Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One earring is a bit 'naff' face it.

One earring is a bit 'naff' face it.

Not sure what section to put this in. Maybe it's body issues or clothing? But it is sort of a CD issue if you think of other things you might do that just don't fit an average lifestyle but you do them as a disguised CD thing carrying it off as a bit 'trendy' or free thinking.

I had both ears pierced 2 years ago and that was a BIG issue to me with lots of paranoia and drama about what people would think etc. Well now I still have two pierced ears but I only wear one earring during the day in the left ear.

I'm a middle aged guy, whether I like it or not, so I keep thinking how other people might see it. I little bit of me wants to be a bit 'dangerous' and 'on the edge' but another bit of me thinks "well you saddo middle aged git". FFS grow up!

A guy at work asked me why I had my ear pierced and I said "Cos I didn't do it at 18". And in some ways that's the truth.

But a bit of me thinks, "Oh god grow up! You look stupid like a 60 year old guy in leather trousers."

One earring in a middle aged guy is a bit naff?
    Discuss etc.

Banned Read only
    Yeah, you're right! Just don't show 'em your nipple rings.

American Trans Person

Fifty eight here and doubles, going on two years. So far only two negative responses. Look I go out fully dressed, you really think that you can get to me, by telling me you don't like my pierced ears ? I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Fifty eight here and doubles, going on two years. So far only two negative responses. Look I go out fully dressed, you really think that you can get to me, by telling me you don't like my pierced ears ? I say.

I know but does it look a bit saddo in drab?

I supposed the 3" hoops might be a little much. A Stud especially in just one ear is no big deal, no matter how drab you are.
    You can tell always them you're going through your mid-life crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    Not at all. It seems more of an attitude of "been there, done that, now its for me" which is always refreshing to see.

The one earring thing is overdone, its time to step it up to two!
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Saddo ? Websters says's that it's someone who spends the we hours surfing the Internet. Uh....yeah that would be me. But how does that apply to how I look ? Even my family hasn't asked my about them.

Wow! With 6,063 posts <Double WOW!> you should know if its "'Naff".
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    I say no. Arm band on the left bicep, jack boots, and a daddy cap, mmm, probably so.

I don't think that piercing left, right, or both ears means anything special these days. I would think it would matter more what kind of earrings you wear. There's a fairly small range of earring types that a straight male would wear. I would think metal studs, captive bead rings, and clear diamonds (or simulated diamonds) wouldn't raise eyebrows much of anywhere. Branch out from there and you'll have people wondering if you're an artist or other type of deviant.
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Saddo ? Websters says's that it's someone who spends the we hours surfing the Internet....
    Oops! I was thinking it meant something else.

... Never mind...
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia Kiss View Post
    other type of deviant.

That would be me. LoL

i don't think a earring in either ear means anything anymore. I do the same thing wear one only . And it depends on my mood which ear i'll wear it in. i caught a little flack at work over it, they tried to tell me i could not wear them when i first got them done. My reply was if i can't wear them that means everyone in the company can't wear them including the ofiice girls, are you willing to go there? that more or less stopped it, except for a few smart a** remarks. Now a few years later no one says anything.
    long flowing skirts

Have to agree with you Julie. I have both ears pierced but wear only the one earring when in drab. Somehow, wearing rings on both or a ring in one and a stud in the other tends to raise too many unwanted questions, explicit or otherwise.

I have both ears pierced, I wear studs in both ears when in male mode.........not had anyone question why.

Maybe I have just been lucky.

But what has it got to do with anyone else wether you have both ears pierced and wear earing all the time.................nothing.

Xx Vicky xX

I'm a 60+ year old guy with shoulder length hair, two earrings worn 24/7 *and* I sometimes wear leather trousers in guy mode.

F*** 'em, I say.

Banned Read only
    Just one little gold earring does look a bit naff so why not go for just the one drop earring? Something like this but just the one! Cancun%20-%20Murano%20Glass%20Beads%20Drop%20Earrings[1].jpg

You could start a whole new trend, in fact this could be the long sought after "recognition signal" for crossdressers.

I just had my secound piercing done the other day. I have two 5mm crystal diamond earrings, one in each ear. No one has said anything and if they do I will tell them to mind ther own f****** business. I earrings and the prettier the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Hi Julie, Playing tennis the other day in open time , a women I was paried with said to me, I don't play with anyone who has bigger diamond studs then me, so she ck both out. We had a very nice doubles match. Josephine

Hey, Julie. You know what? With trends the way they are anymore, you can pierce just about anything and get away with it. And why should pierced ears just be a lady's realm? Why should they get all the fun, especially when half the world today is all darted up and full of tatoos?

I remember when you pierced them. I say wear 'em as well. I don't think it looks odd at all, and I seriously doubt it calls any undo attention to you. Go for it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I'm 57. I had mine pierced almost 2 years ago. I wear 5/8" hoops 24/7 without a word said. I work in the tourism biz so I meet just about every kind from kids to Bozos and nothing. My hair is half way down my back, my nails long and polished and I also wear mascara at all times. Yeah, I get a look occasionally, but nothing except twice a child has commented on how longmy nails are. I say wear both earrings! Proudly!
    Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

traditions have seemed to go every which way, and, while i love heritage and ethnic identity and cultural expression, we may be on the leading edge of the new flexible norm!
    for example, when i moved west, i was advised that a ring or cuff in or on the left ear while west of the mississippi meant you were straight but, watch out, east of the big muddy it was the opposite! now it seems there's no ear "code" of any kind.
    up here in the mountains, any ear jewelry on a guy is suspicious tho one tough bus driver i work with has studs and no one questions his orientation. even so, the circles i hang with are so conservative, i gave up the cuff in the late '80s to avoid confrotation, even as a climbing mate has characters for the i ching tatooed on his wrist so he can cover it with a watch when in banker mode. a lost of closet Buddhists out here. besides other closets! how many more might there be? as cultural stereotypes relax, more rings may show more social brinksmanship revealing more sisters. or the hint they potentially may be! stranger things have happened in the west politically recently.
    there are just so many people now expressing so much diversity and trends change so quickly, it probably doesn't matter unless your personal circles make your life unbearable. i have no idea what's considered normal for a guy on your side of the pond, but its getting way permissive, generally, over here.
    "old?" you're younger than i am! and i feel very spritely!
    of course, jessie is younger than jesse.
    all my best wishes, girlfriend.
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

I both ears pierced and wear erring in each ear 24/7 - for the last couple of years

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    If you wear it from your heart, it is you. Behold and marvel ! No apologies necessary.

If you are "trying to be cool", it is a sham at any age.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    If you wear it from your heart, it is you. Behold and marvel ! No apologies necessary.

If you are "trying to be cool", it is a sham at any age.

Roberta
    Exactly !

I am looking having mine pierced soon. I'm not sure what the word is on the streets these days about it. Two ears pierced meant you were bisexual.
    Back in the early 90's on gal I dated was savvy to all this and she said regarding earrings on guys..."Right is wrong and left is right".
    Myself, if I had one ear pierced, I'd feel off balance.
    Could someone out there get me hip to what's going on these days regarding ear piercing?