Thread: Dorothy's Dre$$

Dorothy's Dre$$

Garland's dress fetches £140,000

A blue and white gingham dress worn by Judy Garland in The Wizard Of Oz has fetched £140,000 ($266,000) at an auction in London. The dress, which was purchased by an unnamed phone buyer, had been expected to fetch £35,000.

Custom-made for 17-year-old Garland in 1939, the frock has a 27-inch waist and her name sewn on the inside hem.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4488517.stm

Would you buy it? Or would you go for something else if it were availible?

As for your's truly - I'd love to get ahold of the yellow sundress and pumps Kim Bassinger wore in the last scene of "LA Confidential." She's giving up her life as a high priced call girl and returning to her hometown in Arizona to open up a dress shop - with Russel Crow no less.

Of course I'd take the other $250,000 and head over to Victoria's Secret.

~Sigrid

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

StephanieCD
    You caught me... and my little dog, too. I just HAD to have it.

Ok, so I can't afford a soda right now... but it I could

Dorthy's Dress

I have always admired Dorthy's dress, but for 266,000' I think that I could have a replica made and still have some money to buy the shoes also. For that price you would think Dorthy should come with it.

Rikki