Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever get stopped by the police while dressed?

Platinum Member
    yes i did i posted this abought it..........http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13054

I've interacted twice with the police. The first time was at a weigh station on the Interstate. Most people use it as a rest stop to catch some sleep. I had just pulled into the parking lot and was going to take a few pictures and then "change" when a State Police cruiser came thru. He saw that I was awake and sitting there so parked the cruiser and approached my mini-van. He asked me if there was a problem? I replied that I had just gotten tired. Hearing my voice he shined the light in my face for a good 2 0r 3 seconds before he asked for my liscence. He ran my plates and record and then came back to the car and grilled me for a good 5 minutes.....Who was I meeting here? Where had I been? Had I been drinking? (last drink was 4-5 hours before) Did my wife know I was out dressed as a woman? (it was her car and SHE insisted I stop and rest on the way home) Who was I meeting here? He kept repeating the meeting question. In not so many words he referred to "what happens at rest stops" (gay sex, though that's not illegal). He then made me leave and told me "I don't want to see you back here". Admittedly he was a young cop, mid to late 20's, and probably not very experienced. Still, he was moving out people suspected as being gay but not bothering the truckers or the other "normal" people. This is how I looked that night.
    Cops 1.jpg
    My second time was this January on my way back home from First Event. The van had a headlight out and I had neglected to get it changed before going out en femme (always a mistake, have everything perfect on your vehicle!). Less than 10 miles from home I was pulled over. Luckily it was not my town's police but the next town over. He asked for my liscence. When I gave him my male drivers liscence he just asked "You are S******?" I answered yes and he just checked everything and then gave me a defect slip. He was very professional and polite and there was no problem. This was how I was dressed that night.
    cop 2.jpg
    There was one other mild interaction. We were in Chinatown in Boston after a night at the clubs and were having what else?......Chinese food! Two of us walked back to my van to prevent all the girls from having to walk back. Here we are, two dressed-up "women", 3am, in chinatown, walking down the street alone. There's a city cruiser sitting at the corner, across the street. Two police are leaning on it talking. As we walked by they asked "Evening ladies, would you like a ride?". We took it as a joke and shook our heads saying "no thank you" and kept moving. I'm not sure what angle on the joke the cops were taking but I'm sure they weren't trying to imtimidate us, just have a little fun in the middle of the night. This was the gang that night. Rachael was my walking pal.
    cop 3.jpg
    Overall, I've had good experiences with the police and I think you have to be straight with them and hope for the best. In most cases that is what you will get back from them.
    Sally

Thanks for sharing all your stories, Definitly good reading.

I think that I will be safe, unless they set up a speed trap between my home office and the coffee pot.
    Last edited by Raychel; 03-16-2008 at 08:35 AM.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

This story happened about 25yrs ago. I was driving home from a CD party dressed. It was one of the first times I drove home dressed. It was late, about 1:30AM. I made a turn onto a highway approach a little fast and skidded a little. A cop pulled me over. I had a few beers in me and I was scared. At the time I was a police officer. (I retired about 15 yrs ago). I was a city cop and this was a county cop. He asked for my papers and when he saw my drivers lic he asked if that was me? I said yes and he was shocked. I didnt tell him I was a cop. I then asked him if there was a coffee shop close by, because I felt tired. He told me there was one about 1 mile down. He was still holding my license, I then took it out of his hand and thanked him and drove away. I looked in my mirror and saw him standing there. If this had happened today the story's end would have had a different ending. The DWI laws are enforced differnetly now than 25 yrs ago.
    Most cops have seen plenty of CDs. It is no against the law to dress. Just take the ticket if he is going to give one. Dont drive with a supended lic or expired plates or insurance. AND DONT DRIVE DRUNK.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    ". Admittedly he was a young cop, mid to late 20's, and probably not very experienced. Still, he was moving out people suspected as being gay but not bothering the truckers or the other "normal" people.
    [
    Golly Sally I'd sure like to know how you can just look at someone, and tell that they are normal ? Isn't that kind of presumptuous on your part ?

It sounds like the officer did know how to conduct a line of questioning. To you it may not. But when conducting a street interview with a subject, repeating the same question does sometimes gets a different answer, from the person an officer is talking too. Giving the officer to belive there is more to this, than what he/she is being told. As far a having sex, and it not being illegal. It would be in most states illegal, if performed where it can be viewed by another person.
    This just sounds like good police work as you tell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Since then..
    Just remembered another one, the year before last, although I was already stopped and they pulled up to find out why..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Just Walking in the Park

..not pulled over ...but we we're up in the park around 11 one night last summer ..nice night out soo we went for a walk ...just outta nowhere...a cruiser pulls in ...he called us over ...basically said ..he thought we we're teens ...lol (cool)..took our names ...said be careful ...then watched from his car as we walked back home ..once we we're in ... he headed on his way ....He never once gave us an odd look ..cept for maybe an instance when I spoke and gave my name ..lol ...I was really scared when he called us over...but after it was over ..I felt a big relief that he never once made me feel uncomfortable

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

yes, without a car...

