Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you really "hate it" so much?

Do you really "hate it" so much?

I see a lot of comments here about how much some seem to dislike being their guy self and just cannot wait until the next time they can get all dolled up. While I can relate to that, I no longer think it's such a big deal. I had my "pink fog" period like everyone else when I felt I had to "prove" to myself and others I was 'feminine", yadda, yadda. The truth is, now that I'm retired and have the freedom to do anything I damn well please whenever I want, I feel I have nothing more to "prove", especially to myself.

I've done a lot of things with the CDing that many would only dream of and feel a lot of satisfaction really. For me it's all "matter of fact" and I take it all in stride. I'm not getting any younger though and while I still have a lot of fun with it, the old "grey mare", she ain't what she used to be . That being the case, I've been "re-discovering" my guy side lately and kind of like it. There are just some basic pleasures to being a guy that cannot be denied, in my mind anyway.

The other thing is that for me, it's less about appearance and presentation and more about spirituality. I've amalgamated my male and female feelings into one overall person that is pretty solid and unshakable and will stand up to many trials and tribulations. The truth is, I'm in touch with my core self and my essense (which is genderless) and that is my default when things get tough.

Sure, I still enjoy the feminine stuff but the masculine stuff isn't half bad either and I certainly don't "hate it". Doesn't get any better than this really and truely is the "best of both worlds".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    I'm happy being a guy and I'm happy being a girl as well, it's great. I don't go around grinning all day, I have the same ups and downs to a greater or lesser extent as everyone else does, but I'm basically quite a happy boy/girl.

Great question Sal! Gosh no, I don't hate my male side. I don't have a problem at all being a guy. Gee, I got 43 years of experience being one! Like you said, best of both worlds, although at this point in my life it's mostly guy world. I'd love to explore a little more of the other side, but not because I am trying to 'get away' from being a guy.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

No Salandra, I don't hate my guy side. In fact I find that my guy side always takes priority over the day..In other words I find that I will only dress if I have nothing planed to do on that certain day.

Me neither. I'm fine with either presentation, or even a mixed presentation.
    DonnaT

which one

Hate is a strong word. In my case it was more that I was never comfortable trying to be a man. For so many years I tried, unsuccessfully I might add, to be a real man. Now after a year living as the woman I have always been, I am much happier. No many things in life do not change. Daily life is pretty much the same. Both women and men are subject to ups and downs in life. I do find, I am much more at peace within and that is what, I believe, we are all looking for in life

Eileen

Stripes

Salandra, I think that I understand where you are coming from, and what you say makes sense to me.
    But I do not think that we are all of a single stripe.
    I, for one, always feel better in femme mode, and would stay that way 24/7 if, my life circumstances allowed it.
    Indeed, I am working towards doing just that.
    I think that some men want to be women some of the time, and that some men want to be women all of the time, and that some men do not want to be women any of the time.
    ;-)

I don't have seperate "sides". It is all me.

I don't "hate" the guy side. I do a lot of things as a guy that would prove difficult as a girl, but not impossible. It's just that all the girl stuff seems so natural to me, I wish that it wasn't taboo. The fact that if I had just been a woman instead, all of this would just be normal is sometimes a little overwhelming.

But what is one to do. You can grind your teeth, piss and moan about it, or just buy a new dress and deal with it. So I deal with it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I freaking love my guy side! I also love my girly side! I just say I'm happier when dressed because I am still discovering that part of myself, and it actually helps me out with my guy side too. Becoming a woman makes me a more polite and understanding guy, and also helps me realize how drastically different the two sides are. When I see guys from a women perspective, I also see all the advantages Men have. When can a woman be stupid and act like they don't know anything? Never! Its almost expected of guys though! The other way around, as a guy I see that women are much more understanding, and by being more aware of their surroundings, they usually end up more intelligent in the end.

