Thread: New Orleans Fun?

Helvira

New Orleans Fun?

Planning a trip to New Orleans the week of May 10th...I am looking forward to dressing up, going out, having FUN!!! Has anyone had any experiences to share, or advice for one who has never been to this supposedly wonderful town? Thanks, Helly.

Check a thread from last week that had some good advice. New Orleans is a one of a kind place, great food, great music, unique experience. it can also be dangerous if you are on your own. Piles of tourists, lots of nerdy conventioners gauking. Lots of very good pro trannies. Don't get drunk outside of your hotel. enjoy. wenda.

JoannaDees
    Yes, be VERY careful. When I was there, a tourist was mugged and shot on the next street, and it is a common occurence. As far as TG, I think it might be OK. There seemed to be lot's of gay people. I was called gay myself, I think because of the purse and tight, low-rise jeans. I was also alone, waiting for my wife to show up from NYC. All that aside, it was a fun place, even in the off season.

New Orleans, uh huh

It's a great place to visit. If you ever plan to go during mardi gras, be sure to pack an umbrella. Have fun and try to bring back some pics, please.

Tara