Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Faggot...

Faggot...

Thats all I heard last night as a man in a blazer drove away from a stoplight where me and my SO were waiting to cross the street. He didn't yell it, just said kind of nasty and drove off. We were leaving a club where we had been dancing and I was already a little out of sorts as the wind had blown my umbrella inside out and my new pair of heels, that had fit well at the beginning of the night, were slipping off my heels when I was walking making it hard to be exactly feminine in composure ( I could still dance in them fine oddly enough). I calmly flipped him the bird and stared him down as he drove away then continued walking. My SO says "oh great, he's turning, maybe he'll come back around so I can kick his a**, or help you do it at least." Apparently he was just turning the corner though so no further interactions.

Why do people have to be so stupid, and why does it bother me even the littlest bit. It's not like I've never been called that before, God knows I heard it and worse growing up, and that was before I could dress the way I wanted to whether in drab or drag. It didn't bother me greatly but it was a nagging in the back of my head. It angered me more that he had any impact on me and my life at all than what he had said. He isn't worth the time and he probably only wanted to make himself feel better about his crappy life by trying to take someone else down. But it spurned thoughts in my head that tried to pick at my self confidence that took me so long to build. It wasn't very effective, but like I say, it bothers me that it had any affect at all.

Oh well, it didn't ruin my evening, my So and I still had a great intimate rest of the evening, and it won't stop me from going out dressed. It may encourage a little more doubt than I had before, but hopefully not.

For those of you that have a lot of confidence, do you ever get to the point that these ignorant little F'ers don't bother you anymore?

I think it just bothers me that people are so stupid, and that he could have had an even more negative effect on someone else (what it it was someones first night out and they weren't that confident). :mad: Oh well, it had to happen sometime, unfortunately you can't always get complements from strangers, it would be nice though. Sorry for the long rant.

Cheers,
    Marla
    Last edited by Marla151; 02-08-2008 at 05:53 AM.

Marla don't even respond like you did. Your only lowering your self to his level.

There are a lot of stupid people out there in general Marla.

Just remember one thing Marla even in a frock you are still more of a man than the he will ever be.

Xx Vicky xX

Marla, There are a**holes everywhere. This is a free country, so hold your head high and enjoy being you. As for that guy, He probably has a real crappy day as soon as he gets out of bed!! Karma will catch up with him someday.

Doesn't faze me in the least Hon. Just one's person's opinion. Opinions are like anuses, everyone has one. My response probably would have been:"Thank you." The point is you were acknowledged, the negative aspect being the least of it. With more direct confrontations, I'm prepared to answer such comments with"Thank you or Your point?", or some innoculous comment with a smile, the object being to convey the thought:" okay yeah I heard you but don't really care" without actually saying it. This shows self assurance and somewhat depowers the negativity. It really always depends on the situation though so sometimes it's maybe best to tread lightly, say nothing and just go about our business.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Marla don't even respond like you did. Your only lowering your self to his level.
    I agree. No good can come from a response like that. If he had stopped and wanted to start something, you probably would have been in a world of trouble. Besides the possibility of getting beat up, there would be the likely arrest for disorderly conduct or assault. You're better off just letting stuff like that slide.

--Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

The guy probably saw you as a gg ,then got his ego bruised when he got closer and shouted that in an effort to re groom his male ego.It's "like let me shout something stupid to reconfirm the fact that I'm all male and really didn't just find that cd attractive".

There are morons in this world, and nobody can do anything about it. Just ignore him. I've been called names sometimes, but never cared too much about that. I believe that makes me a better person then the one calling me - or anybody - names.

I agree with Joy, Marla. Don't lower yourself to his level. Feeling anger and frustration is normal. Recognizing that his opinion means anything is just validating him.

What a jerk! At least as u put it he didn't ruin your evening.
    You're rite: what if it had happened to sb who was going out for the firs time. If that had ocurred to me, I 'd still be down.
    The only solution I can come up with rite now is: ignore this kind of people, but if sb like this dumb@ss approaches, to solution is to stand up to him.

There are so much people who are as stupid or stupidder as him. Just check what happens to gay people in Jamaica.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/tx/docume.../gayinja.shtml
    "Solo hay dos d?*as en los que no se puede hacer nada, uno se llama ayer y el otro mañana."Today is the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    The guy probably saw you as a gg ,then got his ego bruised when he got closer and shouted that in an effort to re groom his male ego.It's "like let me shout something stupid to reconfirm the fact that I'm all male and really didn't just find that cd attractive".
    I agree with Celeste, don't let it get to you!

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    People like him do this because putting you down makes him feel better about himself. Stupid reason? You bet but that's the way some jacks%$es are.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

i just don't bother with them anymore. i am very comfortable with who i am . why bring your self down to there level . and you never know who is watching you . do you gain there respect or lose it buy what you respond with ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think you nailed it on the head.... there are just stupid people out there... no different than some jerk calling someone fat or ugly... some people just don't know what to do with the good sense that God gave them... just remember karma takes care of all of that in the end... :-)

hugs... sorry someone had to be mean to you... :-(
    Proud Mistress to Michelle-NC

Silver Member
    Remember the little kids rhyme "sticks and stones may break my bones"? This low life was trying to get a reaction to his less than intelligent comment. IMO, best not to do anything but smile. Why can't we all just accept each other for who we are, rather than put labels on everyone that enjoys being different? Continue to keep your confidence high and your attitude strong!

Hugs2U, Chari

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    With more direct confrontations, I'm prepared to answer such comments with"Thank you or Your point?", or some innoculous comment with a smile, the object being to convey the thought:" okay yeah I heard you but don't really care" without actually saying it.
    I think that's probably the best response, Sal. I've been called a dyke here at school probably 5 or 6 times (what amuses me about the comment is that I make no secret of my attraction to men). The first time I was so taken aback that I didn't even respond, but now, I basically go with your method and say "And?" or "So?" Throws them a little - I think I'm supposed to get offended.

Marla - I'm glad you're not letting it get to you. Some people are just small-minded, and can't allow others to express themselves.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

There are A**holes in this world I know it's tough to ignore but in most cases
    that is the best course of action. Don't let it ruin the night out it sounds like
    you had fun. I can't even imagine my wife dancing with me dressed.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Bingo!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd be mad also maybe he's jealous that he don. have the nerve to wear a dress. and I do dislike rude a&% holes
    Angie

Someone on this forum has a tag line that says, "It's takes a real man to wear a dress!" That is so true, you're more of a "man" than he'll ever be!

Also be careful when giving the "bird" to a stranger. you never can tell if they're a "nut job" with a gun! Please be careful.
    Dana Fleming

Marla,

Why do you want to take his problem and make it yours? Leave it for him to deal with..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Talking And Ironically

Mr. Ahoal could walk into a room full of "the girls" and they wouldn't disrespect HIM in the least. (Unless his a-holed - ness was out of control, and he made them angry. Then, they would show him the door.)
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

as i found myself saying more than once when i went to work fully dressed on halloween, whenever someone had something derogatory to say, "you're just upset because i'm more man than you'll ever be AND more woman than you'll ever have, all in the same package!"

you can't help but get annoyed sometimes, but it is important to not let it rule your life. try to give it as little space in your thoughts as possible. to paraphrase a quote i read once, "if you let them live rent free in your head, they'll trash the place."

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Wise advice Nicki

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Marla,

Why do you want to take his problem and make it yours? Leave it for him to deal with..
    We run into a lot of "road rage" idiots here in SoCal. I have, on rare occasions, engaged them with gesture or by matching their driving. Ultimately, I always wave and smile at them! Realising I've been stupid!

This type of person creates problems for themselves where ever they go. They will soon forget me, as they take on their new "adversary"!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Helps if you're carrying a sword

A few years ago a couple friends and I were at a Renaissance Faire, wearing kilts -- the closest I've come so far to wearing a skirt in public. A bunch of teenagers drove by and yelled something about us being f*gs. We all gave them the devastating digit -- and drew our swords threateningly at the same time!

Yes, I suppose it could have been stupid if one of the jerks was carrying a gun, but it sure felt good at the time!

Hugs,
    Susie