Thread: Veet

Veet

Well, I decided to try veet today, since i got tired of shaving all the time. The stuff tingles a bit when it's on, but didn't hurt. I'm REALLY disappointed with the results. On parts of my leg it worked GREAT.. i mean WOW.

but i have big areas that still have lots of hair on them.. The hair is really delicate and breaks easily in a tweezer now, so an epilator is out of the question to finish the job.

i'm just real frustrated now, since i have a partially hairy leg

Quote Originally Posted by Rayna
    Well, I decided to try veet today, since i got tired of shaving all the time. The stuff tingles a bit when it's on, but didn't hurt. I'm REALLY disappointed with the results. On parts of my leg it worked GREAT.. i mean WOW.

but i have big areas that still have lots of hair on them.. The hair is really delicate and breaks easily in a tweezer now, so an epilator is out of the question to finish the job.

i'm just real frustrated now, since i have a partially hairy leg
    I have sensitive skin. I tried it and got chemical burns. It took about 1 week to fully heal... Definitely not the miracle solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx
    I have sensitive skin. I tried it and got chemical burns. It took about 1 week to fully heal... Definitely not the miracle solution.
    I may actually break down and get laser hair removal or something. I HATE dealing with shaving, but i hate body hair even more!

I had mediocre results with Nair. My skin felt tender for some time afterwards. Shave my legs every second day, my chest etc, every alternate second day. I use a hair growth retarding skin cream. Pluck my eyebrows, use wax strips around my eyes and on my chest. Use an epilator on my eyebrows, ears, fingers, toes,etc. Just an ongoing battle. wenda.

StephanieCD
    I had the same thing with nair on my legs - some spots... WOW. others - WTF!? I decided that I hadn't done it thoroughly enough or used enough product in those areas - but the smell was horrible - was veet awful to be around? I HATE that smell - even in the salon.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    I had the same thing with nair on my legs - some spots... WOW. others - WTF!? I decided that I hadn't done it thoroughly enough or used enough product in those areas - but the smell was horrible - was veet awful to be around? I HATE that smell - even in the salon.
    The veet doesn't exactly smell good.. but it's more tollerable than nair. My bathroom still smells like veet 7 hours later.
    I'm not sure i'd waste another $8 on it though.

janedoe311

Be wary of chemical hair removers

Be real careful with the chemical hair removers. Search them on the web first. I have yet to find one that gets good reviews not to mention the chemicals used are “toxic”. If you think about it, what could be in something that dissolves hair, what could it being doing to your skin. Not to mention some of these chemicals will be absorbed into your body.

I doubt there is a “miracle” hair remover except electrolysis ($100 a square inch I read on one site). I have also heard that the laser technique is not always permanent and can leave burns and scaring in rare cases. I suspect that is the doctors experience though.

I tried NADS, it is not painless. It would not remove my arm hair, did not seem to get a good enough grip, my hair has a strong hold too. I tried it on my face same problem I even let my “beard” grow such as it is for about two weeks, (no one noticed). I am blond and have very little body hair and what I have is light in color (getting grey now, AH) and thin, so I am lucky there.

When I dressed up as Wonder woman for Halloween I got a little carried away and shaved everything, legs, chest to the lower area, ,under the arms,(it hurt for a week), arms and face and neck, my wife freaked out! I have always hated body hair but my wife would have a cow if I kept it off. I have sensitive skin and can not use deodorant, or most skin creams or eye rejuvenation creams, (they either burn of make my eyes feel hot. I have allergies so most scents cause a problem. I did have a moment of brain drain and purchased a hair inhibiter. It did nothing and stung. Later I found some not nice things about it and the ch)emicals it uses, do not remember the make.

I hate shaving my face, and do not always remember to. (You would think after #@$ years of shaving I would do it every day (which is not necessary for my so called beard) without thinking about it, not so.

Sorry about all the bad news and nothing helpful. I do not think that there is a safe and effective liquid or gel hair remover. Wax seems to be the longer lasting way and the hair grows back less visible, so they say.

Waxing still the best hair remover.

A good salon is worth the money, for chest, back arms underarms, eybrow shape legs etc and it is so much easier when someone else waxes you.

Gail

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311
    Be real careful with the chemical hair removers. Search them on the web first. I have yet to find one that gets good reviews not to mention the chemicals used are “toxic”. If you think about it, what could be in something that dissolves hair, what could it being doing to your skin. Not to mention some of these chemicals will be absorbed into your body.
    Excellent advice You ever wondered why these products leave what look like a rash on your skin?? It isn't a rash, it's the chemicals in them that burn your skin. Long term use of such products will eventually cause irreversable damage to your skin. Read the instructions and always do a patch test first. The most sensitive part to do such a test would be on the elbow crease (inner arm). However.... this isn't always 100% proof that it won't cause a reaction elsewhere on your body.

Not everyone has reactions to this product, but if you do... don't use it again JUST to see if it was a first time reaction. Personally, I prefer waxing or epilation.....yes I know it hurts, but the more you have it done, the less it hurts.

Tamara x
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

A good resource that covers all aspects of hair removal can be found at Hairtell Forum

They cover just about everything, what works, what doesn't. They have a forum in which a number of electrolysists (sp?) and laser removal technicians participate. They even have transexual and adult sections. There are reviews of most chemical removers (as well as most razors, epilators, waxes, sugar threads ect. as well as the never ending argument between electrolysis and laser).

Jenna
    Last edited by Jennacd; 04-27-2005 at 04:38 PM.