Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nails and the job

Semi Sane innocent angel

Nails and the job

Today I had to ask a supervisor a question and he just kept on looking at my nails.

I guess he thought my 1/2 inch long acrylic nails were just to girlie

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I get that too. People have a hard time with that.

Gen

I can't wear the nails cause I use my hands too much. I tried it once and they broke off the first day at work.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I think for some the nails might be a bit much. I have my ears pierced, eyebrows always waxed. Clean shaven except for days I see the mad scientist and and have my face zapped . Plus I have clear gel on my nails that shine.

Just think what would happen if they saw my feet
    Last edited by Niya W; 02-27-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Someome at work the other day asked if anyone ever gave me a hard time about my nails. I said, "No... you're the first one."
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Ain't no one said a word to me yet. My nails are long(for a year a half now), polished with a translucent pink, hair long, earrings, plucked brows, mascara, and perfume. Not a thuing's been said at work. Nor by any of the customers.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    My nails are log until winter and they break, I have notice many men in my area with long nails now in fact some longer than mine and natural too. I do not wear any polish on them just keeping them natural.

I get nothing but compliments about my nails at work. I've never had anyone give me a hard time about them and I've had them long for almost 10 years. I like pretty nails and it just doesn't bother me what some people might think.
    Jamie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]As with everything tough in life, practice is the key. I wear my nails long everyday and do hair and permanent makeup with them. I sometimes have a difficult time getting my nitrile gloves on but I love it and I scare my clients so much that none of them say anything about my nails.

Your silly sis,

Tami
    [/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tamarav; 02-28-2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: caint spill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

JamieTG & tamarav - your nails are gorgeous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Someome at work the other day asked if anyone ever gave me a hard time about my nails. I said, "No... you're the first one."
    Nice one!

I use my hands too much also at work but I keep them as long as I can

Aspiring Member

Coach! Your nails look better than mine!

My reply, "I had them done last week. I'm scheduled to back again over spring break."

They are not long, but shaped with clear polish and a second coat of a different clear that made them smell like acrylic nails. I think that they look great. High school girls are very observant and I have gotten several questions about if I do my nails and I always answer, "by a professional."

Oh, if they could see my toes!

Banned Read only

Lightbulb i dont like them to much

those nails hurt way to much to pull off... i type on a key board all day and like they would get in the way, lucky for me i got really tough nails and can grow em really long, you think of asking your boss what he thinks?

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Though I'm a GG, I still get strange looks and questions about my nails.

The most frequently asked question: How do you wipe your with those!?

My reply: I don't, I use toilet paper.

This pic has me with my shortest nail length.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Niya, Maybe your supervisor is jealous of your nails and is afraid to ask where you got yours done! If longer nails do not effect your work performance, why should anyone care how long they are. I'm in contact with some professional males that always have their nails a little longer, polished and it's very acceptable. Hmmm, wonder if they are Cding too.

Enjoy, Chari

I have had my nails done, acrilic with white french tips for the last 6 years with very few comments. I think it has a lot to do with attitude.
    Mikecd999

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    Ladies you are so lucky , I would not be able to get away with it . I would probably break them in no time anyway. I may just try it some time as I am getting more and more to that point of I don't care this is who I am attitude.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I dont have work issues with my nails being long. At least not to my face no-one has commented but then the company I work for has a pretty strict antidiscrimination policies. The problem i have is when I'm playing with my partner intimately, long nails scratch and get in the way and she gets annoyed, so while I've grown them out long many a time I generally keep them short now, besides appearance wise it doesnt make that much of a difference if their long or short short nails can be just as girly ( or more so) painted up nicely as long ones.

KinkedAmanda
    The Happy ****!

I do go to work with my nails done in male mode.I luckily work at a place that prohibits discrimination towards crossdressers,Transgendered people and racial remarks which is also strict

I too have long acrylic nails. Every so often someone will notice them. Most times it is a positive comment. Last Thanksgiving, some of the front office girls noticed my long nails and next thing I know I am showing them my polished toes too. LOL Even while on vacation, I walked around the Water Park for about 4 hours with my Red toes showing and still no one said anything at all to me.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    . LOL Even while on vacation, I walked around the Water Park for about 4 hours with my Red toes showing and still no one said anything at all to me.
    my sister freaked when she saw mt toe nails

My fiiance did do my toe nails last night,a shiney Blue and I love the color

Jamie, your nails look great hon. I too have fairly long and shaped nails and a lot of the females in my area get a bit upset with them. Most people around here just don't think too highly of women like us. Oh well, maybe one of these days I can get out of here. Maybe back to sunny San Diego.
    Kisses, Linda

I never encountered that problem. The only nails I ever had on my job were the ones that get driven into wood. Luv and Jill