found out that one of my friends asked another of my friends if he thought I was gay. Since I am not married and really do not have a GF, I could see the question coming up. But my other friend assured the other guy, "No, he certainly isn't gay, he is always checking out all of the women he sees. He it quite a girl watcher. Deffinitely NOT gay." Little does he know that I am checking them out so I can see what they are wearing and how it might look on me.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

I have an entirely different view than most people about what is attractive... in many cases. Most people where I come from try to fit the "modern ideal" of beauty which means I usually don't find them attractive. So when I see a girl walk by in shiny bright colors (Pink, purple, and yellow I just love) I am definitely admiring what she is wearing and feeling jealous about that fact that she probably makes it look better than I would. Though I'd certainly like to try.

Same here...

but the hand gestures & body language are also interesting to me.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i went to the car show recently. These things are a lot of fun. First they are great if you like cars. But second i love watching the (mostly women) get up there and extol the virtues of the latest offering from GM or whoever. They are usually attractive, can at least project some knowledge for the most part and are usually well dressed stylishly and nicely made up.

The male in me likes them, but i find i am also checking them out for what they are wearing etc. They also seem to be rather tall! an example:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man in a dress
    She's stunning!
    But as like others, I'm also drawn to what she is wearing, thinking to myself "I'd like that".
    Sadly it wouldn't look as good as me

DJ
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls.
    It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

I truly enjoy looking at women. I check out their figures, after all I'm a man, I love checking out the clothes and any evidence of undergarments and I love to examine their makeup. Girl watching is one of my favorite activities.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

[SIZE="2"]Now that I dress daily and work exclusively with hairdressers ( and everyone knows what those people are like!) I have to laugh at this whole approach I have had for years. I used to sit in malls and just watch the people (interpret that as women) walk and how they held themselves and what they were wearing. I knew I wasn't alone in watching women, there are more guys doing that than you can imagine, but for different reasons.

Now my wife actually points out an attractive woman when we go anyhwere, women are actually doing the exact same thing themselves, all the time. Now I can simply express myself openly. My work associates do nothing but discuss it constantly, with me joining in of course....

Your sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Where would we all get our inspiration from if we didn't look?

I'd say like most of the girls on here, I like to look as good as possible. Stuff from magazines, girl watching in the street/malls or even on television and the movies gives us a target to aim for, especially if you want to be perceived as a woman when out and about.

Of course, so many gg's look absolutely amazing in how they dress, carry themselves and behave, that to even have a little part of that as part of me is a nice feeling to have.

Oh my yes, I love looking at a beautiful women all dressed up
    and wonder if I could look that good in that outfit.