Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What have you learned?

What have you learned?

What have you learned about crossdressing and transgender issues since you have been a member of the Forum? No matter how long we've been doing this, none of us have all the answers and never will. I learn something new every day. New tips, new techniques, new approaches, etc. Mostly I've learned a lot about folks and their SO's and how they do their best to deal with these issues. I also appreciate the sharing of personal experiences and feelings and the help offered to others which goes a long way sometimes with understanding. It just goes to show me that everyone is a unique individual in their own right and that there are many different approaches to the issues and I appreciate everyone for who they are.

So, have you been able to understand CD and TG issues better since coming here or has it given you more questions than answers? This is open to everyone of course.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just here to make freinds
    One thing that I have learned since logging on to this site six months ago is that there are more of us than I originally believed.

When I first starting dressing it was before the internet - so it was hard to get an idea how many of us were out there.. I grew up near NYC and at the time all a was exposed to was flamboyancy and over the top lifestyles ( not everyone is like that - I know ) - that is just not me..

I find this site to be such an unlimited learning and developing forum for us. It's funny - no matter what mood that you might be in there is alway some topic being discussed that will answer your question or sooth your your curiosity. One thing that I have noticed about this site - is that it can be moody- it kind of ebbs and flows with us..

I would say that I have learned much and it's ongoing!
    Really enjoying this!!!

I think that the most important thing that I have learned is to accept myself. Before this forum it was just me doing something weird. I have learned many things here, technical, beauty tips, clothing tips, etc but I think that just learning to appreciate the gift I have been given is at the top of the list. The greatest gift is realizing that I have a wonderful and supportive SO and have gained a great appreciation for what this means.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Love Dawn

I went to find the "softer side of Sears" and I can't find my way back

I have to agree that I knew there were some like me but not this many

Sal, compared to you I'm a new girl on this forum but in the five or so months I've been a member I've learned many good tips on makeup, shopping, and accessorising, but most of all I've learned that it takes courage to do what we do. Although I had the courage to tell my first and second wives that I enjoyed dressing before marriage, niether of them encouraged me and I carried much guilt.

It wasn't until after wife #2 passed away that I started dressing after a ten year hiatus. That's also when I joined the forum, and I'm glad I did because I've made new friends, learned that we are gaining momentum with every new member, and have gotten the courage to venture out en femme. I'm still taking baby steps, but each time Jill is accepted is a step forward. Luv and Jill

Oh my, where does one start...

Without a doubt, the top of my list has to be that I have come to realize I am not alone. All of the other information and lessons learned do not compare with the psychological relief of knowing there are so many others who share my intimate desires to dress in women's clothes and to be a woman albeit for brief moments.

Thank you everyone for allowing me to be who I am.

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette
    Last edited by PaulaJeanette; 02-29-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

Totally agree.

I totally agree with all of these posts that I am not alone. Before I found this forum I thought I was the only one and was depressed .I thought I was a freak wanting to dress in women's clothing. Now I know I'm not alone. Thanks to all who are here.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I have learned that we come form all forms of occupatiions, politics, income levels, religious beliefs and geographic regions. We are everywhere and we are not going away!!!

The greatest thing I have learned is that I did not have to stand alone with this. Others feel as I do and I can come here and feel like part of a family. While we are a very diverse group, the one thing we all can share is friendship along with the ability to pass along information. It would be a much lonelier place without this Forum.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Banned Read only
    I've learned how homophobic most of the crossdressing population is.
    I've learned far too many crosdressers accept horrible treatment in realtionships.
    I've learned that all CD's want rights and public acceptance, but a very small percentage are willing to contribute to getting them.

Well, I've just passed my third year here, I found this forum right after my first public outing. Some of the things I've learned from coming here is the mad diversity in how we perceive and present or manifest ourselves and there are a lot more of us then I thought. I was surprised to learn not everyone wanted to go out, and dismayed at some of the things we argued about, myself included but this site just keeps getting better and better and glad to be a part of it.

Lone Wolf
    This a place to find more people like myself. That I can share what I think and not be afraid of it.

Many things i would say. We are alot alike as we are different. we dress for different reasons. We are not alone. Before this site and the internet i guess most of us thought our behavour was adnormial. What has me wondering, all the people on this site that have come out, How many more are out there that are still hiding? I would be willing to bet we that have come out are a small percentage. People are all different and have different ideas, we have to accept them as they are if we expect them to accept us as we are.
    long flowing skirts

I learned that it's ok to be who I am because I have so many lovely girlfriends on this site who are very supportive.
    As I went out more and more, I learned from reading about other girls expriences learning about places go, see, and do.
    I like to share my outting experiences because, just how I was encouraged, I want give back and encourage others.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Aspiring Member
    Joining this forum has been a powerful and profound experience.
    I've learned many things. Here are a few:
    1. I am not alone. I am not the only crossdresser out there.
    2. I am not the only one who has struggled with guilt, shame
    identity and relationship issues.
    3. Crossdressing is a wonderful, exhilirating, stress-reducing, fun
    pursuit for many people from all parts of the world.

On a lighter note, I've learned that we crossdressers seem to love the computer!

Besides the fact that I was not alone, far from it, I've learned in a few years to be far more tolerant with the look of sisters. After all we all have our own styles and may have different goals behind our X-dressing activities.

I have learned from the experinece o lots of sisters and advice of many GGs.

I've become far more confident when I'm going out...

May all of you be thanked wholeheartedly for that.

Eugenie

I'm just a "sport" crossdresser, ( i'll NEVER pass, but I enjoy it )

Some of the people here are "professional" crossdressers!
    I say that as a compliment, in that you are so convincing,
    if I saw you out in public or at a bar, I would definately notice!

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I've learned that I'm not alone!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I think knowing that there are so many of us is comforting and as many have already said that finding out "I'm not alone." Now that said, I was surprised in the diversity among us and I'm not sure why (why I was surprised). No two of us seem exactly alike, so must be some multivariate spectrum going on. Bottom line, I feel more freedom to compare and contrast with you all to explore myself more. Thanks to all of you for making this exchange possible.

ChanDelle

Banned Read only
    Most important for me was seeing the intelligence and beauty in ALL the sisters here. And that the guilt and loneliness of years was a colossal waste of time.

There are actual happy and hurting and feelng and smiling and crying people out there and I'm one of them. One of many, many, many of them.

I have learned to accept myself...
    I have learned to accept others...
    And most important, I have learned that I have much more to learn about our special gift.
    No closet is big enough!

Quote Originally Posted by annekathleen View Post
    I'm just a "sport" crossdresser, ( i'll NEVER pass, but I enjoy it )

Some of the people here are "professional" crossdressers!
    I say that as a compliment, in that you are so convincing,
    if I saw you out in public or at a bar, I would definately notice!
    Annekathleen - the difference between a professional and an amateur is simply practice....

Myself, I'm surprised at just how much fear and homophobia is evident?
    Last edited by Nicki B; 02-29-2008 at 07:37 PM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Insight.

I've been here for only a few weeks but I'm starting to actually look at this part of me. I've seen a lot of ideas as to why i do this and how to accept and fully enjoy dressing. I'm also getting information on how to improve my dressing.

B

Besides all the great tips and how-to's, I've learned how many very cool people are out there, with the same love of CD'ing!I've learned to completely trash any guilt,accept myself,and have fun!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

What have I learned

For me, its coming clean with who I am. Its learning more about my wife and what she is all about(also a member). I believe that CDing has made us closer. we now share something unique and special.

And all of you have taught me how to open up and express myself. Helping me find my true femme side, and exposing it.

And as I write this, I think the list would too long to post, I have learned a lot.

So, thank you all for being there and sharing, you have make me a more open person.

( I might cry)

:luvu:
    [SIZE=2]____________________________________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Too many thing to do, to little time. Enjoy who you are,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The DH for Abigaild(GG)[/SIZE]