Thread: Vacation Ideas

Vacation Ideas

Hello all, does anyone out there know of any vacation destinations that are CD friendly? My s.o. and I are planning a vacation in November and we would like Sascha to be able to come along too. We're from Texas and would be wanting to vacation somewhere around the state or at least near it for our first vacation together. Any information would be helpful, no matter what the destination is. Thanks a bunch and look forward to hearing back.

Ashley

Sorry I can't help you with finding anywhere near you. The only place where I have seen cd's out in the open, and many looking very much like a man in a dress, is Key West Florida. There were many gays kissing and holding hands in public and a number of cd's around town. I was in drab myself and didn't talk to any of them, but it looked like everyone was having a good time. It is an expensive place to visit. Some of our Florida sisters could tell you more about it.

Pamela

vacation spot

I know you said you want a spot around the state I assume you mean Texas but every year for past 7 years have gone to pigeion forge Tennessee
    you can rent chalets with hottubs where you can dress and go outside and take pictures with terrefic scenery dirve through mountains and stop for more pictures next to streams and waterfalls then go shopping at 100's of stores .I never had one problem thats why i keep going back each year..

why dont you look at what i think is called be-all in provincetown mass.it is THE perfect cd vacation. sorry...its called fall fantasia look at out and about thread
    Last edited by harmony; 03-25-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: correct info

Really you can vacation where ever you choose and not get hassled. Texas has some of the most CD friendly cities, Houston being at the top of my list, I've gone out dressed there once before and will do it again when I get back that way, Dallas has hosted TG events, and just plugging in "transgender Galveston" pulled up a list of CD friendly places to stay. My wife and I are planning on going to Key West next month because that's where I was born and raised but haven't been there in almost 30 years and she wants to see it.

Let us know what you decide

As long as you conduct and present yourself appropriately, pretty much any vacation spot can be CD friendly.
    Best wishes on your travels.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Vacation

Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions !

Hi Ashley,

As a resident of East TN, I can tell you that Pigeon Forge as Sherry suggested, is a great place to visit. Asheville NC is another great place.

Perhaps you could also consider Atlanta....very TG friendly and lots to do.

Have a great time!
    Krissy

The vacation your looking for is in the San Fransisco Bay area. TGCD Friendly from A - Z. A short hop on Southwest to San Jose and your there.

XXX
    Megan
    Loving the Lace!

One of our members lives in Houston and is a travel agent. She and wife have taken many curises where she was dressed the whole time.

I live in Houston myself, and have never really had any issues about being out and about here.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    there used to be a place in the pocconose area of Pennsylvania, or maybe it was upper New York that catered to CD's,

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Boston is a very TG friendly town, and definitely a tourist destination full of museums and historical landmarks. You should be able to go out day and night in Boston trans. There are also plenty of trans friendly restaurants and bars in and around town, I've been to many of the as "Caroline", and of course my friends The SISTERS of Boston meet every Friday night and go out on the town clubbing, if your into that sort of thing. If you've never been to Boston, you might want to check it out. Have fun.

Oh, on edit, you might also want to visit Salem MA, if your planning a trip out here. I have several friends in that area and can recommend several hotels where you can stay that are very trans friendly as well as restaurants and malls I've been to. It's close to where the First Event Conference was held this year. Also if your going in the fall, it's close to Halloween, and no one would bat an eye if you were dressed trans (tho Salem MA is VERY crowded around Halloween, so plan accordingly).
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 03-26-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Fantasia Fair is held October 19 - 26, 2008 in Provincetown, Massachusetts.

http://fantasiafair.org/
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyo99 View Post
    Hello all, does anyone out there know of any vacation destinations that are CD friendly?
    I've been to Montreal in Quebec (Canada). The athmosphere seems to be quite CD friendly... I didn't try going out (at that time I had not yet done it...) Next time I'm there I will definitely do...

Frinds in another CD forum have confirmed my impression. Montreal is indeed CD friendly, well like every where, there are quarters of Montreal that one is better off avoiding...

By the way the area is beautiful, the food is great...

One little problem though: November is already pretty cold there... Better bring some warm clothes...