Way back in the early seventies, in London I was stopped.
    On the pavement, walking quietly, by myself, without a car, in Park Lane of all places.
    The policeman was young. It was not too late at night, perhaps he just wanted to pass the time with what he though was a rather nice looking thing. lol ?....... I dunno, but he did scare me, badly....... Who was I, and all the usual including where was I staying. "Connaught Hotel." Rule 1, Tell the truth, but he did not believe me...."You serious ? " Then the bomber "Who do you work for ?" I did not tell.... why should I have ? As a bank employee, I was too respectable for this game (?) and in those days, who knows what would have happened.
    (There was one bank branch manager who resigned about then because his son had been out dressed and suffered a broken heel. The lad was holding the shoe in his hand, considering it like, when a police car stopped by to help him.... He ran. He was caught. It wasnae me).
    I was politely walked back to the hotel, presumably cos he did not believe me. Maybe he liked walking with me ? Shame for him, the reception desk believed me and confirmed that I was who I was and they would not let him know what I was as a world worker either. Grins from the desk and return grin from me.
    Thankfully there were no hand held police radios in those days and no look-up files on computers whch they did not possess.

~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 03-16-2008 at 12:32 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Originally Posted by Sally24
    ". Admittedly he was a young cop, mid to late 20's, and probably not very experienced. Still, he was moving out people suspected as being gay but not bothering the truckers or the other "normal" people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Golly Sally I'd sure like to know how you can just look at someone, and tell that they are normal ? Isn't that kind of presumptuous on your part ? .
    That would be the cops presumption since he did not bother any of those he percieved to be straight. Also illegal descrimination because he believed I was homosexual, and they are protected, unlike the trans.

As far a having sex, and it not being illegal. It would be in most states if performed where it can be viewed by another person.
    Problem being I was in a tinted minivan so the "public" would not have been able to view anthing inside, at night. It's not good police work since if I'd had a vagina he would have been very helpful and not forced me to leave. I don't know if it's a policy of the Mass. State Police but many truckers have complained about gays meeting at rest areas and weigh stations. The problem being that they don't complain when teenagers or straights meet there for the same purpose. I didn't mind the inquiry, but forcing a tired person back on the road just because they are trans should be illegal and is definitely stupid!
    Last edited by Sally24; 03-16-2008 at 11:06 AM.
    Sally

Your Supposing Too Much Here

That would be the cops presumption since he did not bother any of those he perceived to be straight. Also illegal discrimination because he believed I was homosexual, and they are protected, unlike the trans.

Problem being I was in a tinted minivan so the "public" would not have been able to view anything inside, at night. It's not good police work since if I'd had a vagina he would have been very helpful and not forced me to leave. I don't know if it's a policy of the Mass. State Police but many truckers have complained about gays meeting at rest areas and weigh stations. The problem being that they don't complain when teenagers or straights meet there for the same purpose. I didn't mind the inquiry, but forcing a tired person back on the road just because they are trans should be illegal and is definitely stupid!

Sally I'm a retired police officer. You didn't tell us how the officer knew the straits for the gays. Does your state require an arm band, to show sexuality ? Like the Jews and gays in Nazi Germany ? As far as you window tint, that may (???) be a defence, but like I said, if it can be viewed it's illegal.

Like you said, there was complaints that hookers were plying their trade at that location. Would it be out of the realm of possibility, that a GM would dress to perform that activity ? I've made people move on many times because things just didn't appear right with their story. I'm not saying you were not truthful with the officer. You just have to consider that a man in drag, is not a normal thing one would see. Consider this. prostitute complaint , late at night, a guy in drag. I can see his thinking that there maybe a crime in the making. I would have done the same and told you to move on. If you were a were a female, yes with a vagina, and your story didn't add up. Maybe the manner you where dressed, I'd had made you move as well. Another thing is that gays are not protected, to the extent that they have the right to disobey the law. What they are protected from in some states, are housing and employment discrimination. No one is above the law.

It's state property. He's in control of it and has the authority to require you to leave. Police work is complicated. There are laws and constitutional issues to consider at every turn. What may sound unfair to you, maybe just the officer doing his job.

