Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The pros and cons of height

Paranoia rules Christina Louise's Avatar

The pros and cons of height

I'm 5'6" in my stockinged feet.

In male mode: I am well below average height and if I go to the pub to watch the football on tv then I have to be near the front in order to be able to see it at all - otherwise I have to crane my neck to see over other people's shoulders . But when I'm as overweight as I currently am, I can still find male clothes to fit my girth .

In female mode: I am at the same level as most women, even in heels, and, once I lose the weight, I can buy regular clothes from any shop . But being overweight means my choice is currently restricted .

Just a couple of my observations - what do you find to be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own height?
    "In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them."

Personally, as a guy, my height comes in handy now and then. Being 5'7" and very thin, I am not often asked to do anything too strenuous, as thats left to the larger dudes, and I can squeeze behind TVs and sound systems to work on them, which is something I love doing. En Femme, I am about normal height, maybe a little tall on heels (I just got my first ones!! ), but I think I can blend in all right there too.

Now if Only I could hide the red hair....but at the same time I don't want to, its so great! It just gets me noticed more then I like en femme.
    *Lila*

I'm 5'8 which is kinda on the small side for a guy, but kinda on the tall side for a girl. I seem to be smaller than most CD's though when out. Body is on the slim / average size for a guy so when I put on a corset it really has some nice results. Feet are a size 10 womens so thank god my feet don't look like a coupla PT boats while in heels! Now if I could do something about my hands and broad shoulders! GRRRRR! :mad:

Man in a dress
    I'm 5' 11"
    In heels this gets a bit taller
    The main problem that I have is tops tend to be too short.
    It's either the arms are too short, the body is too short or both.

I have problems buying blouses. It's not too bad for jumpers/pull overs, but summer will soon be upon us and I'll want something lighter.
    Maybe losing abit of my ale belly might help with body length, but it won't do much for arms

As I don't venture outside, my height isn't a problem as no one is going to see me. My wife is almost as tall as me so together we're perfectly matched

The other problem with height is.... SHOES!!!!
    Having 2 canal barges as feet can be a problem when looking for heels.
    Luckilly, our local high street larger size shop (Evans) had a pair of leather knee length boots and a pair of 3" heeled shoes in my size on Saturday,
    both at a great price, so I'll not need to look again for a while

DJ
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls.
    It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

I am 5' 8", 150 pounds. 40-33-35 measurements, size 12/14 dress, and size 9 heel. Nice thing about being this size, is it give me a whole range of clothing and styles to work with. It also helps when I go ou dressed to blend in, since my height and size doesn't yell "MALE". I have noticed that a lot of women tend to be between 5' 5" - 6' 0", whereas men tend to be between 5' 10'' - 6' 3".

At 6ft2 in bare feet and 225lbs with size 12 feet finding femme clothes that fit is a real chalenge.and in drab,being a large man can intimidate others to the point of being avoided.Although women seem to be attracted to it. I also don't have to wory about being assaulted as sometimes just a look will scare some away.
    jenny

Quote Originally Posted by jennydl View Post
    At 6ft2 in bare feet and 225lbs with size 12 feet finding femme clothes that fit is a real chalenge.and in drab,being a large man can intimidate others to the point of being avoided.Although women seem to be attracted to it. I also don't have to wory about being assaulted as sometimes just a look will scare some away.
    jenny
    Even among men, I am bigger than average. This has advantages in a world of push and shove, but I am not particularly interested in push and shove. As Linnea, I have the disadvantage of standing out because I am a large, tall woman. I feel pretty comfortable about my size in either presentation, but finding women's clothes that fit can be a significant challenge. Sleeve lengths are especially problematic, and jewelry is very difficult to find in appropriate sizes.
    Nonetheless, I enjoy dressing and going out as a woman.
    warmly, Linnea

In my pantyhosed feet, I'm about 5'5" and just over 160 lbs. I can wear anywhere between a 12 and 14 size dress. With 3 or 4 inch heels, they would put me well between the average height range for most women and so it allows me to blend in extremely well.
    However, I've seen more taller women in my area, so it would seem, and they're so pretty. There's no issues with being tall.
    Last edited by joann07; 01-29-2008 at 04:55 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

At 6'5" tall and weigh... well, a girl never tells that does she. I'm always the tallest girl in the room (although I was happy to see Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic are both over 6' tall). I can't wear heels (feet too big anyway, sz 15W nearly impossible to find) but I do find it much easier to find clothing that fits in the women's dept than I ever found in men's. Tops are the most challenging for me, trying to find one long enough isn't easy and I don't even bother looking at something long sleeved.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

At 6 ft tall and 220 lbs with a size 12 femme shoe size, finding shoes and clothing that fits best is a BITCH for sure. But, I do make do and still have plenty of fun when dressed.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Being all girl

5'10" and love it

I am 5'10" bare footed and wear nothing other than a 5" heel shoe, and I love them, yes it makes me a tall girl, but even though I stand a little taller than most women I have found that most people, men and women, are attracted to tall women, as long as they are not over weight and I most certanly am not. I get a lot of stares from both men and women and have a never ending supply of flirting men following me around, so with that I feel my height is perfect for both my male job (yuk) and my female persona. I love my height. Monica.

I'm 6'5" and big too. It's basically miserable being MTF transgendered at my size. I don't have too much trouble finding clothes except for things that have long sleeves, and shoes, of course. I wear size 14/15 in men's shoes, so women's shoes are a REAL challenge, but I guess I do OK. I find that women's casual shoes and flats are the hard (almost impossible, more accurately) ones to find, as I have heels that fit me perfectly, they're easy to find.

