Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever get stopped by the police while dressed?

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Question Did you ever get stopped by the police while dressed?

Here is a rare thing that happens to some of us, myself included. Did you ever get pulled over by the police while dressed for a minor traffic violation. How did you handle it, especially showing them your male license?
    I was pulled over TWICE, once by a sheriff deputy on an expressway for some minor lane change malefaction, and anther time by NY State Troopers
    (2 of them in an SUV) who stopped me within city limits after coming home from a club. They gave me a breathalyser test and a sidewalk field sobriety test with walking the line, head back, the whole bit. I passed.
    In both cases when showing them my license and being upfront to neutralize the situation I'd say "That's me I'm a crossdresser"
    And in both cases not a word was brought up about it, they figured it was not the issue at all, the traffic stop was. They were really cool. In the sixties you would have been handcuffed and brought to jail for impersonating a member of the opposite sex.
    I have a friend who was in 2 minor fender benders and the cop said to him, I don't give a damn what you do,or how you're dressed just give your license and registration so I can complete the accident report.
    Any stories out there?

Not yet Megan but I did come close once. It was the first time I went to Boston Belles (my local support group). I was driving home when I saw blue flashing lights in my mirror and headlights flashing. I slowed down and was about to stop but they overtook me and were obviously after someone else. At the time I really thought they were going to stop me and my heart was pounding about how I was going to explain things.

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Never had that happen, but one evening I was leaving a 7-11 and a county cop held the door for me on the way out and I said thank you very much Sir, and he replied your welcome Miss never missing a beat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

unless i stay cool and do everything perfectly right and everybody else does as well,
    driving for the first time will be the ultimate fright for me because
    i know the slightest thing like a burnt out bulb or a swerve gives our public servants in blue, brown or whatnot the lead to check us for other more serious things. not for CDing!
    but,
    my SO really is S.O. for Sheriff's Office dispatch.
    things could get real hot really quickly.
    woo boy.
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

Drove through a police checkpoint once with another CD and our SO's. The officer poked his head through the window and said, "Have a nice evening, ladies" and sent us on our way. <whew>
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

On Dec 26 I made a right turn on red. When I heard the siren I pulled over to let the police car by but instead he stopped behind me. I gave him my license and he asked "Are you (male Name)?" I said yes and that was that.That corner does not have rt turn on red.
    Since I hadn't cut anyone off or anything he let me go in the spirit of the season. I guess that's the short version.

i remember one time on long island(ny).driving home from a cd event i got stopped by a county cop who must have been bored -he had,as it turned out later no reason to do so.anyway-he tried to tell me it was either me giving him a bj or going to jail.
    i then mentioned the names of a few people i know and he took off with a sour face.

Being Stopped

I have never been pulled over but once I met a GG at an Olive Garden for desert and we were standing in the parking lot talking afterwards and a cop walks up and says "are you ladies doing OK?" The gal friend said everything was OK and he walked on, didn't bat an eye. I must have passed the test.

well once i was meeting someone off of CL and it turned out the gurl I had been talking to was a former roommate of the people living there. I guess they had a falling out and he was posting that people should come by. So when I went the cops had just pulled up. Another gurl had just been there and the residants had called PD and I guess I showed up just in time to get caught.
    SO there I am, boots, skirt, falsies in a bikini top, wrapped up in my coat in front of the residents and the PD.

They didn't do anything, just told me not to come back to that house (as if I would even go in that neighborhood again).

I was stopped by the police, State Patrol as it is called in Washington, and the officer didn't even bat an eye when he looked at my driver's license. I was dressed totally en femme. He stopped me because the car I was driving had a headlight out. It was not my car, but luckily I knew right where the registration and insurance information were kept.
    He was very nice, and I remained pretty calm throughout the experience.
    warmly, Linnea

I have been stopped once for going straight in a left hand turn lane. Silly me. The cop gave me a ticket and that was that. I got hassled once leaving a club in Denver We were walking up the street and the cop, detective, asked to see me ID I told him that I was a CD and was just going home he let me go after a few nasty comments. He was just an A hole
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have been pulled over 3 times!

1. for turning into a park at night! I need to turn around because I missed my turn. This was the early years and near Halloween, I got nervous and removed my wig the officers where nice checked my information and sent me on my way.

2. More recently, my car had a tail light that kept falling out of the socket, the sheriff deputy pulled me over again late night! Checked my information and sent me on my way.

3. Just recently, my cars headlight was out! again late night. same routine given a fix it ticket was too embarrassed to go to that station so I went to another one after I got it fixed and still ended up going to the station and was asked to join there basketball team!

What I have learned in my tickets is not to be out driving between 12am and 3am! and make sure if you do you do not have any warrents!

no worries

I got stopped a few years ago for speeding. I thought I'm for it now - and in addition my car is licensed to the company I work for - If they should get to hear of what I get up to on my country visits they might not be too pleased.

The officer asked for my driving license and wrote me out a ticket. No comments or anything. God bless the WA Police !

PS:
    WA = Western Australia, not Wisconsin !

