Thread: Does anyone else dress for work?

Does anyone else dress for work?

[SIZE="3"]I realize that I am in a unique situation, but I created it for myself. I have a supportive spouse and have had no problem with working fully dressed as a cosmetologist, permanent makeup artist and wig stylist. I dress as flashy as I want and work on clients daily.
    To date none of my clients or any of the the other clients to the salon has had any concerns about my appearance or my work. Of course each of them has their own opinion and label for me, but that doesn't matter to them or me. If they openly ask if I am gay, I simply start in on an explanation that I am not and what a crossdresser actually may be. Most simply lose interest and just want me to complete their procedure and get on with life. They don't really care one way or another anyway.
    Many of them are pissed because I put more effort into my appearance than they do, but that is simply the way humans are. They are mostly just curious. Educate them!

Working in the beauty industry affords anyone a great opportunity to show off and to ride the edge of your own fashion statement. As an open crossdresser I also attract curiousity and gain a number of progressive clients simply because I stand out as "different". They talk about me with their friends, "Well, my stylist is a guy in drag and he looks awesome and does a great job" sort of thing.
    I wear the tighest jeans ( or anything I want), open-toed high heels with awesome acrylic toenails and any hairstyle or color I want. My makeup is very visible and each day the girls I work with compete with one another (whether wittingly or not) to look the best.

What are the drawbacks? None that I can see. I make less money, but not much, my feet hurt now and then, I have to carry a few more things to touch up my makeup, and I eat a lot less than before. When I wake up I can't wait to get dressed and off to work. My spouse refers to my dress as my "uniform" and just goes on with life.

Of course my neighbors can't fully understand the whole thing but still come around to discuss car stuff when i am outside in guy mode working on a car wearing latex gloves covering my long acrylic nails and to keep my hands clean. They just shake their heads and laugh. I build Pontiac Fieros with Small-block Chevy engines in them and have the cutest, fastest car in my town. (at least in my opinion, whose else counts?) (My car web site is www.V8-Fiero.us )

What is stopping so many of us from moving toward something we love so much????? Work toward your goals, not against them...

Your sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Well done

I commend you and envy your freedom. I wish I could wear whatever I wanted and look good too.
    I wish you and your wife all the best

Dressing doesn't work for my job In a industrial work place And i give the weekend to my wife But I do dress Most of the other 5 days when I;m not tat work. And on the weekend I still wear panties.
    Angie

I work at a construction site. There are only two women here. I'd be noticed immediately, and while I personally have no problem with that, my superiors probably will. Just....doesn't seem like this is a very 'open thinking' type of place.
    *Lila*

I repair power equipment during the day it doesn't really allow me to dressup
    When I was in trade school I tried to get a part time job at Commodore Tuxedo, I got blown off there.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Does anyone else dress for work?

~sigh~ Only in my dreams my dear... Only in my dreams.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I DO I DO I DO.
    I HAVE A GREAT JOB AND BY NOW I THINK EVERYBODY KNOWS I WORK FROM HOME I CAN DRESS ANY WAY I WANT AND NOT WORRY ABOUT BEING CAUGHT, I LOVE IT.
    May all the twins in the world have as much fun as I

Nice Fierro

Boy! I wish I could.
    I work in an office environment and although my company enacted their own anti-discriminaiton policy, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression, I wouldn't do it because a lot of people I work with would be totally shocked.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't look like just a guy in a dress. I pass as a woman extremely well its just that my image to my co-workers as a typical guy would come tumbling down.
    Plus, some know my family and if word got around to them.
    YIKES!!!! My life is over.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Dressing wouldn't work in the places I did as we were required to wear uniforms, so really the only difference would be me wearing breast forms, a wig and makeup. If I did that, however, no one would get any work done .The company uniform and steel toed shoes would have to stay. I have some pics with myself in the uniform as Sal that I may post one of these days.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

[SIZE="2"]My apologies to those that may have felt slighted by my post,I was simply stating how invigorating doing what you want to do rather than to follow other's rules actually is for me.

I never would have done this in my previous career, I actually counselled those that tried....

Your sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Untitled
    I am one of the lucky ones. I do dress for work, when I applied for the job I was honest and up front with them. Told them I was 24/7 and that I would present female all the time.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

It's in the planning stages now! May take a couple of years to get there but I am feeling more confident that I can accomplish my dream! Tamara, you've become my inspiration!!

Dawn
    "Courage is being scared to death.............and saddling up anyway" John Wayne

".......the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression." -Thomas Jefferson

"I ain't here for a long time; I'm here for a good time......." George Strait

Dressing at work

Only in panties
    Jolene

I,d love to dress at work, but not exactly practical as i,m a car painter. [I do end up with brightly coloured fingernails sometimes though].

As I'm an Engineer in a plant, it's a bit difficult....even the women don't dress like women !
    Hugs,

Christi

BriannaD formerly Alyssa
    I don't dress for work but I do admire you and am envious that have a supportive spouse. My employer would not take kindly to me doing as you do but you are a role model for the less courageous of us. You do represent well, keep it up.

I often dress when I am working from home. Today I think I might wear my red dress.

I don't dress at work. I'm not really into flaunting, what is in effect a part time hobby for me and in reality just a small part of who I am.
    Despite the breakthroughs in treating genders with respect, The probability is that I'd lose more clients than I gained (I'm a sales exec). I'm afraid that there is still an ignorance about cd/tv ism around whether we like to admit it or not.

I sometimes do take work home though and occasionally will dress up for that as a bit of light relief to the tediousness of some parts of it.

I have dressed at work only three times. The last time stopped it. After i thought the cleaners had finished i put the gear on and went for a stroll, only to run straight into a cleaner in a half lit corridor who was looking for an extension lead she had left behind. I have seen her on several occasions since and she hasnt said a thing (at least to me!)

Living the dream

Tamara,

And, I think I speak for many other members here when I say you are really living the dream!
    Just curious, when you go out with your wife, are you dressed?
    When working on the computer with my online UBID.COM jewelry business, I am always at least partially dressed!
    Life is too short; wear a sexy bra every day!

I once had a job where I could wear some feminine things--high heel boots, large earrings, hair ribbons, a bit of make-up--but only while very clearly a male. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had pushed the boundaries a bit more. Will never know now. I do have fantasies about being completely femme at work, but can't do anything about it now.

Michaella

This is just another fantasy of mine. What other occupation besides cosmetology could one get away with it? There used to be crossdressing rock bands, another fantasy wouldn't ever to it though.

i always have my bra n panties on no matter when i am work home or play

[SIZE="2"]To answer some of your questions:

When I go out with anyone to shop or eat or dance, I go as the time and conditions dictate. If I am going dancing with girlfriends I don't even have to answer. If I am going shopping or to eat with my wife it depends on whether or not she wants to wait for me to change or not. 80% of the time she elects to have her car warmed and ready to go, just as I get home from work. (Remember, there aren't really any emergency hair foils or haircuts in my business) so she can time it pretty close.

When I work at home i usually don't dress simply because I don't want to spoil any of my outfits......and the 5 inch heels dig into the carpet.......

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]