Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latex masks

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Latex masks

Moderators and members. This thread is to show how a latex mask looks. It is NOT to show off pics, or I would post in the pics section. I tried to select good pics that showed the mask at it's realistic best. No photoshop work done.

An earlier thread asked how good they look. Here is how mine looks now.
    My makeup skills r poor, at best. The eyes r home made.
    However, u can get a good idea of the shape of the face from several angles.
    The large jaw line and neck, ( which is mostly hidden by the sweater), looks a bit masculine. It WAS pretty warm inside the mask. Which was worn in a cool winter room. I think it could only pass in pics, or at nite, from a distance.

However, for CD's desiring something other than their regular, man-in-a-dress look, it mite work OK.
    What do u think?
    RS
    Grabbed Frame 20.JPG

Grabbed Frame 13.JPG

Grabbed Frame 12.JPG

Grabbed Frame 9.JPG

Grabbed Frame 3.JPG
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Has been wanna be will be Nicola46's Avatar
    Personnaly I dont like it, but I can see that it has its uses. If anybody is happy wearing one then thats cool.

No insult, but it comes off as incredibly creepy. I would suggest all CDs/TVs to band together and actively discourage everyone from doing this.

I would be a thousand times more comfortable with a crossdresser wearing a ZZ Top beard than wearing one of those things.

Paranoia rules Christina Louise's Avatar
    Totally creepy. Wear a balaclava instead.
    "In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them."

Kinda reminds me of the wax museum but if it works for you, cool. I build marionettes and to take away that shiny look I'll steel wool the face first then apply satin finish then steel wool one more time and then go with the finishing make up.It takes away that glassy look and they come out looking amazingly real.Try it in an inconspicuous spot around the rear of the mask first or under the hairline,you'll see it works.Great job on the eyes,they can be difficult.
    Last edited by Celeste; 02-04-2008 at 04:15 AM.

If you wish to hide it's ok but if your going for a good look it looks fake I don't like it hun sorry
    Angie

Still Putting Myself Toge cindyPT's Avatar

Latex mask

The second picture from the top almost works.

Well it's expressionless and unnatural, but I imagine it's fun to instantly transform into a made-up feminine face. If only we had those mission impossible masks that always fooled everyone.

Not to be worn in public I think, but enjoy it if you can.
    Putting myself together - please send your suggestions

Sorry Doc, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I think it looks kind of creepy.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie_C View Post
    No insult, but it comes off as incredibly creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina Louise View Post
    Totally creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    it looks fake I don't like it hun sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Sorry Doc, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I think it looks kind of creepy.
    I too think it looks very creepy, im sorry but its made me very rarely look at your pics because of the creepiness , i dont think the masks are realistic or very passable, you are likely to get more negative reaction in public wearing them then you would with rubbish make up....try to learn make up, all it takes is practice....this is not intended to hurt you but to speak the truth
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 02-04-2008 at 07:55 AM.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Didn't we do this thread a couple of weeks ago! (if that)

my view has not changed since then, ie I think most will find it creepy, personally I think it more sexual than related to looking look a woman, and it's not for me.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

The latex masks have always intrigued me RS. Years ago I even considered getting one as it was around that time I saw the Fembots on The Bionic Woman which gave me the idea it was possibly doable as I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing with my own face back then. Even now I wouldn't attempt going out in one unless maybe for a costume party.

Still, a good makeup person with enough creativity can make almost anything work. I really admire your skill in creating your custom made faces. In any event, whether it's one's own face or a mask, how effective it is is determined by the purpose for which it was intended. I'm happy for you that this gives you joy my friend otherwise I'd never have gotten to know you.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What do u think?
    I wouldn't comment unless you asked....but I think it looks kind of like a "china doll" type face, but certainly not human or passable, that's for sure....on a full sized person, it's very "mannequin like", which, if you actually did go out at night like that, would scare people, I think....Not trying to hurt your feelings, but, honestly, I could see a scenario where someone might see that and call the police from their cell phone or something....and I don't want to see you run into a problem like that....for at home, if YOU like it (which is all that really matters), go ahead....but I would hate to see you try that in public and run into problems that you weren't bargaining for....Like everyone else here, just being honest...**Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

Its kinda creepy and scary. I guess that blank stare is what makes it so awful. I'd rather be fully dressed with a beard. (LOL)

I prefer to practice makeup styles but each to their own. I perspire a lot so this would not do it for me.

