Thread: CDing FFers

CDing FFers

In the "Manly Jobs" thread I counted nine firefighters, retired firefighters or former firefighters. Are any of the other firefighters suprised at that?

While I always wanted to be a firefighter and my career selection had nothing to do with with my crossdressing I do believe that my "gender issues" had an effect on my attitude. When I got started in the fire service at 18 I was trying to put the years of dressing in mom's clothes behind me and "man" up. I wanted it to be a manly job and wasn't very tolerant of women entering the fire service.

After a few years of denying I was a crossdresser it started coming back and not long after I got married it hit me really hard. I was also maturing and meeting some women firefighters I had a great deal of respect for. By the time the internet got here and I could really "research" my issues I was fully supporting women on the job.

I have now come far enough that my only thought about women firefighters is jealousy that they get to wear skirts and heels with their dress uniforms if the want.

Fire fighters aren't that manly. They're just your Mum with muscles.

Hey think about it.

Aw you girls are just basement savers ! Real girls ware badges and carry guns.

I took the test to become a FF in my early 20s. My dressing had slowed to a trickle at that time. I didn't have any great desire to be a FF at the time. It turned out to be the best job in the world although I couldn't even imagine what my life would be like if the guys found out about me. For those of you non FFs we live in very close quarters at work and CDing would not go over very well at all with all the "manly men". It would be interesting to know how many of us there are out there. I'm pretty sure my being a crossdresser didn't make a difference one way or the other as far as choosing this career.

The reason they're called firefighters, not firemen anymore, is because so many girls now do the job? :winking:

But, no, I'm not surprised trans-girls go for macho careers - in previous polls I've found 25-30% of us have been in the services of some kind?

Surely when we're younger, we seek jobs that prove we've not got a feminine streak, really - then, you get older, and discover you can't bury it forever?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

About 20 years ago I was seeing a therapist -- twice a week for a while -- about issues unrelated to crossdressing. I saw her for about three years, and for what it's worth I got a lot of personal insight out of the experience.

At one point, near the end, she joked "it seems like most of my clients are either firefighters, or crossdressers, or both."

A couple of sessions later I reminded her what she'd said, looked her in the eye, and said... "Well, I'm not a firefighter."

After a thoughtful pause she said "I'm not surprised. With your family background, it was either that or... gay. For what it's worth, crossdressing isn't usually considered to be a problem unless it causes problems in other parts of your life."

We moved on, and it was never mentioned again. I have always appreciated her answer, and the fact that she found it... unimportant.

-- Anne
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

"he's a lumberjack and he's OK..."
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    "he's a lumberjack and he's OK..."
    I cut down trees. I eat my lunch. I go to the lavatory.
    On Wednesdays I go shopping, and have buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees. I skip and jump. I like to press wild flowers.
    I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

I cut down trees. I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra.
    I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear papa.

And I thought you were so rugged!

The best part is the letter at the end of the skit:

Dear Sir,

I wish to complain on the strongliest possible terms about the song which you have just broadcast about the lumberjack who wears women's clothes. Many of my best friends are lumberjacks, and only a few of them are transvestites.

Yours faithfully,

Brigadier Sir Charles Arthur Strong (Mrs.)

p.s. I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times.
    Last edited by Raquel June; 02-16-2008 at 12:18 AM.

Well you have a great job you have my respct hun you go girl.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    That's right Joy !

Joy Carter

God made FF'S so cop's would have hero's !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Dont' fret Joy. If you had scored five more points on the test, you could have been a firefighter and not a cop!

LOL::HUGS

I used to be a volunteer firefighter for over 20 years. During that time frame I found it both rewarding and a pain in the a**.
    There was (and still is today) a lot of cliques and politics involved.

I hid my crossdressing from the others. Although in my later years when I was the driver, or fire police, I would some times have my toenails polished.

Coming out would automatically make you appear to be a "gay" or a flaming ass faggot (sorry for the crude remarks), But there were only 2 members out of 60 that had even gone to college.

But you have to be careful, as you don't want to have your backup person following you into a burning building, and might save your butt to be pissed off at you.

but I have found the majority of volunteer firefighters and paid firefighters to be only interested in 3 things, and it can be summed up this way.....Born on a mountain, raised in a cave, Trucking, F**king, and football are all they crave)

just my

Misty

Quote Originally Posted by MistyCD View Post
    Ibut I have found the majority of volunteer firefighters and paid firefighters to be only interested in 3 things, and it can be summed up this way.....Born on a mountain, raised in a cave, Trucking, F**king, and football are all they crave)

just my

Misty
    and BEER!

[quote=Joy Carter;1192151]Aw you girls are just basement savers ! Real girls ware badges and carry guns. [/quote

Basements are easy to save, it's the chimneys that take a little finesse......

and we don't need no stinkin' badges.....
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

I worked in a Department of Forestry/Department of Corrections fire camp. Some of my best friends are hosers. We were all just people doing their jobs. I don't know that any of them dressed, as they didn't know that I did.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.