Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heels and drab?

i would love to ware a pair of heels out in drab, but i dont ever think i will get the nerve up to do it. and i know i will never get the nerve up to go out fully dressed.

loves shoe shopping
    If you can just blend in with everyone else, then no one would really care too much or make any comments. Like if you go to any college, you can see both men and women wearing hoodies, jeans, and running shoes, and the only difference is their face and hair. But you never really see girls there wearing heels unless they're teachers.

In a mall, it might be different. Just choose the right look for the right situation. Don't be wearing a cocktail dress and heels just to go out to a baseball game.

Well I can't wear heels to work to dangerous in a factory. but sounds alright to me would give it a try.

As Jamie stated, www.hhplace.org is all about men wearing heels. They have "heel meets" all over the world. I have been a member of that forum for about 10 years, but have not visited recently. A lot of great folks there too. Definitely worth a visit.

Silver Member
    I enjoy the fit and feel of Gloria jeans, PH, a girly blouse under a fem sweater, and my 2 inch heel half boots that could be for gal or guy. No one has said anything or seems to care what I wear, as most people are too busy in their own lives to notice.

Enjoy, Chari

It's Fun

[SIZE="3"]I think it is fun to go out wearing girl shoes with drab clothing. I try to go place where I won't see someone I know. Most of the time I wear flats, but sometimes a short heel, 1" or so. Never tried high heels, but I think I will look for a time.

TTFN
    Cyndie
    [/SIZE]

Sure Have!

I've gone out wearing flats, or loafers (nothing to 'clicky' sounding as I walk) many times.

I almost always underdress, and have worn femme tops and jeans on and off in these cases.

For me, it is a thrill, and a chance to finally get to wear some of the wonderful femme clothes I've acquired over the years. I especially love shoes, so this fits really well for me.

Something I've discovered, and am glad to share with the group is a current style of mens jeans that work really well w/ lots of femme shoes. I have a couple pair of these already and love them as nice regular guy jeans, and because of the pretty good flare they have, work really nice to provide a subtle cover for our flats, loafers, tennies, and pumps. Levi 527. They work for me!

hugs to all !

Krissy

fair play ! i tell you what if more guys where to wear heels in public with their male attire ect - stilettos would be in mens clothes shops within months ! so maybe thats how mens clothes boundaries could be broken down it happened for women with trousers didnt it !

The only pair of jeans that fit me currently own is a pair of women's Levis. I have gone shopping wearing in those jeans with a pair of 3 inch heeled boots. From the front, the boots look male, rounded toe, neutral color. I have only had one or two people look funny at me while I wear them.
    -----

Sherri T

Proudly perched in my Patent High Heels

I've worn kitten heel pumps and ballet flats quite frequently, with pantyhose and girls jeans, hardly ever had a second glance from anyone.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drucilla View Post
    I recently saw a guy in Target wearing very high heel, shiny black boots and the remainder of his clothes drab.
    I watched the reaction of others more than him and I have to say other then a very few strange looks no one seemed to pay it much attention. It encouraged me to be a little more brave so I am now wearing about 2 inch heel women's boots , women's jeans and the rest drab and frankly no one has noticed anything. I love it and plan to go further.
    was it the new super target in north phoenix???that was me

There's no nothing in the clothing manual that says a guy can't wear heels and jeans in drab.
    If you're comfortable with yourself, then I say so I go for it girlfriend.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    not sure where this fits in.....if we as cds go out dressed the way the ggs dress then we wont set any new trends,,i LUV to wear skirts,(i actualy go into a pink fog when it comes to skirts),i have been out in public in a skirt and heels and i think that if we can do this then we will show up the ggs and it might make them think twice about how they look b4 they step out of the house and walk around in public,,i have been out and seen how SLOPPY the females of today dress,,sweat pants and slippers to the store...huge gutted women in crop tops...legs all banged up and ghoastly white and bare in a skirt for work.....

If the shoe fits why not wear it. At one time a guy with pierced ears was very unique. Now, you see guys with pierced ears all the time. Same thing with tatoos. Twenty years ago you probably would have to look hard to find a woman with a tatoo now try a find a woman under 30 without one! If you are comfortable then just do it. However, that's the rub. Most of us cannot just do what we want because of the others around us. So, at least do it when you're out of town!!!

I've worn short pants with pantyhose and high heels, a skort with pantyhose and wedge heels or high heels. And even a few times i've worn jeans with pantyhose and heels....

hugs misty