"Just My Buck And A Half "
    Last edited by Joy Carter; 03-16-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Most, if not all state and local police personnel are trained to encounter anything in a traffic stop situation and are all well educated in what we are doing; and today's diverse gender issues.
    Some, if not all, have issues regarding identification regarding a commission of a criminal act...not that any of us would. If you were stopped enfemme, and they found a outstanding criminal warrant (that is known when they call-in your plate number)...you could be in for more than you bargained for.
    I have not experienced any of this yet, but I'm sure it will happen. I just plan on being polite and respectful...and sober.
    Just about all poice have paperwork to complete after a MV stop. One fors is caled a "Stop Staistics" slip. They turn this in at end of shift along with all ticket stubs. One part of the forms asks, with check-boxes, Male, Female, Other.
    What possibly could "Other" mean, right? LOL!

Stopped by EnCon Police

Hi Megan, One of the outings I frequently make in girl clothes, is going fishing, I know sounds crazy! I was trout fishing along a local river, and the En con officer stopped to check my license and my fish. He was very polite and never said a word about my not looking like a William! Willow

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by willowgurl View Post
    Hi Megan, One of the outings I frequently make in girl clothes, is going fishing, I know sounds crazy! I was trout fishing along a local river, and the En con officer stopped to check my license and my fish. He was very polite and never said a word about my not looking like a William! Willow
    But how was the fish dressed willow? Did he give him a ticket for impersonating Nemo?

i wasn't pulled over by the police but I was driving to on the highway and the axle broke on my truck. I made it over to the side of the road and the state trooper pulled up while i was waiting for the tow truck and my brother to come and get me and before I could go from fab to drab. He asked me was everything ok, I explained what had happened and who was coming, He ran his flashlight from my head to my heels said be safe and left. That was the closest to getting pulled.

Wink Never

[SIZE="4"]No, never. Hope it stays that way.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Most people use it as a rest stop to catch some sleep. I had just pulled into the parking lot and was going to take a few pictures and then "change" when a State Police cruiser came thru. He saw that I was awake and sitting there so parked the cruiser and approached my mini-van. He asked me if there was a problem? I replied that I had just gotten tired. Hearing my voice he shined the light in my face for a good 2 0r 3 seconds before he asked for my liscence. He ran my plates and record and then came back to the car and grilled me for a good 5 minutes.....Who was I meeting here? Where had I been? Had I been drinking? (last drink was 4-5 hours before) Did my wife know I was out dressed as a woman? (it was her car and SHE insisted I stop and rest on the way home) Who was I meeting here? He kept repeating the meeting question. In not so many words he referred to "what happens at rest stops" (gay sex, though that's not illegal). He then made me leave and told me "I don't want to see you back here".
    Sally I'm a retired police officer. ......It's state property. He's in control of it and has the authority to require you to leave. Police work is complicated. There are laws and constitutional issues to consider at every turn. What may sound unfair to you, maybe just the officer doing his job.
    Joy, you just might've told us that, once before..

TBH, it sounds like exceedingly discriminatory policing to me and guaranteed to cause quite reasonable grievance - which also causes the next cop down the line a problem? If there was a vice problem, surely you wait until there's a proposition, then move in - not just move people on for being different?

As for 'requiring someone to leave' and effectively forcing them to drive dangerously - many more serious accidents are the result of tiredness, than of alcohol??

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    ..I was already stopped and they pulled up to find out why..
    Maybe I was lucky - I was already asleep - but I don't think so... "I don't want to see you back here" would likely get any officer in the UK into trouble, particularly to someone who was GLBT?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by 1950sclothes View Post
    I rang the police in the UK. Asked if I could walk about dressed as a woman. Cops said, we don't care. Dress as a clown as long as you're not causing trouble.

It's not an offence in UK.
    That's good to hear, because it used to be illegal.

When I lived in the UK, I can remember reading several times in the local paper, that guys had been picked up by the police for taking walks at night dressed en-femme.

The charge? - Conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Which basically means that someone might have been offended if any one had seen you.

Thank god those days are over.

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    I have a story from before I discovered I was trans. Obviously I wasn't dressed, but was very thoughtlessly being non-male...

I did lots of astronomy education work at the time, and would often take my telescope to group of school aged kids and show them the night sky. This particular night I had been invited to a girl scout camp. After the presentation, the (all women) scout leaders invited me to sit around the campfire for marshmallows and stories. I left the camp at like 2am, drove over a ridge, and right into a sobriety checkpoint. With nothing but sugar on my breath, I smiled and brightly answered when the officer asked where I was coming from. Me: "Girl scout camp" Officer: (long pause) I need you to step out of the car...
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

Just an added note, Going to a rest stop at night dressed is not a good idea. They are often places where sex for pay take place and other things take place. Just ask yourself, what would a women that was alone doing in rest stop at 2AM ? You might say resting, but not many GG's that I know would feel comfortable doing that.

Yours Terri

This is going to sound like a made up story but it's absolutely true. I was young (19-21) and still living with my parents so I did not have any place to dress. So after buying some new lingerie and changing into it under my male clothes I went to a park. It was pretty late and I did not notice that the park was closed after 10 o'clock. I parked and walked down a trail to a secluded area and took off my male clothes. It was dark, heavily wooded and the park was deserted so I felt safe. Then a saw a flashlight so I hid back in the woods. Well, it was two officers. They saw my clothes on the ground and picked them up then looked around a bit but didn't find me. They left, but they took my clothes. I was in heels, fishnets, a garter, panties and a babydoll nightie. They had my clothes, my billfold and my car keys. I had no other change of clothes and no extra key to my car so I had no choice but to run out and stop them. As I exited the woods they were driving off. I had to run out into the road and flag them down. They told me they had seen my car and the park was closed so they went down the nearest trail. They were actually pretty cool about it. They told me as long as my privates were covered I was within the law. They ran my name, I had no warrants so they give me my clothes back (they did make me stand there in my lingerie while they waited for the warrant info) and tell me that it wasn't a good idea to be out in the park at night. I was scared to death but the officers seemed to be be completely unfazed by it. I'm sure they had a good laugh afterwards, but they were very respectful to me.

Banned Read only
    Many years ago when being en femme in public was illegal ,the charge was often "masquerading". It covered wearing masks, impersonating government officials in uniform like police and fire officers and transvestites (as they were called then).
    Last edited by deja true; 03-19-2008 at 11:06 PM. Reason: grammar...

I look at the situation a bit differently. If a police officer shows up and says there are problems with crime in the area, I'm more than willing to leave. I wouldn't want a drug dealer or prostitute knocking on my window and have them discover something unusual and cause a problem. Also, who wants to be caught in a police drag net (no pun intended) and put in jail for the night with all the prostitutes until you can explain why you were there too. The police officer is doing you a favor if they ask you to leave. I don't see an issue if you tell the officer you are not able to drive and ask if you can park a bit further up the road or something. When I was a kid, I parked near a dead end industrial complex to change and the police showed up and questioned me...he was professional and told me they had problems with vandalism and theft. He didn't ask me to leave, but the event was traumatic for me and it ruined my outing so I was more than happy to call it a day (or a year...because I didn't dress for at least that long after). With experience, it wouldn't phase me much now.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

did you ever get stopped by the police

Last weekend on my trip through Texas I got stopped for speeding, really did not realize I was speeding but the way I handled it the cop was thankful for that. I opened my window and put my left arm out and my right arm up in plain sight, I always do this so the police will know I am not a threat. he let me go with a warning nad I will tell you that texas police are notrious for not giving any breaks to out of town violaters. I also was in an accident last year when a guy rear ended my car in Naperville, Il., hit me so hard he knocked my wig right off my head. Once I was able to collect myself we exchanged information and I was back on my way with substantial damage to the rear of my car and the cop was totally professional. I have gone through police checks with my car and in a truck on num,erous times and never a problem, nobody really cares as long as you are not acting suspicious.

Arrested, jailed!

[SIZE="3"]Date was December 24, 1976. Driving toward a club in Denver, Colorado, car slid off road due to heavy snow. Cops checked ID etc., arrested me for "Appearing in public in the dress of the opposite sex". Jailed overnight, given jail clothes, no belt or shoes (mine were "evidence". Released before a judge the next morning (Christmas day) , paid for impound of car, caught taxi to impound lot (15 miles away), dug car out of snow after finally getting some shoes and coveralls on, drove home, then back to Denver to pick up wife flying back from California.

Years later in California by a rookie California Highway Patrol Officer (CHP) who saw my huge head of blonde hair and pulled me over. His reason, "A vehicle matching this car's description was involved in a bank robbery". I was driving a very purple, lowered Fiero with a V8 in it, very distinct. While he was holding my license and registration and reading me his story I drove off to the nearest CHP station which was only 2 miles away with the CHP in active pursuit, siren going. I drove right up, jumped out and went inside and let the story play itself out. Turns out the rookie had been warned already about pulling over "blondes" for no apparent reason. Station Captain sent me on my way after an apology by the officer.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I never have, in fact I just went out dressed en femme for a drive of any significance for the first time the other night. While going through the town of 8000 people which was my destination, two cops drove onto the street....one going my direction, and one the opposite......I was terrified of getting pulled over, and the speed limit there is 25 (which is really hard to go that slow, but I did)......I made a right turn very quickly just to get the cop out of my rear-view mirror