Smile

I had an expieriance 4 years ago. I was going to a meeting in St. Louis of a group I belonged to at the time. It was a two and a half hour drive. Well, I was dressed al pretty, althought I don't pass real well. I was late and was stopped by an Illinois State police officer. My heart sank all the way down to you know where, when the lights came on. He walked up to the car and ask me for all the paperwork and just sorta looked me over. I told him I was driving a little fast because I was late for a meeting. Well if the my looks didn't give it away the voice did. I thought this is going to be fun. He said just a minute and walked back to his car. He came back and said everything was in order and that he was going to just warn me. Then he started asking about how to get in touch with this group about joining, boy was I blown away. So I gave him the web site, He said thanks for the info and said drive safe and enjoy your evening. You talk about a surprise. Reba Kay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes Iwas leving a club in West Hollywood Ca. when a L.A.Deputy Sheriff stoped me for no brake light and he just gave me a fixet ticket

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba Kay View Post
    I had an expieriance 4 years ago. I was going to a meeting in St. Louis of a group I belonged to at the time. It was a two and a half hour drive. Well, I was dressed al pretty, althought I don't pass real well. I was late and was stopped by an Illinois State police officer. My heart sank all the way down to you know where, when the lights came on. He walked up to the car and ask me for all the paperwork and just sorta looked me over. I told him I was driving a little fast because I was late for a meeting. Well if the my looks didn't give it away the voice did. I thought this is going to be fun. He said just a minute and walked back to his car. He came back and said everything was in order and that he was going to just warn me. Then he started asking about how to get in touch with this group about joining, boy was I blown away. So I gave him the web site, He said thanks for the info and said drive safe and enjoy your evening. You talk about a surprise. Reba Kay
    That is the best one yet, I only seen that in the movie Jawanna Man!

Not yet but agree with Megan on the sixties.

The first time I was pulled over, a young officer had seen me getting into the car - I reckon he was just curious, but he asked for ownership details?

The second, I was driving a BMW - I was pulled over because they were looking for a BMW, once they saw there was only me in the car they were off, not interested.

The third and fourth - Christmas time roadside checks, they asked where I was going to/from, listened to my answers and smelled my breath and sent me on my way, courteously..

The fifth, in Central London, I pulled over when waved at by a copper with a radar gun on the Embankment - he actually wanted the car behind me to stop, but that didn't stop the girl in the passenger seat trying to hide in the glove box..

Since then, I've been stopped in Vegas (for not pulling away from a green light quick enough - the cruiser's truck horn puzzled the heck out of me, I was looking for the truck) and breathalysed last year in Nottingham - I overtook a truck which was doing 20mph in a 40 limit, they presumed I was going faster than I was..

In every case, I've behaved like I've a right to be the person I am? I have a male name on my driving licence - but so what? Be courteous, but assertive, and IME you always get courtesy back?
    Last edited by Nicki B; 03-16-2008 at 12:11 AM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Oh yes....Long story made short, my car fit the description of a would be robber......

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    So far from what i have read here I have not seen any overt negative or hostile reactions to a CD driving and getting pulled over. The lesson to be learned here BIG TIME is don't be scared or nervous and think you're gonna have a heart attack, just be upfront, honest, courteous and acknowledge only the reason you were stopped for any traffic violation. I will bet 100 &#37; of the time as you have read here you will be treated courteuosly and sent on your way with no mention made at all that you're dressed.
    Trust me, its true!

I rang the police in the UK. Asked if I could walk about dressed as a woman. Cops said, we don't care. Dress as a clown as long as you're not causing trouble.

It's not offence in UK.

Though I have never been stopped en-fem.. I know for a fact that MOST Police Officers do NOT want to persecute people unless they are actually bad people..
    Police really don't want to do any more paper work than the rest of us..
    Besides from reading about some of the atrocities of the 60's and earlier, harassment from Police because of CDing is really quite rare. Though I would not dare go driving en-fem in SOME parts of the USA.
    [SIZE=2]The sound of Galaxies Playing the Music of our lives, The notes we strike Reasoned in time and space, Silent Symphony waiting to be heard, Musical Aura holding unseen worlds..., The Sound of Galaxies..., Playing the music of our lives, The Numbers we Married, Equations and formulas, A MUTE language of the universe, Mathematical resonance, The thought of Matter.."Samael".. Lessons in magick[/SIZE]

On halloween night 2-3 years ago. I was coming back from a fetish party at our local Ottawa club and we lived about 40 minutes from town. My plate was expired and I got pulled over in a PVC french maids outfits. I got grilled for at least 40 minutes on a) wheather I was really male) b) what had I been drinking or smoking ( I was 100 % sober, I dont drink really) and then had the pleasure of dealing with a tow truck driver while so dressed. One of the most horrifying experiences of my lifee, and now that I think of it the catalyst that led to the demise of a 13 year relationship with 2 children. I cant thank the prick of a cop enough.

KinkedAmanda
    The Happy ****!

I had a light out on my license plate and was stopped I had dressed the night before on the way home but for some reason didn;t that night.
    Angie

It has happened twice actually. One time I was at a bar and went across the street to buy a pop from the machine. The gas station was closed and has a machine outside. When he pulled up behind me and turned his lights on it scared the ever %%%% out of me. The second time I was going home from a friends house and was speeding. In both cases other than a smile and shaking of the head that was all there was about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]