Thread: Have You Ever......

been addressed as miss, mrs, madam etc in male mode?
    Last edited by Vicky_Scot; 03-07-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Quite often, I have past my sholder length hair and ear rings, maybe thats why.
    Mikecd

PS I don't mind either

Actually yes, twice this past week. I work as a Paramedic and two different dementia patients called me ma'am.
    It's a Jeep thing, you would not understand!!

Yes it seems to happen quite often. The strange part is I would probably be made when out en femm

I have often been called "mam" on the phone and also a few time when speaking to someone before the person looked at me... In general they are far more ambarassed than I am when the realize that I'm not a woman...

Eugenie

Yep, long before I ever attempted dressing in public or wearing skirts and sarongs while in male mode. Sometimes it occurs if people address me from behind but it has happened to my face as well. Once I was kissing my ex-wife in public and two men started hooting and wolf whistling so we turned to look at them and they both blushed and walked away quickly and one was like "I'm sorry I thought it was two girls kissing."

On the phone

I've been mistaken for a woman on the phone a number of times. whats funny is sometimes they never catch on. Most of the time I don't care.

Yes years ago at K-mart from behind I had real long hair at the time
    Angie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yep! ... I remember two instances that it's happened:

The first was in our local supermarket. Marla and I were waiting at the end of a long line at the checkout. Not all of the registers were open. We were just starting to wonder how long we would have to wait when a voice from behind us said “if you two ladies would like to come with me, I can serve you here”. They had opened another register and we were being called over. When this happened I froze. “surely they can’t be referring to me I thought” “Come on, that’s us” Marla said. I had been mistaken for a woman, as seen from the back. What was even weirder to me was that I have very little hair and what I do have is cropped really short, OK I was wearing a baseball cap, but the checker mistook me for a woman. I can only assume I was obscured from her view and she identified me from only the size of my body (which is little), what I was wearing, (fairly girly clothes) and my shaved legs and sandals. When we walked over to the checker I could tell she knew her mistake but she didn’t say a thing, she acted as though nothing had happened.

The second time we were shopping for some home improvement products at Home Dept. I was wearing a fairly girly pale baby blue t-shirt, women’s tight fitting boot cut jeans and women’s white tennis shoes that had pale baby blue trim on them. We were looking at paint brushes and a woman behind us was struggling to get passed with her cart. She said "excuse me ladies". I turned around to look at her and she exclaimed to Marla "oh sorry, but it was his shoes!". I guess she was looking down because from the back I didn’t look that girly.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yes, I have a few times. Since I am small and move very quietly a lot of sales clerks will say hello ma'am and then look up with a shocked look on their faces as they try to apologize!

I like it

Just A Girl Next Door
    When I was a teen, it happened quite a few times. I had long hair, and a fairly high voice, I guess. But it was the late 70s and a lot of guys had long hair. Whenever it happened, I did not like it at all.

Now that I'm older, forget it. I have to do all I can to try to pass and still worry it's not enough!

Sometimes I get junk snail mail (loan offers etc) addressing me as Miss <my complicated foreigner name> I feel a pleasant tinge when that happens.

Lucid

Crazy Lady
    When I was younger, quite often. I knew it was time to get a haircut when the waitress would call me ma'am. I also would get called Ma'am over the phone occasionally.

Dee

yes, yes, yes, and nothing makes my day more than that. Although I don't have a true male mode, my normal attire is fairly androgynous. Maybe it's my long hair or my natural 40C breasts but nothing makes me feel better than being called miss or maam. Being called sir is what really bothers me, it leaves a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Not yet, but maybe soon.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I wish! maybe someday soon!

Yes, this happens to me regularly when I am on the phone with someone, esp. if it is with a customer service type person. I don't know why as I use my regular voice.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

A couple times when I was young, mostly as a result of long hair and light facial hair I think.

Now only by my 4 year old, she says...Daddy you are a girl you have long hair. ha ha hah ah ...makes me smile.

Mistaken,

Yes most recently again because of the longer and girly hair and always from the back... on the phone? yes often.

Yes... too often.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

A few times. I know it is because of my hair. It is long and I usually wear it up in a high pony tail. I sometimes have a scrunchy in it as well even if it is out of fashion. The best time was last summer when my wife and I were entering a national park using are annual pass. When we got to the park ranger station I handed him our pass ( I was the driver ) and my drivers license to verify we were the right people for the pass. I had my hair done up high with a scrunchy. He looked at me and then at my drivers license and asked 'Is this person on the license in the car?' I think I blushed a little but said that I was the one on the license. He mumbled something about pictures don't look like what we really look like and let us pass. It always makes me feel great when I've been mammed even if I don't really look very much like one.

Yep! Once or twice a week. Long hair, earrings, long polished nails, plucked eyebrows, ect.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Yes, often. At the supermarket, resturants. In fact a new neighbor called to me one day "excuse me miss, you dropped something." When I went back to pick it up he was terribly embarassed. I told him not to worry about it.

Keep in mind it is not just how you look that determines how people see you but also how you move, smell and "vibe." Vibe is often overlooked I feel when the subject of passing is discussed.