Thread: Trying to bring up wearing a wig

Trying to bring up wearing a wig

Never have worn one but think it would complete the dressing,but also afraid the wife may think its too much(after years of bras and panties and high heels I don't think she would mind)but i guess the question I have is do you think its good to complete the "look"

Definitely Sandi jo! My advice is to make sure it's the right wig for your face shape, age etc. The right wig can totally complete your look, the wrong one - although sometimes fun - can just, well look wrong. For years I had a blond wig that I really liked, but it doesn't match my coloring at all, it's just a fun wig. I never wore it out but some days it's fun to be a curly headed blonde!

Talk to you wife some about it if she is supportive.
    Krissy

A wig makes the whole experiance better, especialy if your male hair is like mine. I have a wig on in my Avatar. I really like them, but hot in the summer.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Try one it's the only way to sewe if that't what you want hun
    Angie

I think a wig does complete the look

Getting the right wig is another story

I was always told the best thing is to use a wig closest to you natural hair colour

That works for most people
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    "...don't think she would mind)but ..."

Need a wig, hun, but a little word of caution. Have read many threads from the wives and SOs and several mention that they got used to panties and bras and shoes, but several also mention that they kinda bridled when their girl got a wig or started using makeup. For us it may not be a big deal, but for them, it sometimes seemed like another step away from them.

If your lady has been accepting so far, I think you should, at least mention it to her first. Depending on her degree of acceptance, you may need to renegotiate your 'contract'. Always be honest with your lady. Ask her opinion, too.

respect (for accepting ladies) & love (for candor)

deja
    Last edited by deja true; 02-24-2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: added thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi jo View Post
    ...afraid the wife may think its too much(after years of bras and panties and high heels I don't think she would mind)but i guess the question I have is do you think its good to complete the "look"
    Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    If your lady has been accepting so far, I think you should, at least mention it to her first. Depending on her degree of acceptance, you may need to renegotiate your 'contract'. Always be honest with your lady. Ask her opinion, too.
    I second deja true's advice. As far as how important a wig is to the femme look, I've always said, "60% wig, 30% makeup, and 10% smile". All the rest will fall in place.

Good luck with your new adventure Sandi Jo.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

If you decide to go ahead with purchasing a wig (and I hope you do) check out KellyAnne's message on face shapes and wigs

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74238

I thought this was very good information. Selecting the right wig for your face shape makes a big difference
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

By all means get a wig as said before it will complete your dressing. I have two,one long which I like and one short and curly which the wife got for me as she said I look a 100% better and it reflects my age better.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Its the icing on the cake - go for it . Try to chat to youre partner before you buy one - involve her in youre choice too ...at least you won,t look silly as you would after buying a totally wrong one then parade in front of her .
    My advice is try ebay , go for a synthetic one - and spalsh out ( no pun intended ) on a good shampoo / conditioner and proper wig comb ......
    I simply could,nt believe the girl who sat before me , reflecting in the mirror when I first popped a wig on . Makes me smile to think of that very first time.
    Good luck

It absolutely caps off the whole experience. You have to try it for yourself.