In male mode, there are advantages, people don't generally give me any trouble, but I find that being this big, I can inadvertently intimidate people, which is upsetting. My personality is such that I don't take advantage of my size in a typically male manner. And men's clothes are also more difficult to find at my size too, more expensive than men's regular sizes too.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Six foot and maybe two fifteen. Dress size eighteen. I don't worry about what others may see. I'm love being Joy and be out and about.
    BTW there are more GG's than you think that are five ten or better.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    5'4" and 175, so for me its a short dude, but a nice average height for a girl. I fit in size 16-20 depending on the maker and style
    Drumming, My other hobby

I'm a hair over 5'9" in bare feet and while a fair number of woman are shorter then me. Usually not by a lot. Plus I have noticed a lot more my height. Taller if they are in heels.

I'm lucky in the fact that I have 8.5 in womans shoe along with a wearing a size 8 or med in most clothing items. Occasionally bumping up or down depending on the item or cut. My only down fall is my broader shoulders for my height (fortunetly not too broad).

I am 5'10" tall and find that to be a pretty good height in both male and female mode. Years ago when my knees and ankles would allow me to wear 3+" heels, I felt that the height was a little taller than I wanted in fem mode. Now I wear flats or <2" heels and find this a really good height in fem mode. My fem shoe size is 11W and have not had too big a problem finding shoes.
    Kathy

...because I can!
    Paradise City...where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    They built the sidewalks too close to my ass...didn't like that as a guy...as a girl it's great.

I can buy things off the racks with no size problems...even petites when the misses are picked over.Most female clothing is designed for my heighth and wieght.En Femme I blend.

In heels I stand just right and think I'm well proportioned for a CD'er.

The bad part is...I like the long leg look...I'm sol there.

Krystyn

I'm about 5'7/5'8, and Im just a tiny bit taller than most woman where I live.

As a man its a disadvantage I guess, but their are smaller males , so I won't complain.

As a woman , Well... I'm more than happy.
    My height combined with my small bone structure and weight, I think It definatly is an advantage in girl mode.

One of the many reasons I actually like my CDing desires, is that I can actually be happy with my body, and It's always a good thing to be happy with what you have.
    Whereas before CDing came into my life, I was always annoyed at how inferior i was to most males, I found it extremly difficult to put on weight, I found it difficult to get my body looking "buff".
    But now , I just love it the way it is .

At 6' I am above average for women, but I have a sister in-law who is as tall and heavier. I weigh in around 150-155 so I'm pretty slim for my height. I usually find juniors sizes in tops fit me best (11-13). I wear kitten heels and up to 2 inches or so regularly. When I go to clubs I will wear the 3-4 inch heels but not usually any other time.

I like that I can shop regular stores for shoes and clothing. I've got decent legs and slim arms so I show a fair amount of skin. Even when I don't "pass" I still look attractive so who cares!

(It worked in the Fashion Show to give me a bit of the "model" look, that and not eating much for the previous week! LOL)
    Sally

Hi Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    I'm 6'5" and big too. It's basically miserable being MTF transgendered at my size. I don't have too much trouble finding clothes except for things that have long sleeves, and shoes, of course. I wear size 14/15 in men's shoes, so women's shoes are a REAL challenge, but I guess I do OK. I find that women's casual shoes and flats are the hard (almost impossible, more accurately) ones to find, as I have heels that fit me perfectly, they're easy to find.

In male mode, there are advantages, people don't generally give me any trouble, but I find that being this big, I can inadvertently intimidate people, which is upsetting. My personality is such that I don't take advantage of my size in a typically male manner. And men's clothes are also more difficult to find at my size too, more expensive than men's regular sizes too.

Carol
    im 6'4" tall ...about 190 lbs ..not that thin ...though I strive to be appealing
    reguardless.. More of "ME" to love ?? hehe xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Banned Read only
    Six foot and two inches without shoes. I almost always wear a 4 inch shoe sometimes a little more or a little less. I am thin and my dress size is 12/14 about right for my height. The shoe is a 10 so I can get just about anything, anywhere the regular girls shop.
    Jodie
    Last edited by Jodie Wexler; 01-29-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    I'm 5' 11"
    In heels this gets a bit taller
    The main problem that I have is tops tend to be too short.
    It's either the arms are too short, the body is too short or both.

I have problems buying blouses. It's not too bad for jumpers/pull overs, but summer will soon be upon us and I'll want something lighter.
    Maybe losing abit of my ale belly might help with body length, but it won't do much for arms

DJ
    I second that! I like sporty tops, but they're always too short

I am 5'7" about 150 lbs. Had been about 140lbs most of my adult life. Size 6 1/2 mens shoe. Can never find men's clothes that fit right. Always a little to big or a little to small....Women's on the other hand, no problem. And my over all build is 'slight' for a guy to say the least...so when I finally came to understand the gift we all share, I was thrilled. Femme shopping is such a blast!
    No closet is big enough!

A tall 6 foot 2, and 225 in flats and lingerie. 12W shoe. But, I am finding a lot more things that fit. Disadvantage for me, cause the great looking skirts are smaller..
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Louise View Post
    ...what do you find to be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own height?
    I find being my own height is an advantage. It is certainly easier than being somebody ELSE's height. A few hours of THAT can really be a strain

But seriously... at 6'1" I stand almost literally head and shoulders above most women. I haven't let it stop me from going out, but it does add an extra challenge if I am trying to blend in.

It also means that 1) no heels when I'm out unless I REALLY want to stand out and 2) It is almost impossible to find a skirt/dress/nightgown that is any longer than mid-calf on me. I'd love to have some nice ankle-length skirts, but they just can't be found for people with legs as long as mine!

and don't get me going on arms... my wife tells me I she thinks I could probably scratch my own knees without bending over! It is impossible to find something that doesn't look like a 3/4 sleeve on me!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein