Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rest Rooms again, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by annekathleen View Post
    I think a crossdresser, no matter how convincing, is still a man dressed in womens clothing.
    Perhaps you can only talk with authority about yourself?

Walking into the 'Mens' is much more likely to see you beaten to a pulp, surely?

might make a real woman uncomfortable , uneasy, unsettled, or just plain upset, if she knew that there was a man pretending to be a woman, using the stall next to her. I wouldn't want my wife, girfriend, sister, or daughter, subjected to that experience:mad:
    YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE SAYS: "MALE"
    And if an irate husband, father, boyfriend, or brother finds out,
    so will your DEATH CERTIFICATE say: "MALE"
    Mmm. It's always the men who have a problem with it, not the women, IME?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Tessa
    However if you are not passable it can be a real problem because you don't want to make genetic women feel nervous or fearful.
    The way around that is to talk with people. Not to appear furtive, or threatening? Act like you've a right to be there - you're doing something normal...

Quote Originally Posted by yms
    If you are in a shared restroom, get in and out as quickly as possible. It's not a social event.
    No, really, it is... You're not doing it right, honey?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Just A Girl Next Door
    I just look at the little figure outside the door. If I'm wearing a skirt, I use the rest room with the sign of the figure wearing the skirt!

But seriously - a man in womens clothing entering a mens room WILL face violence. Not every time, but enough that the odds will catch up with you pretty quickly, especially if alcohol is involved. Non-CD men tend to think guys who wear womens clothes are there to pursue them sexually, and many react in a severe way (I have a handful of gay friends who face this hostility on a regular basis - like gay men are out pursuing every other male or something). If you're dressed as a woman, do something else - find a tree or go behind a wall if you're desperate - but never the mens room.

And I don't know how passable I am, but I've used the womens room a handful of times with no incident.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar

Smile My 2 bits worth here

Short and simply, would be which ever gender you look most like, is what bathroom you should use. Please always look for private ones first, even if you have to go to the other end of the mall. Mind your bathrrom manners, it makes a difference. Safe bet: get in, be shy, don't speak, but do smile, don't linger, get out. All goes well most of the time.

All was well in a Target bathroom, until, full house, waiting my turn, then I was coming out of stall, I was passable, no trouble, all friendly... until my daughter said "I'm with him". Now here comes the employees ... I couldn't get out fast enough

My rule is no talking in the rest rooms, as she is only 11, and purely innocent. Save yourself some trouble; learn from this. In the federal court house, I use the ladies room all the time with 0 problems. Which ever restroom you choose to use, USE common sense in there, first rule of thumb.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

There is this article from the Washington Post:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/rawfi...ets_to_us.html

In many ways, it is well written, but the repeated use of the euphemism "right equipment" shows just how hard it is for society to talk about this.

And just think how many stright men that do not like CD/TG in the mens room are looking for a rump with a CD/TG.

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    I only had one problem, at a jc pennies down in tx. and it was a mother of 3 girls she was nervice, I just smiled and did what I need to do. nothing else, just smile.

keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

New Member, Old soul. KittenKraske's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzzie View Post
    Later on in the day, My son tells the SO and she mentions to me that she will take the boy to the rest room if we are out in public from now on. Wow, what did I do wrong? She really gets worked up over the littlest things. LOL

SUzzie
    Well I can't really see what you did wrong, in fact I think you took charge and were responsible for your childs needs. I think most SO's don't really understand the conflict we go through when deciding where to go! Oh well, I would say you are somewhat lucky as you now don't have the responsibility of taking him to the bathroom. :P
    Purrrr, Kitten Kraske

"Be, Here, Now, Remember." --The Universe

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    I try to find a good tree out back.
    There ya go. I'm with you Trannie.