Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I transformed a newbie today!!

Some people get all the luck. Having your girlfriend take you to a salon and have them make you up to be a beautiful girl is the most. WOW! And even brought clothes, including undies and heels. Couldn't get any better.

[SIZE="3"]Permanent makeup is makeup tattooed into place. I use tools similar to a tattoo artist and put eyebrows, eyeliner, lip liner and lip color, as well as cheek blush ans highlighter over the eyes. A full face takes about 4 hours and cost around $1600, give or take with some multiple service discounts or more if they add in other things.

The funny thing is that 80% of my clients are over 65 and some hit 85. They all basically state the same reason, can't see to do it, and want to save some time and to wake up all ready to go. I do a substantial amount of work on working girls that want to be able to sleep a bit more and their makeup doesn't wash off with "activity". Think about it....

Sindi and Becky's day came out like this:
    makeup $50, eyelashes $150, wig $75, nails $50, ear piercing $30, brows waxed $10, tip, substantial, overall satisfaction by all...priceless...

Boss took the film in for processing, hope she remembers to pick it up. I will if she doesn't.

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Cool story.
    A Member of the Revolution.

That would so be a dream come true

What a lucky guy he is.

I would just love to learn to do my own makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    I wonder what he does for a living ... and her for that matter, just because I am nosey! Can I be rude and ask what a 4 hour transformation costs and with a wig too? must be $100's. She must have some reasonable disposable income.
    And as he had acrylic nails and eyelash extensions, either he is on vacation .. or going into work will be interesting - I wonder what he does. (I am lucky as I have my own company). Cant help wondering as I am so nosey!
    Mirani, this is an area where just about anything goes in public, many move here because we could give a flip who you are - it just isn't an issue. In fact those from out of state that say "Do you KNOW who I am?!" are usually met with "Why? Did you forget?"

There are quite a few well paying jobs here that also do not care about what you look like. A friend who was working for a worldwide online company went to work for them specifically because they helped pay for her counseling pre-SRS. For those two years she could hide in her office if she felt but still get her job done and bring home a paycheque.

Don't forget we are the home of "grunge" (ack!) and one of the largest Goth communities outside of the UK - in fact - we had more members in clubs dressed in full Goth gegalia than all but Japan. All agree that Queen Ann and Capitol Hill were miss-named, the majority of residents on Capitol Hill have far more queens - and everyone knows it. Even tourist flock there because they have never seen an entire city so accepting of, well, anyone. Some celebrities have gotten miffed they were not mobbed in public and no one asked for their autograph. Others find it very comfortable to grocery shop without being interrupted.
    They now live here full time.

Our job market demands endless creativity. To find those people you will find a diversity most do not come across nor tolerate so guess who lives here, can walk down the street dressed any way they want and get compliments not disparraging remarks? However, we do broadcast it rains ALL THE TIME and it is dreary to live here, publication from time to time of suicide rates during summer is published....but it's intentional as we actually have a lower rate than comparitive major cities. See, we don't want everyone to know what a great place we live in so it rains ALL THE TIME and everyone off's themselves.

While it isn't all roses everyday we do enjoy a life that few realize exist or is attainable. Many people like Tami come across them often and if her salon was a bit closer to the city central, my guess is she wouldn't have a moment at home to enjoy working endless hours. Her clients would more than likely be 'male' than 'female' or a couple as these were, it just is what it is when you live where it rains ALL THE TIME

Tami has gotten me to thinking it is time to take DH wig spending as he really could do with a new look, and it we would do this together. He already has stopped in at a wig and hat store near his workplace, chatting a storm with the owner (a very outgoing GG) about something for him. She didn't hesitate to educate him on various types of wigs and how to wear them properly and I'd like him to enjoy again what was once waist length hair when we met
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

tami
    sounds like you had a great day at work and made the day for a couple of nice girls

susie

eyelashes $150 , ..

well if "he" as never been out dressed en femme this must have been a shock to him ? .. for a first time . i wonder how he/she is feeling about that ?

and then there is a good chance they could run in to friends ..
    and if i was made up like that i would to keep my look as long as possible but i am out anyhow specially the nails . but for a rookie well theres a story to tell ..
    NOW there is someone with guts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do I assume too much or did she walk out of the salon dressed???

That is awesome! I wish that would happen to me!!

Pics?!

How cool! It must have been like a dream come true for her. :-)

Just another thread I'm going to have to save in my archive! Time to get another hard drive!!

Thanks for sharing Tamarav!
    Sally

That had to have been very exciting. We are planning a trip soon and will be making reservations for a make-over for my cdbf. What company has realistic looking wigs?

I only wish someone would do that for or to me, I'll think I died & went to heaven.

Single and Looking!! Erica Lauren James's Avatar
    So where's the pics?

Erica
    Someday You'll Find What You're Looking For
    I'm Looking for a GG!!
    If you admirer me then don't be shy and let me know!! I've gotten 4 Secret Admirers and I have no idea who you are. So please(pretty please) let me know who you are. Thanks So much!!!

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    I'm dying to see the pix!!

Any luck getting them from your boss?
    Love

Lynne

Man in a dress
    Surely, for a first time make over, permanent make up wouldn't even be an option. I don't think it's that common here in the UK. We're a fickle nation and always changing our minds

It was said the Sindi had conevntional make up, but is comming back for permanent later... Doesn't fit well with me at all.

It was said that "Throughout the day with Sindi, she just nodded and seemed almost drugged."

He wasn't was he?

I'd be very careful about doing permanent feminizing make up on a man, In this compenstation society we live in today, he might have regrets later and try and sure you rotten.

I have to be honest, to me the story sound a bit fanatsy land, but if it is real, please make sure that Sindi is 100% lucid and certain before doing anything permanent.... The ears being pierced 3 times was a bit OTT for a first go!

Don't let the fact that you are a crossdresser colour the picture. Don't forget that you are professional, and should only do whats best for the customer.

DJ
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls.
    It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

Wonderful story Tamara. I think we all wish our SO was so understanding. I only hope Sindi realizes what she has and embraces it fully, both her GF and her new persona.

were are the pictures ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What a great story, Tamara! You must have a blast!

ChanDelle