Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally made that all important appointment...

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
    Nice one Kieron! See, I told you you'd be fine mate

And you're lucky to have found a GP who knows what to do - when I first went to mine he had no idea, and it took him months to find out. 6 weeks isn't long to wait at all! I'm really, really chuffed for you
    Thanks Dave and thanks for helping to clear my mind last night

Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    Dude....That is so awesome!! It's going to work out great, I KNOW it!!
    Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Woot, that's great Kieron. Sorry I missed this thread before. Happy for you!
    Ah dont sweat it, i know you've been busy, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Good for you, K, I knew you'd get it! Six weeks, huh? As long as it doesn't interfere with the wedding.
    i told him i dont want no appointments in june! LOL and they have most of May to get an apointment out to me so...but funny thing is now ive done this im in no rush because im in the system so if i have to change the appointment i will do so
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 02-29-2008 at 09:57 AM.

*hugs Kieron* That's great news bro! So happy for ya!!!

That's great news Kieron I bet you're looking forward to that
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    that's soo wonderful kieron! *huggles* all the men are going to the top it seems.

keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

Wonderful new, Kieron, so happy for you!!

I'll be watching for the updates. Way to go!!
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Hey Kieron, glad your new doc was able to help you out and get you the referral.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    ...but funny thing is now ive done this im in no rush because im in the system so if i have to change the appointment i will do so
    That's how I feel too. And I have changed my appointment twice because of work. And may have to again. But after 2 months I am getting a bit antsy.

But the main thing is taking that first step and pushing off from shore. It feels like you're on your way.

I'm out of the loop. What wedding? Who you marrying?
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    I'm out of the loop. What wedding? Who you marrying?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow Kieron that's great news.

And six weeks is nothing at all, especially with the NHS being the way it is!!!
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ema1234 GG View Post
    Thanks Emma, although i wont be surprised when its longer

Quote Originally Posted by Ema1234 GG View Post
    Wow Kieron that's great news.
    Ok, you Limey's stumped this Yankee girl on the NHS anacronym . . . .

hugs,
    'lissa

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaK View Post

hugs,
    'lissa
    National Health Service....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Health_Service
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 03-06-2008 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melissaK View Post

hugs,
    'lissa

Like what Kieron said...

It's a free health service in this country, essentially you can get anything you truely need done for free in the UK. But chances are you'll have to wait to have it done. If you want anything done quickly, or nonessential plastic surgery you have go private and pay for it.
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.

From Kieron's wiki link: "The NHS is the world's largest health service, and the world's third largest employer after the Chinese army and the Indian railways."

I used to think of myself as well informed, but sheeesh, how'd I miss knowing about this group! Sadly, I'm just another ethnocentric Yankee girl . . .

hugs,
    'lissa

Platinum Member
    Well i just got a letter this morning from my local Mental Health Team, asking me to call them to arrange the Initial Assessment Appointment and so i did....and i have an appointment 17th April at 2pm , best thing about this is the appointment centre is literally up the road from me

Hi Kieron

Good luck with the assessment when the time comes
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Woah, dude!! Great news on the appointment!!
    Ever The Opportunist

that's excellent news Kieron
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

and i have an appointment 17th April at 2pm , best thing about this is the appointment centre is literally up the road from me
    And you don't have to get up early . . . well, that part is important to me.

Congrats! You're cookin' with gas now!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Haha, I agree. 2 PM is a perfect time for an appointment. It gives you a few hours to get yourself looking good. Not that you need that time, right Kieron?

Congrats on the appointment, and it's great it's just up the street.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    Haha, I agree. 2 PM is a perfect time for an appointment. It gives you a few hours to get yourself looking good. Not that you need that time, right Kieron?
    Yeah i had to ask for an afternoon appointment because i get care in the morning.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrianna
    Congrats on the appointment, and it's great it's just up the street.
    yeah and ive just discovered its in hospital grounds so i should be able to get free transport too

Great news Kieron hope it all goes well for you.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Awesome news bro!

yeah and ive just discovered its in hospital grounds so i should be able to get free transport too
    And even better.
    Story of my life –>

Platinum Member
    Yup i managed to get transport, they confirmed that and the appointment today....so everything is in place for it....i think??

Ive got a month to wait and ive just begun to feel nervous about it again lol
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 04-08-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Platinum Member
    Countdown begins, 9days to go and im effing nervous the closer it gets to this appointment, its like my whole future rides on it and i hate not having that control over it
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 04-08-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Countdown begins, 9days to go and im effing nervous the closer it gets to this appointment, its like my whole future rides on it and i hate not having that control over it
    Just be your usual eloquent self and I don't see how they could do anything but what you want. Telling you not to be nervous won't accomplish anything, but -- really! -- don't be nervous!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe