Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do we doin for a living?

What do we doin for a living?

What do we all do for a living and do you go to work "dressed"?

Do people employ CD's or are the "funny" about it?

These questions were floating around in my head last night so i thought i'd ask

work for myself

I own my own electronics design biz building computer related gadgets for professional Powerpoint users.

I never dressed when I worked for others but after being"downsized" out of a company after 15 yrs. I started my own and now I sell back to the people who fired me.

Now I dress as the mood strikes when in the shop, but I NEVER wear any delicate knit outfits and they burn and pick too easily.

I have a TS friend who may start working with me so no, I have no problems with it (naturally)

I have seen that many, many TGs of all types frequently have heavy stress and detail oriented jobs. This may be evidence of the benefit of CDing as a stress releiver.

IMO

Christine

I am a Paramedic and was a firefighter for 6 years.
    It's a Jeep thing, you would not understand!!

Software Engineer. Our company does have a policy that would allow a ATG person to work here. We do have a lesbian working here. She has been her for almost 15 years. There have been many times when we have had clients inhouse that she has been mistaken as a man, at first glance.

Dear Lou,
    [QUOTE=xxlouxx;1213527]What do we all do for a living and do you go to work "dressed"?
    i drive a great big bus/motorcoach and sometmes a small Ford Excursion and every size vehicle in between. giving tours in the summer, interpreting yellowstone and grand teton national parks. the gf drivers dress thesame way the gms do, even the cowboy work boots are the same though nice fem western boots are a joy to see and touch and wear.
    definity out here in the wild west, a cd would not be hired, unless of course, its done on his or her own time. i fanticize of driving en femme. projecting my speaking voice or singing while dressed? brrrrrr. could take some time.

hope this helps
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

I think we here in the UK have the most hang-ups when it comes to being dressed at work. I had a manicure - a male type one - because I make presentations to company boards etc, and need decent looking hands. Sure enough I got comments about being gay - not that I have an issue with that, but most of the males I meet seem to enjoy being overweight, fat and smelly!
    I work from home, so if I get the chance, I dress!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

hey there

im selfemployed and no a dnt cd at work that is that i dnt wear anything that anyone eles can see.

Hi
    I'm a plumber so am unable to dress at work although I sometimes underdress.
    When I've got paperwork to do at home I always dress as an office girl.
    Barbara

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Software Engineer.
    I work on a contract basis, so CDing would cut me out of a lot of jobs.
    I'm looking to direct hire.
    I could interview Enfemme, and work out the gender of my Resume and correspond with my References about the matter (most would be fine with it), but I can't afford the financial jeopardy of losing out on half or more of my prospects at this time.

So its EnHomme Bob, the workin' guy for the forseeable....

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Aspiring Member
    I went to Medical School.
    I work in Primary Care Medicine.

I'm a carpenter doing mostly residential framing. I am always dressed in women's clothing, so yes I dress at work. They aren't feminine looking so never get ridiculed or anything. Most of what I wear is Hanes Her Way tops, sweats, shorts, and hoddies. And a sports bra everyday along with usually cotton breif style panties for comfort, coolness, and keeping the boys in place, don't need them falling out all the time and having to make adjustments can be a major pain in the butt.

i own and run a restaurant and have dressed on very special occasions like halloween and mardi gras.
    there are some restaurants in nyc where all the staff is gender challenged.
    this is a rural area where i thinks i would loose too many customers dressing all the time.
    as to employing a tg or crossdresser i would tend to not doing it but it would also depend on the specific situation.
    i just can not afford beeing classified as a gay joint.

I own a construction co, wish lisalove worked for us.

I am on an early retirement plan.

I work as a volunteer in a large "Non discrimination" Organization...

Even though I don't participate "en femme" to meetings of that organization, I have made several coming out to members of that organization and all have accepted very well... I would have been bad if members of a "Non discrimination" Organization would have reacted negatively...

The only reason I don't go "en femme" to the meetings is that I have been elected as a man... It would be cheating upon my constituency to participate to the meetings while "en femme".

Eugenie

I'm a retired carpenter/ structural maintenance mechanic/ truck driver. Occasionally I would go to work underdressed but if any of my co workers ever found out I probably would have ended up as part of the building foundation. Now that I'm retired I have unlimited time to do what I love best Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    Dissablity and I always ware my cloths duh :P

keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

I'm a tour guide. To begin with, my eye brows are ploucked, my hair long as well as my nails which are polishedand I always wear mascara on my upper lashes. I also wear perfume at all times. As far as clothing, I'm underdressed including knee highs under the woman's boots I wear. The other day I didn't have to wear my usual get up so I wore a blouse, woman's jeans, and a woman's vest. I was complemented on how I looked. Even in "Charlie" mode, I have been adressed as Ma'am.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I work for a large corporation as a software engineer. I could in theory work enfemme due to their diversity stance on transgendered and gay workers. To them diversity is an advantage and an edge over the competition. And it is more important how you do your job than who or what you are.

Even though this is the company's stance, I don't dress enfemme at work.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I'm currently working as a repair tech for a computer company. Technically I could dress at work but I'd rather just start fresh. I'm looking to begin cosmetology school soon though, and in most places we're pretty accepted in that field. I'm starting hormones this week though so if they don't know already, I guess my body will rat me out sooner or later lol.

Well, I'm retired but work part time for my former company sometimes training new people. I'm all business when I do that and what I'm wearing is the last thing on my mind not to mention they have a lot of respect for me and probably would not take me seriously if I went in there wearing a dress. Unless one is self employed, I seriously doubt if many crossdressers have high profile, high paying jobs working en femme. Doesn't make any sense to me to want to do that just so one can dress at work. I do know of exceptions to that but not as a rule. Depends on how bad you want to do it I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am a dump truck driver. Do I dress for work? Yes I underderess alot. On at least 4 occasions I have dressed up in a skirt, blouse and heels and drove all over the place.

Hmmmmm. Think a skirt would be noticed if I wore one, working from a bucket truck ?

Patricia

What do we doin for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by xxlouxx View Post
    What do we all do for a living and do you go to work "dressed"?

These questions were floating around in my head last night so i thought i'd ask
    Seems a lot of CDs are professional people but the wide range of jobs is obvious. This shows just how widespread we are in society.

I am a translator, mostly technical stuff.

I could not go to work dressed.

I realy cannot imagine a company employing a CD unless it was some kind of bar or these restaurant. That people are funny about ti would seem to be an understatement in terms of the work place. However, outside of the work place there seems to be far less resistance and a lot of acceptance.

Patricia
    Patricia, the hard core CD

A woman in the making.... aliciatv1's Avatar
    I own a restaurant, and do not work dressed.

Alicia
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm an electrical engineer. I do not dress at work.