Eugenie

denver co is nice place thay have a makeup shop in denver

Eastern Tennessee

Wow! A couple different ladies have said that Eastern Tennessee is a great place for a CD vacation. The wife & I were there fall of 2007, and I told her about my CD immediately after we got back home; wrapping up the vacation. I missed out on a great opportunity!! In any case, we spent a lot of time in & around Knoxville & of course the great smokies.

I LOVE Eastern Tennessee, I am considering relocating there, actually. But it surprises me that this is called out explicitly as a CD friendly place to be. Knoxville is nice, but as a whole the area is quite rural. Talking with locals, some did not have electricity until the 60s. The international airport could not serve alcohol until the very recent past, it was located in a dry county... you get the point.

Can anyone elaborate on their CD experiences in this area? The topic fascinates me, naturally.

BTW.... the wife & I will be returning again to Eastern Tennessee. Probably in July or August. We will spend some time around Knoxville / Oak Ridge again, but also Chattanooga as we weigh our relocation options.
    I know she must be kind.
    When I look in her eyes,
    she goes with me to a blossom world...
    I'm pickin' up good vibrations.
    She's giving me excitations.
    Gotta keep those lovin' good
    vibrations a happenin' with her.
    - B. Wilson & M. Love -

Hey, no one mentioned San Francisco!

This coming December to January I will take a road trip to see California, if I'm still working my current job! Can't wait to see Hollywood, Disneyland, LA, SF, maybe San Diego too? Might stop by Las Vegas along the way. But I actually hate driving long distances, and I wonder whether I should use my 42.5 mpg HX or my 23 mpg Grand Caravan Sport ( has cruise control ).

Careful I bite <3
    Just to hijack this thread a little bit...anyone care to share how they decide what vacation places are TG friendly?

Duval Street on Key West would be a great spot. Many places to have a blast and everyone is welcomed. I even took my family to a Drag show at a place called 801 Bourbon St. We had a ball. Throughout the whole show I wished I was dressed. They even have a Transgendered night. I couldn't help but think this would be the perfect spot to have a week or weekend for cder's. Why not, Disney has there week when all the gays are there. They look like they are having a great time. If we can get together and pick a week in Key West, maybe we could start something big.

Chicago has a good group of CD's. They have an outing every month for dinner and dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyo99 View Post
    Hello all, does anyone out there know of any vacation destinations that are CD friendly? My s.o. and I are planning a vacation in November and we would like Sascha to be able to come along too. We're from Texas and would be wanting to vacation somewhere around the state or at least near it for our first vacation together. Any information would be helpful, no matter what the destination is. Thanks a bunch and look forward to hearing back.

Ashley
    Definitely check out a Dignity Cruise with lovely Melanie and her wonderful spouse Peggy. Melanie is a member on this site. Their website for their very CD friendly cruises is http://www.pmpub.com/

I went on a Dignity Cruise back in 2005. LOVED IT!!!! I spent 2 weeks en femme cruising from Rome, Italy to Galveston TX. Amazing! They have both short and long cruises. All over the world.....check it out!

Good Luck,
    Michelle

CD Vacation

Depending what part of Texas you live in, try New Orleans, La. I have not been out dressed there, but it is very different than other places. I have seen CD's from mild to wild and been very envious. Maybe I will get up the nerve and try it on Mardi Gras. Just remember, stay around a lot of people as it is still not too cozy in some places. The Quarter is pretty much anything goes(within certain bounds) and there are many shops there. Good luck and have a great time.

vacation

Hi all. Funny this subject came up. I was thinking about this all week. Call me crazy if you like. If we get enough people to put in $500 or $1000 we can buy our own place. I am from Canada and have spent three winters in south Texas, Rio Grande Valley. You can buy a nice mobile furnished for $25.000 and up, lot rent about $300 per month. or a nice 1500 to 1800 sq ft home in McAllen for 125.000. I played golf each morning wearing a skirt and was usually at the 8th hole before anyone else showed up. Corpus Christie is also a nice place with nice beaches. We could get a place with a sechluded back yard for sun bathing dressed any way you like. We could charge a small fee for the use of the place to pay the bills, need some one retired to get involved who has time to look after this from here on in. Anyone interested in this concept lets here from you. Bobbie Anne
    Last edited by bobbie anne; 03-28-2008 at 05:26 AM.