Thread: Your Current HRT

Banned Read only

Your Current HRT

What is your regimen of hormone therapy?

I tried mostly everythang....Premarin, all the estrogents, some progesterones, different kinds of androgyn blockers....

Right now I am taking 10mg Estradiol Valerate IM injection once weekly, with 2mg estradiol BID, 25mg Spironolactone BID, and a quarter of a pill of some Proscar my homegirl gave me BID.

I try not to take premarin anymore or even ethinyl estradiol because of the potential liver problems it causes, plus, equine (horse piss derived) estrogen that is Premarin causes "tube tits".

That's why old trannies and alot of black trannies have tubular boobs, from using Premarin.It's an old school estrogen drug.

I take Sustanon 250 on a three weekly basis. I started off one 4 weekly, but following a review based on blood tests after 3 shots, my dose was increased to every 3 weeks. I'll be having more blood tests after 3 months on the 3 weekly shot, so I'm hoping that I'll have the dose increased again after that, to every 2 weeks - though obviously that depends on the results and what the endo thinks when he sees them.

i also take Sustanon 250 on a three weekly basis and also i was on a 4 week basis but my levels where way to low i am still getting low readings at the end of my 3 weeks but for now they are happy and say the dose i am on is fine

Androgel 2.5 g daily and that should be doubled the end of this month.
    Ever The Opportunist

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Tessa View Post
    I try not to take premarin anymore or even ethinyl estradiol because of the potential liver problems it causes, plus, equine (horse piss derived) estrogen that is Premarin causes "tube tits".

That's why old trannies and alot of black trannies have tubular boobs, from using Premarin.It's an old school estrogen drug.
    That's mostly caused by transistioning later in life. Hormones have less of an effect the later you take them and breasts often don't devolpe the right shape. That's especially true if the transwoman had little or no breasts before starting HRT.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Tessa

I use Premarin because that is what my doctor recommended, and my breasts are developing quite well and are not tubular at all. They do play havoc with my liver, which was already on the fritz due to unrelated health issues, and the amounts I can take vary all the time, which will probably result in me switching to a patch if my numbers are still "off" when I next see my doctor.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Sharon, the patch is much safer for us "old gals". Everything I've read says that after age 50, and probably by 45, oral doses should be replaced with the patch to keep the liver from reacting badly.
    I'm currently prescribed the Vivelle Dot, .100 patch, changed twice a week, and 100 mg of spirolactone daily. My development is slow but steady. I have very little body fat to contribute to the development and I think that has an effect on the breast growth, slowing it down. I'm going to talk to my Endo about progesterone when I see him in May. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get an appointment with the head "gate keeper" to start the process of getting the letter for orchiectomy. Then I won't have to take much spiro, if any. I'm hoping to talk the V.A. into doing it, but I don't know if that will be successful. Having the orchie is supposed to help speed up development for some reason. It's obviously going to be more effective than spiro.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lingering Member
    I take 30 mg of estradiol valerate via intramuscular injection every other week, 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) twice per day (when I remember), and 6.25 mg of TestTim gel (testosterone) once per day.

Back when I was pre-op, I took spironolactone instead of testosterone...

I'd never take premarin, because I'm not a female horse, and I'm not interested in putting equilin (horse estrogen) in my body. Also, I'm against being mean to mares when we can get perfectly fine hormones from sources like yams.

I take 6mg estradiol val daily & Zolidex every 12 weeks
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

.5 to 1.5 mg estrofem per day. My goals differ from most - this is my self determined 'feel good' dose aimed at trying to stay below the breast growth level. It works, more than less, and is way cheaper than weekly therapy sessions dealing with anxiety that won't otherwise go away.

Problem is avoiding the breast growth. I have had some breast growth, and while I think its cool - I have no plans to follow through with FTL or GRS so breasts are not a practical goal at all and I'm rying to find that happy medium.

I thought Premarin worked fine, but I have stopped ordering it over the 'how can you do that to horses' aspect (I grew up in KY horse country - this is probably the least of the things they do to horses, but I digress) and the 'hard on the liver' aspect. I've ordered but not yet tried a gel . . . .

hugs,
    'lissa