I agree with the majority of the comments. Even poor make up would be better. You might ask, how is one suppose to get good at makeup? Practice, Practice, Practice. When I first started wearing makeup and going out in public it would take me at least an hour, now I can do my makeup in 10 minutes or less and do a better job. My advise if you want it or not is to save the mask for Holloween.

bEEb
    I would suggest all CDs/TVs to band together and actively discourage everyone from doing this.

Geez get real... what's next? You don't like someone's proclivity for huge breasts or something?

Truthfully that particular mask seems a bit large in the jowel area.
    Not that I would not mind having it for myself mind you.
    I am still vacillating over which mask to get for my rubber doll alter ego. Kerry makes some nice reasonably priced ones.
    There are japanese made masks that run near a 1000 bucks that are absolutely gorgeous. And the "creepyphobes" here would be hard pressed to pick them out of a crowd. (Especially an oriental crowd)
    I think us crossdressers ought to band together and encourage individuality and nonconformity at every opportunity.
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-04-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: multiposting is not allowed use the edit button please

Scary!

Well, since you asked . . . nightmares, hon . . . I get nightmares from looking at that mask.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

. I would suggest all CDs/TVs to band together and actively discourage everyone from doing this.

Would you like this if you did something people didn't like? I don't like them and yes to me they are creepy but it is each to their own.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

i can understand why some would use a mask . up close one can see it's a mask but on long shots it's not so bad . but ..we need to respect those who want to use one .
    why not try a makeup service a different style wig and see how one would turn out . i sure wish i had your figure .. .. Thank you showing us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK, we've gone around the houses with this now, but I'm going to tell you EXACTLY what I think of these masks.... you might not like what I say... but I'm saying it anyway.

Those masks look like the face of a blow up doll and everytime I see one on this forum, it makes me wonder just what you've been doing with it before hand... for all I know, you could have been using it just like a blow up doll... and it creeps me the hell out. I would go more into detail about what I think, but then I'd have to ban myself from the forum.

One more thing, if you are just posting about the masks, why did you feel the need to post your whole body and at a distance too? we can't see the masks in those full body shots... probably a good job, in this section, anyone can see it and they probably 'would' scare the hell out of the kids....

That's my opinion... hideous... they look like blow up sex toys... sorry but they do...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I agree...a blow up doll that comes alive. It would scare the hell out of me....I could see a lot of problems developing with wearing that thing.

Maybe she has tea parties in the basement... puts all those heads on mannequins..... all sitting around the table having tea.... like some scary horror movie....
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Too creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    OK, we've gone around the houses with this now, but I'm going to tell you EXACTLY what I think of these masks.... you might not like what I say... but I'm saying it anyway.

One more thing, if you are just posting about the masks, why did you feel the need to post your whole body and at a distance too? we can't see the masks in those full body shots... probably a good job, in this section, anyone can see it and they probably 'would' scare the hell out of the kids....

That's my opinion... hideous... they look like blow up sex toys... sorry but they do...
    Tamara, I tried to cut the body off some of the pics. That made the heads appear up close and distorted the pic! I wanted to show what they looked like from a short distance.

And I don't mind what u and others have said. That's why I posted the pics!
    I prefer my special faces to this latex mask, myself. There probably r better latex masks out there.

However, there r fetish CD's here, like myself, that don't dress to "pass". And maybe, like myself, they just don't want to see their familiar male face staring back at them when they r dressed up as a pretty woman!
    NOT ALL CD'S R ALIKE!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    NOT ALL CD'S R ALIKE!
    RS
    You got that right...
    Administrator

I agree with just about everyone else. For me, 'twould be a very strange look. Can't imagine wearing a mask out in public. Probably some of my friends would think that it's something I should do all the time!

But, maybe because I live in Florida, I have a question: "How could you stand the sweat and heat for very long?" Down here, people who wear full facial latex masks, even for a short time at a Halloween Party, find it almost unbearable! That mask has got to be very uncomfortable. Perhaps if you live somewhere around the Arctic Circle it might work, but I have my doubts.

Peace and Love, Joanie