Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heels and drab?

Heels and drab?

Anyone ever go out in heels, fem jeans and the rest drab? I've done the whole dress up thing a few times. It takes time to get all dolled up. I've also worn my Gloria Vanderbelt jeans and 3-4 inch heels wearing guy top, no wig, breast forms or make up. What do you think? Is this risky? Wrong? Nuts?

I don't think it's risky, wrong or nuts, if you're comfy doing that then do it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

It seems to be the new fashion.. I've seen it on TV - guys wearing high heels... and in a music video.. think it was Kylie Minogue... You wear what you like if it's nuts, who cares? lol
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Wearing heels in boy mode seem risky or scary to some, but to me I think it's totally the right thing to do if you want to.

For me, ... well, I'm a crossdresser, I like to wear women's clothes, but I also sometimes don't want to wear padding, forms, wig and lots of makeup. So what do I do? ... I partially dress. However, I also don't want to be restricted to staying in the house. The answer for me is to under dress and also dress in casual girl's clothes (but not skirts or dresses) as a woman my age would do. i.e. women's jeans, women's t-shirts and cardigans, feminine hoodies and tennis shoes etc. I know this isn't for everyone, but you can "push the envelope" as little or as much as you like. Ok, I do think it makes me look like a feminized male and I think people (presumably?) think I am gay. ... but so what?

Anyway, my point is, if you want to wear heels in boy mode, and you're confident to be able to handle any "looks" or "comments" I say go for it ... you might be surprised how easy and rewarding it is .. that's how it was for me when I first found out that I can openly wear fairly obvious women's clothes in a "girly-boy mode" without any negative consequences. Only one time did I get called a "faggot" ... most of the time people either ignore me or just smile.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 02-16-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Heels & Drab?

Unless you're strolling in a sensitive place (like near where you work), most people won't care.

Actually, if you simply add your hairpiece, earrings and lipstick, your look won't be all that much different from a lot of girls.

...Ive tried short heels and long jeans, but miles from where I live, and not for long ...xXx Emma

I'll have to give it a try. I think that it would work in todays world and no one would give a s--t.

I'm trying to build up the courage. I wear skirt 'en drab' all of the time but for some reason heels seem more risky. Luv the look tho. I think heels make any outfit more sexy.

Seems a bit risky......but then such is Life!

Hugs!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

it depend on were you live in small town it might be to risky but in big towen you might get away whith it

I love it, personally. Haven't done it really before, but I'm not that open and am scared of seeing someone I know. Somewhere else, without that problem, I'd like to do it though because most people won't care, or even if they do, won't say anything. I just like doing that to confuse people, and just the idea of it. I think it works with most other things, like a girly hairstyle, or painted nails.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

I have worn 2" heeled loafers in the mall while in guy mode. If I am going to the salon or consignment shop, stilettos are fine...I feel safe there and they know me
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

If that is how you comfortable then it;s OK you go girl
    Angie

Barbara
    Haven't worn guy jeans for quite a while, always underdress and also wear womans t-shirts. Even made a few trips with the forms in, I will have to try the jeans and low heels for starters but it sounds wonderfull!
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

I've been out with an andro look, skinny jeans with boots over, tunic style top and fem cut shortie leather jacket. no probs at all. kinda fun being a boy pretending to be a girl pretending to be a boy!

mitch

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I've been out street-heeling several times. Its not a big deal. I've only had a few looks from people. One was from a very attractive young woman (~30) who gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen and said "hi!". Most people don't notice or if they do, don't really care.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Banned Read only
    I have out in the yard but never to the mall or anything.

I will be honest and say that I think that is strange. I confess to not understanding the"blended crossdressing" - half male-half female appearance or gender queer. When I crossdress, I am aiming for 100% female because I am 100% male virtually all the time. In other words, the point is to slough off the male side and relax for a bit in "new skin". I have no desire to start a riot, promote a cause or otherwise cause people to notice me in what will like be a negative way. I have enough stress in my life as is.

But it is ok not to understand as long as you let people do whatever they want, provided it doesn't hurt onself or anyone else. God knows I'm an oddball, and like the freedom to do what I please. Go for it!

And I mean no offense, so please do not take it that way. Courage to do what you want is the virtue that matters here.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Why not. Check out the following site:

www.hhplace.org

Also keep in mind that women we "EVERY ARTICLE" of male clothing including men's shoes and neckties. They even have men's wear lines of clothing for women that consists of male clothing designs that has been made to better fit the female body.

There is absolutely no reason why you can't wear heels in male mode, however, I would stay away from "hooker heels" that 95 percent of women wouldn't even wear.

Jamie
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Gold Member
    Hmmm, well I wouldn't do it cause my poor feet are abused enough as it is.

From a fashion sense, I guess it depends on the entire shoe. Like pumps or sandals, it would be a bit risky. Plus, what about the unmistakable clicking that heels make?

If I was feeling a bit brave I might do that but normally I am too chicken so I just wear my ol tennies.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I don't understand. Why would sandals or pumps be risky if the heels are not too high?

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Hmmm, well I wouldn't do it cause my poor feet are abused enough as it is.

From a fashion sense, I guess it depends on the entire shoe. Like pumps or sandals, it would be a bit risky. Plus, what about the unmistakable clicking that heels make?

If I was feeling a bit brave I might do that but normally I am too chicken so I just wear my ol tennies.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I have done it a few times. Always in drab including mens jeans and a golfshirt. I have worn 2.5 inch heeled boots into the mall into dress barn. The click of the heels sounds like it is very loud so that the whole mall will hear you coming. The girl in dress barn said. I love your boots!!! Cool. Still very nervous leaving the store.

I have bought gold flats from Payless and wore them out of the store and then into fashion bug and a few stores up the street. No one said a thing.

Lastly was just a week ago. I wore my 4 inch brown strech boots into payless. Walked around and noone said anything except the SA who loved them and wanted to know how I find such great deals on my shoes!!

I still sweat and am very nervous but am getting more confident. Dana

I recently saw a guy in Target wearing very high heel, shiny black boots and the remainder of his clothes drab.
    I watched the reaction of others more than him and I have to say other then a very few strange looks no one seemed to pay it much attention. It encouraged me to be a little more brave so I am now wearing about 2 inch heel women's boots , women's jeans and the rest drab and frankly no one has noticed anything. I love it and plan to go further.

heels n jeans

Yep done that. It feels good to be able to stop for gas pay at the pump and no one seems to notice the 2 1/2 " heels. Bobbie

kitten heels

I often wear my kitten heel pumps (about 2in), bra with forms (44D) and the rest drab. I have shopped in several stores tis way and never had a comment, in fact couldn't even tell if anyone noticed......Stephanie