Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind blew my skirt up in public today

Dreams of being a bride

Wind blew my skirt up in public today

Had a very new experince this morning was out at shops in a long (but very lose) skirt well it was windy and I'm walking around and then the wind came badly and blew up my skirt so it lifted up to my stomach and everybody noticed it.

I got serveral people looking at me some of them laughing at what had just happend but also a couple of dirty looks from people one can only assume are narrow minded and must have worked out I'm a cd.

I tried to behave with decorm and simply pulled down my skirt smiled and quickly headed into a shop ( where I found a very nice green dress - that I purchased)

But I canrt help feeling rather embarrsed about what happend today and also feel somewhat undignified by it all.

i suppose its par for the course of being a gg - going out in a floaty skirt that can and will blow up - i would love that to happen to me ! but maybe thats where taping becomes relevant - the feel of a skirt blowing in the wind would make me feel more feminine than anything but maybe not if it showed my tackle ! maybe if its windy hold the front part of your skirt down so only the back blows up !

Another reason to always wear clean underwear. You were wearing underwear, weren't you?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    How odd.
    I've been wearing long skirts in all kinds of weather for years and never had an experience like that.

Dreams of being a bride
    Yes I was of couse wearing clean underwear, I just feel very embarrsed about what hapend.

First time I have ever had anything like that happen to me, and I've spent the last couple of years going out in long skirts, but the skirt in question is very lose fitting and has to be worn with a belt to prevent it falling off lol.
    Last edited by cd4l; 02-17-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Barbara
    Never say any guy in drab that ripped his pants and showed his underwear that wasn't embarased. Must just be a part of the territory and something to get used to.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

some skirts will blow up in the wind especially gypsy skirts ! they are so light in material and so full - any full skirt will blow up in the wind - i've seen ggs struggling to keep their skirts down - but i guess they just get used of it and know instinctively when it might be a problem !

Dreams of being a bride
    Intesting you should make that point shirley as I was in fact wearing a gypsy skirt when this happend, I'm now thinking is there any work a seamstress can do to the said skirt to make it less liable to blow up in very windy condtions.

Never walk on the side of the street opposite to the direction the wind is coming from and go next to a tall building. When the wind comes up against a high wall, it doesn't have any other way to go but straight up, and it will take your skirt with it.

Did you turn 3 shades of red hun
    Angie

I had the same problem last Fall. It wasn't a windy day when I went out in a very light knee-length skirt, but one place I walked was in a 'canyon' between two very tall buildings that really concentrated the wind.

So I was walking along one moment minding my own business, when the next thing I knew my skirt was being blown against the front of my legs in a stiff wind. I glanced down and could see it flapping behind me like a flag

I thought that that would be the worst... but then the wind shifted just a bit and started coming directly toward the building instead of running down the street. When it hit the building, it went UP, lifting my skirt with it!!

I was in a bit of trouble, since I had my purse in one hand and a cup of coffee I had just bought in the other. It took me what FELT like several seconds to free up a hand, then take control of the skirt. The problem was that I could control it in the front OR the back with one hand free... not both! I finally gathered enough of the material in my hand to be able to hold the entire skirt down. In this time I'm sure that all the cars on the street and other pedestrians on the sidewalk had quite a laugh.

In the end, it as an embarrasing moment... but honestly I got a bit of a thrill from it. I'd always wondered what it would be like for a woman in that situation, and now I knew. I even got a glimpse of what I Looked like in the situation, since the wall of the building I was walking along were mirrored glass (anybody in an office on the other side of that glass must have gotten quite a show!)

(BTW: After getting things under control, I cut my walk short and headed back toward the car with my skirt firmly held down.)
    Last edited by Cristi; 02-17-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

The Rubbernecked Crowd

I am sure they would have preferred that you wrestle the wind to the ground, and beat it severely about the head and neck.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cd4l View Post
    Intesting you should make that point shirley as I was in fact wearing a gypsy skirt when this happend, I'm now thinking is there any work a seamstress can do to the said skirt to make it less liable to blow up in very windy condtions.
    no just change your skirts for goin out if you are that worried - i want to eventually go out wearing a denim mini - i have got a few ! - no seamstress could alter the fact that i'm going to be showing my legs ! and thighs ! so i had better make sure i have had a good shave high up ! or just dont wear revealing skirts ! no i want to wear revealing skirts it makes me feel like a proper girl !

That happened to me this past week also. Only I was outside the church getting ready to go in when the Texas wind caught me by surprise and up went my skirt. There was no one around though when it happened so I don't think anyone noticed. But it was embarrassing to me--being the first time. (And I did have on clean underwear and black panty hose.)

That happened to me today also, luckily I was with 4 other women no one else saw it only the ladies I was with saw it. it felt very breezy. they thought it was funny and said to me now you know what we go through when the wind blows our skirts up. I had on a double layered full skirt dress. light material.

A very girly thing to happen and it didn't do Marilyn Monroe any harm in those iconic pictures from Seven Year Itch. As long as you didn't have hairy legs and your "maleness" wasn't prominent in the front of your panties I wouldn't worry about it.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by cd4l View Post
    I'm now thinking is there any work a seamstress can do to the said skirt to make it less liable to blow up in very windy condtions.
    I've noticed in some of the old style books I read that it mentions stitching dimes or nickles into the hem on skirts to give them a little more weight so they won't blow up like that.

I also work at looking female even in my underwear. Between tucking and wearing the right underwear and foundations, if any wardrobe malfunction happens, I still look like a GG. Just a surprised GG!!
    wind.jpg
    Sally

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

i never wear panties,,im always in PANTYhose....and if the wind blew up my skirt i would luv it ,,but im an exhibitionist
    Last edited by obsessedwithpantyhose; 02-18-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Lightbulb Art Frahm Sally's Post

Artist Art Frahm had a lot of very nice images of women in "distress" relating to exposure. The onlookers seem to enjoy the peek. That was a good era for "naughty but nice" sexuality in art.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

Dreams of being a bride
    Hello again

I think when I posted yesterday I was just feeling somewhat embarsed at what had just happend to be honest now I've relaxed and got over the fact some people were rather rude towards me I'm not upset at all over what happend.

I dont think it was the fact my skirt got blown up that upset me it was the fact a couple of people were quick to make nasty comments

Also I carnt say I like to draw attention to myself on a day to day basis I simply like to blend in and pass for want of a better way of putting it, as I can usualy do that having everyone looking at me and in some cases laughing just felt very uncomfatble.

Well after all that - I was back out in a gypsy skirt today because at the end of the day I enjoye wearing a nice gypsy skirt

I sometimes stand in my back garden fully dressed on dark windy evenings just so that happens [I,m always fully tucked though]. I just love the feel of the wind between my legs..It just feels so girly!!
    Maybe i,m just weird though!!
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 02-18-2008 at 02:04 PM.

As I've said in other posts I wear skirts in male mode most of the time. I've been asked many times by GG's what I wear under the skirt.

I tell them, "Good girls don't ask, nasty girls find out." Then I tell them, "pray for wind" then walk away.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Rose View Post
    As I've said in other posts I wear skirts in male mode most of the time. I've been asked many times by GG's what I wear under the skirt.

I tell them, "Good girls don't ask, nasty girls find out." Then I tell them, "pray for wind" then walk away.
    MMMMMMMMMMM

Oh my! I would have died! I guess that is why I prefer jeans on the rare occasion I venture out.Hmmm, I just may go try this out for myself.

I had a flash of Maryln Monroe for a second!

I was out in my back yard in a windstorm last year and had the wind blow UP inside my skirt - felt wonderful!!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard