Thread: Leaps of Faith (Speechless)

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar

Leaps of Faith (Speechless)

OMG! Dare I think it may have finally happened? After being single again for the past 3 tears, I met someone. We had spent the past week exchanging emails - 5 and 6 page long emails.. talking on the phone and text messages. Everything is going great.. we're on the same page with everything - life philosophy and especially on spirituality... (we do oppose each other politically, but thats a small issue at this point).

So last night was our first date... you could feel the electricity! As we talked, looking into each other's eyes and holding hands... I told her about Allie.

She never blinked... she squeezed my hand and told me she was proud of me for having the courage to be me. She was not unfamiliar with the concept of crossdressing, and has a lot of GLBT friends, so I knew se was open minded. We finished our dinner on a sidewalk cafe, and went for a walk and found a park.... sat on a swing.... kissed...

we finally had to say good night, as hard as it was. I sent her some pics when I got home, and this morning she sent a very flattering email. Even thought she said she needed a little time to process it, she was "not running away, just take me slow.." An hour later I got a phone call from her and we talked for another 3 hours. It was like pillow talk (I was still in my PJs). We are already planning to see each other again.

DAMN! She's smart, sexy, pretty and very open.. I think we shared most of our secrets last night. We both agreed - or admitted - that we both felt giddy like a couple of teenagers last night.

But my point is this.. after all of the "how/when should you tell" threads on here... I wanted to tell her up front. She is a very unique lady, and I wanted, out of respect for her, to give her the choice of deciding if she could consider dating a CD or not. She understood and thanked me for the consideration.

This is all new... no telling where it will go... but sometimes those leaps of faith pay off!

WOW!

Alicia- that's great!!! good for you!

good luck with your relationship!!!

I'm so happy for you. It just shows how rewarding having faith can be. You Go Girl!

And you are so lucky.....

I Wish you both well!

A lovely story which I hope can continue.
    If you keep talking and if you can keep putting each other first there is no reason why it should not continue and even get better.
    I hope it does.
    Best wishes to you both.
    Osteph
    Osteph

Isn't PS just wonderful! Cheryl Anne's Avatar
    That's great! I hope it all works out for you.

Just so you know, it happend almost the same way for my wife and I three years ago.

Cheryl
    Married to "The Borg Queen".

Resistance was Futile!

...only by the hope we give to others do we lift ourselves out of the darkness into light.
    Dean Koontz

http://www.myspace.com/cherylannenorwood

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    My God, what a beautiful story! You are so lucky to find her, whatever you do don't let her get away!
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Alicia, no matter how this turns out, you win! Should you both decide to continue on, you both have full knowledge of who you are and are both free to discover more about each other and yourselves. If you decide to go on your separate ways, you do so by informed decision and with a clear conscience. Alicia, FWIW, I'm proud of you.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Hi Alicia , It is really great that you have found someone that you can be that comfortable with to be able to share your crossdressing with her and the best part is she is accepting of you ! I hope your relationship continues to grow as positively as it has started . I also think it is better to be open in the beginning of a relationship . Good luck ! Tomara

Former Member
    What a wonderful story. I hope everything works out for the two of you.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    That's tremendous Alicia! I hope it all goes well for you both. Keep us posted...

Hugs

Sarah...

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Just remember what she said
    just take me slow
    and you should be good to go
    Drumming, My other hobby

Thank you all.... I am still glowing. The morning after phone call was awesome. I appreciate everyone's well wishes, and hope this story will continue in a positive direction. It was just so refreshing to get that off my chest early on, and have such a positive response.

These lessons in faith have been a mainstay for me over the past few years... believe.... we are not alone.

This is so good to hear and hopefully others will take your lead and be honest and upfront.

Just remember do take it slow with her. Best of luck to both of you
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Well you go girl. Congrats on finding such a nice girl. And I wish you all the good things in you new relashionship.
    Angie

Well done and I for one am proud of you! It is such a scary thing to risk friendship and more by sharing this, but when it comes to a relationship I think it's the right thing to do.

Aspiring Member
    ...so when do we get to meet her?

Just kidding, you better keep her under wraps. There might be a few flights to Atlanta if word got out that there was a single woman that didn't run away at the mention of crossdressing!

Glad your decision turned out so well. Keep us posted!

Shannen

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia_lynn419 View Post
    Thank you all.... I am still glowing. The morning after phone call was awesome. I appreciate everyone's well wishes, and hope this story will continue in a positive direction. It was just so refreshing to get that off my chest early on, and have such a positive response.

These lessons in faith have been a mainstay for me over the past few years... believe.... we are not alone.
    Alicia.......You are so right! We are never "alone." And on this Forum that is even more true.

As a living example of "telling it early," I applaud you for doing so. I firmly believe that telling your SO before marriage is the safest way to have a long, happy marriage. I told my wife when I asked her to marry me, we wore matching white silk lingerie to our wedding, and our marriage lasted for 49+ years until she passed away 3 years ago. She fully supported me the whole time!

As others have said, take it slow, and above all be honest about everything and COMMUNICATE. Tell how you feel, and what you like to wear. If you sense that she doesn't like something, talk about it. But don't push!

My prayers will be with you.

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

P.S. BTW, I live in Alpharetta!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 07-26-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Add a P.S.

Here's looking at you kid!

Hi Alicia_lynn.
    A wonderful romantic story . I know we all wish you the best on this new journey, relationships that are built on honesty cannot crumble by hidden secrets & misrepresentations. I for one am very proud as I'm sure all of us are. Thanks so much for sharing and wishing you the best....lacie

Well Alicia...it's all been said. I hope the best and your dreams come true.............

You are all so kind... its a little scary, and it's early still, but to let someone in, early, giving her that choice to run or stay... my God, it felt so good to do what I knew was right! And she is a really great kisser! hehehe

Love to all!

Alicia, this is a really nice story.I'm very happy for your happiness!It does take a lot of balls to get right to the point of what will be a major discloser eventually.You can only build from this base!Here's to the both of you!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Great story .... I hope it continues to go well for you.

That is really GREAT!!! There are people out there for us. It sounds to me that you have found that special someone. I hope it goes well for you. Do be carefyl though and I am not trying to ruin anything, but sometimes a GG will get with you to see if she can change you back to full time male, and if she can't then you both feel like failures, please do not let this happen to you.

May GOD be with both of you and you both have a wonderful life together.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Leap of Faith

Hi Alicia, I'm soooooo very happy for you!!!!! From reading your responses you my dear are overflowing with joy and you should .
    I wish you the best.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"