"The best of both worlds" is right. I wouldn't change my situation for the world. It helps me grow in ways most guys would never even dream of. Now if I could just switch off whenever I wanted to....
    *Lila*

Well I prefer my fem side but I do retain my guy side as there are to many thing a guy can do. Being retired like you I do as I please but living out in the country I love to hunt and fish (guy things) but around the house it's all women. I'm very happy living both sides of the fence. Life is grand

I find great aspects of being a guy as I do in being "fem", I guess the philosophy is "be happy with yourself and make the most of your attributes in either mode". I just wish the ratios were a little more equal. The closet feels too cramped.
    Beauty is in the smile of the beholder

Sal, good thread. I don't hate being a guy. I've just never been comfortable with it. What a struggle it's been. For most of my life living in ignorance and guilt about why I HAD to do what I do. Even after discovering the truth through this site and other resources, it was still a trip! The pink cloud, then the denial, (as the infamous post said, "We're men dammit!). I am coming to the understanding that clothes don't make the woman. It's all inside. Yes, I wear the right clothing when ever I can. When not at work, it's all woman's clothing. It just feels right. Even at work, I will wear a blouse or a vest which buttons the "wrong" way, my nails are long and polished, I wear mascara, and hoop earrings, and purfume at all times. As I said, it feels right.
    On the other hand, it's just window dressing. I know who and what I am, regardless of how I am dressed. I have come to accept the fact that I was born with the wrong plumbing. At my age, I ain't going to do anything to correct that, and I can live with that. I know who I have been all my life, and am finally able to embrace that. I can not "hate" the guy. How can I hate me? I don't like that I have to be a guy, but I have to be able to live with him, 'cause after all, I'm me, and all my life, I have been a woman with the wrong parts.
    All I've said is about me. Where I am right now. Others have other thoughts and needs, and I know it.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Salandra, you've said it many times

I am really myself at all times, dressed or not. I don't dislike my "male" self any more or less, since I started CDing.
    My male self created Sherry after all. I'm still not sure why I need to do that, but I do.
    While I love the feel and everything involved with dressing, Sherry is another matter. She is almost like a fantasy come to life. And Robert seems to disappear when she appears. She is too beautiful and sexy to be Robert. Even tho she is.
    There IS a DUALITY involved in CDing. I have not resolved that in myself yet!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's not easy by any stretch of the imagination. It took me a really long time to get where I am today. Years ago, I was like many and had absolutely no use for my guy side, in fact I wanted it to die. By having been a military man, a husband, a father, a bread winner and a homeowner, I've proven I can do all of those so called manly things but even with all that stuff, I did not feel complete and something was missing.

That something was my deep feelings and crossdressing was one of the vehicles I utilized to get in touch with them. By becoming a free and easy "butterfly"(after being the caterpillar) I realized that those feelings were mine for the taking if I was only bold enough to take the "plunge" and live outside of society's box a bit. I don't regret that decision and getting in touch with my feelings was the best thing I ever did. Not only that but it has put me more in tune with others and made me more tolerant.

It has now come full circle however and both of my "modes" have merged into one. I'm always the same person, the only difference is the outward presentation. That is quite an accomplishment for me, considering how fragmented I was in the beginning. What we can do and who we can become is really only limited solely by our imagination and I have a good one.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

MichelleFCD's other half
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol A View Post
    I love to hunt and fish (guy things)
    <-----------Avid fisherWOMAN here....Ok I admit I won't hunt...can't stand the thought of killing and eating bambi...but I can cut bait, fish and clean em with the best of em...lol

Angela

Sorry Salandra didn't mean to get OT here
    Last edited by AngGG; 01-31-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Wanted to add the last line
    AngGG

Good Topic.

I like both sides of me. I love being a grandpa and playing with my grandkids. I love shopping enfemme.

I dislike both sides of me. I hate the pressures of my job. I dislike the hiding I have to do so people dont find out about my fem side.

Those are just a couple of both sides of the coin.

