Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unacceptable?

unacceptable?

why are crossdressers so unaccepted? When you strike up a conversation with someone and the subject of crossdressing comes up you always get a cringe or a dirty look. I try not to say to much about it, except do you have a problem with that, and they then think you are a crossdresser. I just do not care anymore, I love to crossdress!

Well Hon, Like my old Pappy (Grandfather) used to say:" You can please some of the people some of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time." Oh well, their loss really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    why are crossdressers so unaccepted?
    I'm accepted by the majority of people

When you strike up a conversation with someone and the subject of crossdressing comes up you always get a cringe or a dirty look.
    Prior to going 24/7 the subject of crossdressing never once entered an off the cuff conversation.

I try not to say to much about it, except do you have a problem with that, and they then think you are a crossdresser.
    When did you learn this amazing trick of being able to read what people think, and can anyone learn it?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Well, you are wanting to go places were only labled people go. That's right Labled, Gay, Homo, Queer, Fag, or any other thing people can come up with. Yet most of us are just normal people just wanting to be who we are inside ourselves or just trying to please ourselves without self destruction. These people either don't want to let on that they maybe a labled person or are threatened by our meer existance. Most women are not bothered by us as long as we are not there SOs or in their bathrooms. I don't like the way TV shows depict us, as life threatening beasts out to destroy people or hurt someone. Most of us would not hurt a fly and sure don't want to interupt others lives with our ways. We just want to be who we are.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I guess it all depends on the people you are chatting with at the time

you can never tell until they make comment
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Paranoia rules Christina Louise's Avatar
    ... When you strike up a conversation with someone and the subject of crossdressing comes up ...
    Do you begin conversations with "Hello, I'm a crossdresser." ?
    "In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them."

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    I'm accepted by the majority of people

Prior to going 24/7 the subject of crossdressing never once entered an off the cuff conversation.

When did you learn this amazing trick of being able to read what people think, and can anyone learn it?
    actually, after first meeting someone I do have a sixth sense of what they think

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Louise View Post
    Do you begin conversations with "Hello, I'm a crossdresser." ?
    not quite, but dont you want to know what people think of a crossdresser?
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-03-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts don't multipost use the edit button please

Untitled
    Personally I don't. 99.9% of people I meet, will never have an impact on my life, they don't care what I think, so why should I care what they think?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I think most of the answers have trivialized the original question. It's a big one, it concerns us all, and it's a hard one to understand or answer.
    I think that the idea of men dressing as women strikes people on several different fronts at once, and the resulting confusion usually triggers a reflex response of distaste or fear. OK, not everybody goes this way, but it's a common reaction.
    I would love to say I don't care, but I do. I am very sad that I cannot share my CDing with most people in my circle of acquaintance. It's an important part of me but it has to stay largely hidden because it is "unacceptable".
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    I think most of the answers have trivialized the original question. It's a big one, it concerns us all, and it's a hard one to understand or answer.
    I think that the idea of men dressing as women strikes people on several different fronts at once, and the resulting confusion usually triggers a reflex response of distaste or fear. OK, not everybody goes this way, but it's a common reaction.
    I would love to say I don't care, but I do. I am very sad that I cannot share my CDing with most people in my circle of acquaintance. It's an important part of me but it has to stay largely hidden because it is "unacceptable".
    this is a correct answer!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I think the hostility is directed at GAY people. It is in THAT area that we must concentrate our efforts against prejudice.

Of course, most of the general public thinks that CD=gay, so thats why WE catch flack from outsiders. Thats one of my pet peeves concerning CDing. Undeservenly having to to take crap from ignorant homophobes who dont know what Gay means.

Of course there is no justification to harrass gays either, but it is the hostility against gays that is often directed against us, so we find ourselves on the front lines against homophobia whether we are gay or not or sympathise with them or not.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, why is it so unacceptable?
    I've wondered about this for a long time, also.
    My crossdressing is harmless.
    I dress in the privacy of my home.
    I dress for many complex reasons, but
    I don't think I'm hurting anyone else.
    Yet, I keep it a secret as I don't believe it would
    be tolerated or accepted. I'm so glad I found this
    forum where my actions and feelings are respected!

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    my , Women in history have always been considered 2nd class citizens, when a boy is growing up he is told not to be a sissy or he throws like a girl...I guess it could also be women are the "weaker " sex and being or acting fem is being weak

who knows...and who cares

Banned Read only
    why are crossdressers so unaccepted? When you strike up a conversation with someone and the subject of crossdressing comes up you always get a cringe or a dirty look. I try not to say to much about it, except do you have a problem with that, and they then think you are a crossdresser. I just do not care anymore, I love to crossdress!

Because most crossdressers are happy to treated like that. Many treat themselves like they are unacceptable by hiding, accepting horrible treatment in relationships and simply "not saying much about it".
    Last edited by jaina; 02-03-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    Presumably because they've never knowingly met the reality?

Whenever I talk to people, they always seem interested and friendly, sometimes even fascinated...

You don't have to be 'passable', either - Miss Michaela Marbella always lights up the room and gets conversations going.
    Last edited by Nicki B; 02-03-2008 at 08:52 PM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

i am just like you when some talk a bout crossdressing i feel some all over like thay know i gess it like going out the first time

actually, after first meeting someone I do have a sixth sense of what they think

my mom to look in a persons eyes first you can know a lot about them
    Last edited by Daintre; 02-03-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

The word, " Pervert" comes to mind

I believe most people think CD's r perverts. This may be how we stack up in their minds:

Perverts molest young children of both sexes.
    Perverts peek thru holes in ladies shower rooms walls.
    Perverts have sex with under age youths, animals, and those of the same sex.
    Perverts r men who dress like women.

I wished they thot of CDing as a stimulating hobby. Like collecting stamps, building model airplanes, or hunting quail. But, I don't think they will real soon!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have talked with a few ppl about crossdressing but i'm not the one the started the conversation. They don't know the meaning of it at all. They almost always think your gay which doesn't really bother me that much.
    Is it really unacceptable to be a cd? I really just think its all in your head.
    B/c who really knows what everybody thinks on this subject.
    Last edited by crusadergirl; 02-04-2008 at 02:00 AM.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Has been wanna be will be Nicola46's Avatar
    Unfortunately this world is full of bigots. Its nice to know there are places like this to chat and make friends.

I've wondered about this a lot to but I try not to let it bother me either.I think people are fearful of the unknown and things they just can't fathom.A CDER is a little more adventurous, inquisitive and welcoming of things they wish to learn more about.CDING is a wonderful experience for me, so I try to let the fear fade out of the picture.Isn't it true though that when you meet one of those unaccepting types,they usually have problems accepting many other challenges life throws at them.My question to those still in the dark is"exactly what is your reasoning behind being offended by those who cd"?

It's mostly based on blanket observations and mis-information. Only those who truely take the time to get to know people individually will understand that everyone is a unique person with different motivations for what they do.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Why is it when a GG dresses as a man is acceptable? And why is it that you have girl pitchers that out do some males is acceptable and not called a butch or pervert or anything. I just don't understand the logic to what it is. I feel femine and love to wear a dress.

I've said this elsewhere but repeat it here.. I think that crossdressers are frowned upon because we tend to try to look like something we are not.. where gays are being accepted more all the time, in part because they don't look any different than anyone straight.. crossdressers tend to try to look like a woman and those who are serious about their "craft" even have fake identity cards (license. etc.) and names (allies) to prove they are women..

Quote Originally Posted by Dalece View Post
    Why is it when a GG dresses as a man is acceptable?
    Dalece, perhaps the women you refer to are not trying to be, or to be seen as, male - they just want the privileges of males?

Ask the F2Ms here if they feel wholly accepted? Ever hear of Brandon Teena?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member

what I wanna know is...

....how does one actively and perpetually cope with these negative attitudes of society. Its easy to say I don't care what they think but deep down inside I really do care what they think of me. Or what they'd think of me if they knew. I can put this out of mind but for only so long then it starts to creep back in the pix.