Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever get derogatory comments hurled at them in public?

Anyone ever get derogatory comments hurled at them in public?

I was out jogging sat afternoon. I was in ( what I thought was ) guy mode. THis is what I looked like:

I shaved my legs,
    had on my jogging shoes (mens)
    ankle socks
    short light blue guys swim trunks
    a nylon womens solid color dark top
    1 diamond stud in each ear
    sunglasses
    hair pulled back into a very small ponytail

as i was jogging, this truck passes me coming towards me & the dude yells at me: " you look like a girl you faggot!"

This sort of un nerved me. I thought he might turn around & come back & attack me. I am a bigger guy, 6'1, 210.....wtf?...i did not think I look like a girl......it must have been the shaved legs & ankle socks.............

should I be more careful when going out?

I live in a western Canadian city.

I have been told by others that I am really out there.......I never thought I was.......

I felt like I was doing something wrong. I have never had that happen to me before. All I wanted to do was get home nice & safe.

What the hell kind of democracy is this if people can go around threatening others in the streets?

Were you mincing while you were jogging?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    Were you mincing while you were jogging?

mincing?

Go figure

One day I was commjing out ot the subway when a group of twenty somethings started poking fun at me. They made comments about being gay and used the word fagot. The interesting things was that I was in complete guy mode. I was actually working at the time. I was wearing jeans, boots and army field jacket. There was no way that I looked like anything but a straight guy. However, I was coming out of the subway station on Christopher Street (gay street here in NYC). I can only assume that the only connection they made was that if I was even in the neighborhood I had to be gay. Go figure.

Platinum Member
    lonh hair in a poney tail fem rings and a few outher stick out things (a size boobs) i get looks and sometimes commenets...geusse thats a good thing abought "him" going a long with us ....."he says fuc_ off and thay do......

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

bad comments

when i was in school i was called fag and wimp and such and none of them EVER knew i wore pantyhose,,,, now i am always in pantyhose with shorts and painted toenails in public and no one has said a word to me but its those scars from our childhood that follow us for the rest of our lives and keeps me from goin out dressed in the daytime... im married and dont have any desires towards bein gay...... its those few small minds that make it hard for us to be ourselves...

im 6 ft 200 pounds but i dont look it

So far no one has dared make a comment.I am not very tall,5'7" but I have packed a lot of muscle on my body.I tend to look rather intimidating to most people probabley because my arms are so big.One punch and I would be in prison.So I really need to control myself.I have trained in three marshal arts and carry a .45 auto every day,which makews control very important.It's very nice to get home and take my gun off and have some Irish whiskey to unwind.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Priscilla, besides your imposing physique and hidden weaponry, why would someone make a comment to you? I mean, what I am saying is, do you go out in public dressed? I am just curious because I thought I had read in past threads that you don't really dress in public. Just curious, and correct me if I am wrong

Seems like an awful lot of testosterone in your post....

DanaJ
    Last edited by DanaJ; 04-23-2005 at 09:59 PM.

Smile

Might have been the pony tail, but some guys just like to look for trouble! Be carefull out there it's a wicked world and we don't want to see anyone get hurt!
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

When I was in my teens, I had hair to the middle of my back. One guy at work often told me to "grow tits or get a haircut" .......if only.

~Sigrid

I don't get negative comments (well, except one a couple months ago made over the telephone), but I do get the silent treatment from some. I'm not sure which should be considered worse.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Trash and VauldVille Lucy Jayne GG's Avatar
    As a Woman I have received such sexist and derogatory comments since I was about 13 and developed earlier then most girls.Now most comments are directed at me by men who wanted to get my attention to say something vulgar or distastefull about my appearance and in some cases the sexual acts in which they wanted to perform on me(I hate when guys do that!),And some times I get the 15 year old high school boy who yells something random like,Your hot!or Nice ass!Or something in that vein(You have big boobs is my personal favorite,lol).
    I can definately understand the hurt of it,And the embarassment when you think your looking really good and then one bad comment and your entire night/day is ruined.
    It sucks feeling like everyone is staring at you,and not in the way you wanted them to.

Lucy J

Priscilla,You remind me of my friend Benny,He's 6'6 and 300 lbs of Pure muscle,He's a steel worker at the local Naval shipyard,he is really intimidating,and whenever I go out with him it seems like people(mainly men)Are afraid to look at me.
    The great thing is,He is gay and Incredibly effeminant,And could really never hurt anyone unless he thought he had to.
    He also has loads of tattoos,my favorite being two,very bright,very large,pink,poodle sillouhettes on his biceps,Which,when he takes his jacket off,everyone notices,But no one will dare say anything,hehe.

My theory is most "idiot" hecklers are just jealous, and probably if they had "the balls" dressup themselves!

I bet 99% of men have been curious about what a pair of stockings etc would feel like on, although they would not admit it!

Dee.

well I am going to go jogging today. Just to spite that insecure guy that yelled at me, I am going to wear my white short womens shorts! (only 3.5 inch inseam) And a pink top.....along with my diamond studs, ponytail & shaved tanned legs.......screw him!

StephanieCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Frillee
    well I am going to go jogging today. Just to spite that insecure guy that yelled at me, I am going to wear my white short womens shorts! (only 3.5 inch inseam) And a pink top.....along with my diamond studs, ponytail & shaved tanned legs.......screw him!

Good for you!!

I'm goig to be very honest though - please understand I'm just trying to help... based on what you said you were wearing in your first post I can see why he said you "looked like a girl"...
    I shaved my legs,
    had on my jogging shoes (mens)
    ankle socks
    short light blue guys swim trunks
    a nylon womens solid color dark top
    1 diamond stud in each ear
    sunglasses
    hair pulled back into a very small ponytail
    I know Canada's not that far from me (Mass. USA) but at least around here - shaved legs on a guy only work if you're on a bike or stacked and in a gym. Ankle socks are for "fags". Short swim trunks work for athletes but powder blue - nope. The diamond stud in each ear - pretty feminine. The short pony tail - I've been beat up just for having one in the past.

That's not to say I don't think you should wear whatever you want - go for it! I, personally, however have had the crap kicked out of me for being a "fag" (I'm not) just because I had a ponytail and an earring. Or I wore something light blue with sporty stripes. Or had on ankle socks and shorts. All of this was in high school but men don't grow up very quickly...

I understand what you are saying..... funny thing is the powder blue swim trunks are mens, so are the ankle socks!.....lol

Platinum Member
    stephanie i also live in mass. and know what you are talking abought...long hair in a poney tail and some fem. looks draw comments . and the best defence is to hold your own say fuc_ off and mean it most back down....i also have a lince to carry but often times don't have it with me...sometimes it's more your reaction to them fools that can change the out come.......

My ponytail is really short....it looks more like the all the back hair just pulled back......

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Priscilla, besides your imposing physique and hidden weaponry, why would someone make a comment to you? I mean, what I am saying is, do you go out in public dressed? I am just curious because I thought I had read in past threads that you don't really dress in public. Just curious, and correct me if I am wrong

Seems like an awful lot of testosterone in your post....

DanaJ
    Hi Dana,
    No I don't go out in public dressed,If I did I'd look like a fireplug in a dress.
    I do, howerver, wear ankle socks,have shaved legs and arms,like very short shorts and wear tank tops a lot.
    Yeah, I know about the testosterone thing, must be in my meds or supplements I take.I do not use steriods and never would but, I do use Glutamine,Fish oil and some others.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Oh just the usual insults calling me a jarhead or a grunt and that Im fighting Bush's war.WTF! I dont even support whatever is going down in Iraq and Im a Republican.

Anyhow sis,dont let words get you down.Just shrug em off(I know its not the easy).Be the better woman and dont let them get to you.Obviously they are insecure about themselves. Personally,I would have punched in the face.I know 2 wrongs dont make a right but I am belligerent somtimes
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Well the unfortunate fact is that there are assholes everywhere, and if they're having a bad day, or needing to make themselves feel more important, then they're going to pick on ANYBODY that doesn't conform to how they think people should be/look, just so they can feel better about themselves.

So this guy decided that you looked too much like a girl.
    It it hadn't been that he could just as easily have decided that you were too tall/too short/fat/thin/wearing glasses/wrong colour/wrong logos/last years colours/etc.

Hell, maybe he's just totally unfit and seeing you jogging made him feel bad about himself, and that's what triggered it.

Sel.

The thing that actually gets at me is what was said.

quote: <yells at me: " you look like a girl you faggot!">

and thats somehow a bad thing?
    Looking like a girl is a Bad thing???? Does his mother know of his thoughts on this?
    heck, does his father?

The times I have been mistaken for a girl is countless, but I have never thought it a bad thing.

But I think its true what the others have said, when simple people feel the need to be superior there is a tendancy to take the easy way out and put others down. Heaven forbid they might actually go out and do something that will make them feel better - nahhh! it's just to easy to hang out of a window and yell at someone.
    Thats class.

happy jogging.

Dee.
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

Seems confusing to me for the guy to say you look like a girl and then call you a fag. Seems to me that he is the one that is really confused.

I would love to receive the complimentary part. Anyone can tell me I look like a girl ANY TIME! I won't take that as an insult (I too have earings, pony tail past mid back, almost always ankle socks and shaved legs).

The fear part is the part I don't like. I recently went to a gay bar with some friends to see a drag show and one of my friends and I were standing outside to get some fresh air and three huge guys walked outside. That was the first time that I think I ever felt the kind of fear my wife has described to me as common for women when they are in a dark, deserted space they shouldn't be alone in. In guy mode I am not afraid of much, but in a skirt and heels things are a little different. BTW, the guys were huge, but nice and they were gay so they didn't bother us at all.

I need to figure out how to put a picture up for an avatar so that someone might tell me I look like a girl. It would make my day!

Sanity's Revisionist RainyHaze GG's Avatar
    I had a terrible time growing up with being made fun of. Being fat. I haven't heard anything in a few years. But when I used to drink a bit, and go to the gay bars I was almost always called fag or drag queen by someone on the street. Since I am a gg, I guess it was that I am 6 feet tall, that made them think that. Or better is that people who make comments dont think at all.

Rainy