Yours Terri

Man in a dress
    I love being a man! I'd hate to be a women. All the c**p they have to put up with... Not for me

When I'm dressed, I'm a man in women's clothing. I don't have a "Her" side.
    I do act slightly differently when in skirt and heels, but that's only because it's neccessary. Sitting, walking etc.
    I'm a lot more relaxed when dressed, but then I'm also relaxed after a pint or two too

No, I don't hate or even dislike the male me... That is what I am.
    Male, nothing more, nothing less. Yes, iIhave a soft side and an understanding side, but I have these whatever I'm wearing... At least I like to think I do

DJ
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls.
    It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

Let me see I'm sitting here with my jeans and a flanel shirt on. I also have shaved legs and arm pits. And I am wearing panties hehe!!!!!! I kinda like beeing able to go both ways. I have come to terms with me. I like me. I have a lot of fun with the cding thing, and I manage to do all right in guy mode too. Although I had a long over due GNO last week and I sure hated to take it all off if you know what I mean.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I like being a male and always have been. It is just 1/4 of my life I was confused because while being a male, I liked and liked to do many female things. I also had many female personality traits and physical features.

Hate is a pretty strong word. I dislike having to put on a wig and makeup just to get out wearing outwardly feminine looking clothes. I want to have the flexibility that GG's currently have without the potential affects on my family. GG's can dress more feminine or more masculine based on their mood or tasks they are doing. That is all I want to be able to do as a male.

So to answer you question. Going back to male mode does not bother me. It actually use to and it did not matter if it was full femme time or guy in a dress femme time. But it was because of the uncertainly of when I would be getting some more outwardly visible feminine time. But now that my wife knows and is open to me getting femme time and sometimes even suggests it. Now the worry of being uncertain of my next time will be is not there.

I wonder if others had or currently do struggle because of being uncertain when their next femme time will be. For me that was a big part of not wanting to go back to male mode. It was not because I did not like my male self.

kimberlys-cd
    joe
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I am with most in saying I don't hate my guy self. The problem for me is that I ain't sure what it is to feel like a guy or like a woman. I feel like I'm acting a part either way. I have brought some traits into my personality that are more associated with women, but not exclusively associated with them.
    I mostly act the same no matter how I am dressed.
    There are times when the compulsion to wear female clothes becomes very strong and could be considered a desire to be rid of the male side, but it is just appearance.

Former Member
    I don't really have "guy" and "girl" sides. I am 100% guy. I like being a guy. I have no female traits. The things I enjoy and my hobbies are all "guy things".....except for one. Dressing is very rewarding for me, and is a tremendous release. I value that part of my life very much, but it is only a small part of my life.

Great question, Salandra.I really enjoy both sides of me---but let's face it,I'm a guy 99% of the time. Husband and father 100% of the time.When I dress, it's strictly for fun, and it always is fun! I'd like to dress more,and someday will, but for now, there's a lot of things I can only do in guy mode.And most of them are fun also.I feel blessed being able to bounce back and forth---keeps both sides balanced.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    I don't really have "guy" and "girl" sides. I am 100% guy. I like being a guy. I have no female traits. The things I enjoy and my hobbies are all "guy things".....except for one. Dressing is very rewarding for me, and is a tremendous release. I value that part of my life very much, but it is only a small part of my life.
    I'm with Samantha.
    I guess crossdressing has also become sort of a new hobby for me, its just that it's totally different from my usual guy side hobbies (i.e. car clubs, guns, comics, computers, militaria collecting, etc, etc.)

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I feel like I'm on a similar path with Salandra, however, not so far along.

Recently, I have been doing the Guy thing for about two months with precious few outings Enfemme.

Well, the part I HATE is that I LOVE being a Guy, and being a Guy has never been so much FUN as building a life with my sweetheart!

The part that I *hate* is, missing Roberta while confident that it is OK for now. Sad and acheing, and Content and Happy all in the same soul......gotta love the complexities of Life.

Roberta Who?
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :