Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you ever get stopped by the police while dressed?

July 1981...went out for a walk one night about 1:00 a.m. in a neighbouring town, away from home....in a teal-blue miniskirt, matching waistcoat, white frilly blouse, tights and heels...God, what a glam-puss. Had my own long hair in those days and was passable... I'd been strutting around for a while, admiring myself in shop-windows when a patrol car went by; tried to hide but to no avail; one guy in it, slowed down, and then zoomed off to the local station, not far away. I knew I'd been spotted. Made my way back to my car but they got me on the way. He'd brought a female officer with him, presumably thinking I was a girl.

So...Good Evening!! He'd seen my car all by its lonesome in the local supermarket carpark and had checked it out...put 2 & 2 together; even in those days they had a computer-link.

The first question was...Who are you? So I told them the truth....had no documents on me but they knew anyway from my licence-plate, and I explained that I was just out for a walk by myself....that I was a TV.

He very courteously (and correctly) pointed out that I was putting myself in danger by wandering about dressed like that so late at night....and could possibly be charged with "breach of the peace" stuff.

I felt more sorry for the young policewoman in tow...she stood arms folded, head down leaning on their car....seemed embarrassed to look at me...I suspect she'd never encountered a real live transvestite before...bless her.

And so, he just told me to "get myself off home" and to be careful in future if I wanted to indulge my "whim" as he put it.

And that was it really....scared the shxt out of me, but also left me feeling that the world ain't quite so bad?

Oh yes, one other thing....he asked my DOB....and when I told him said something like "Is that your real age?". I took it as a compliment....
    Last edited by JacquiUKTV; 03-21-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Unhappy A close call

Once, I had gone to a clothes shop and tried on a few things. I was not en femme, but I did bring my body briefer, wig, hose, etc. to help when I tried the clothes on. As I left the store in my car, a police car pulled me over, and said that the owner had complained about "indecent behavior" or something like that. I was puzzled, because I hadn't done anything wrong. He had me open my trunk, where I had all my femme items, and asked what I was doing. I told him that I was a crossdresser and that I was just trying on some clothes. After checking on my record -- I guess -- he let me go, but I was very nervous during the whole process.

It happened a couple of time for me.

Once in High School. I was with some of my understanding friends and was driving home and got pulled over. VERY SCARED!!!!!!! But my gg friend said to calm down and just be honest. Officer asked for my license and when he got it asked if it was my brothers. I blushed and said no it was mine. He gave me a warning for what I did but forgot what it was.

He told us that driving around this late in the area we were in wasn't a good idea for a bunch of pretty ladies. He told us to lock or doors and hurry on home. And off I went.

I guess thats one of the reasons I never stopped wanting to be me.

He was kinda cute from what I remember too.
    Why is it everyone expects us to explain to them who we are? Isn't it enough of a privilege for them to have us in the world?

'ello, 'ello, 'ello,... whats going on 'ere then?"

I thought you might be interested in the following passages taken straight out of the 2007 Police Training Manual in Western Australia:

Searching Procedures for Transgender and Transvestite Persons

Transgender:
    Transgender is a person whose psychological sex or gender identity is the opposite of their biological sex. While physically of one sex they psychologically identify as the other and are convinced that their real sexual identity is opposite to thier biological sex. In some cases, transgender persons undergo surgical reassignment of genital organs to assume the appearance of the genitalia of the desired opposite sex.

There are two types of trangender persons, pre-operative and the post operative. The pre-operative transgender person has developed male/female bodily characteristics but still have their original genitalia intact. The post-operative transgender person has undergone full gender re-assignment surgery.

Transvestite:
    A transvestite is an individual who has a desire to adopt the appearance of the oppsite sex (such as cross dressing) but does not have the transgender desire to change gender.
    It is important that police not confuse transgender (transexuality) with transvestism

Where circumstances suggest that a person to be searched may be transgender, police will discreetly and compassionately inquire of them as to whether that is the case. If so, deal with the person, to the extent that circumstances permit, as if they are a person of their preferred gender. The following procedures are to be followed:

Should the person be male but wishes to be treated as a female, the officer will inquire as to the persons surgical status (i.e., pre or post operative)
    If the person is pre-operative and still has male genitalia, then a male officer is to search the lower body and a female officer the upper torso. Both officers are to be present during the search.
    If the person is post-operative and has female genitalia, then that person is to be searched by a female officer.

Should the subject person be female but wishes to be treated as a male, the officer will inquire as to the persons surgical status (i.e.' pre or post-operative)
    If the person is pre-operative and still has female genitalia, then that person is to be searched by a female officer.
    If the person is post-operative and has male genitalia then that person is to be searcehd by a male officer.

When empty cells are unavailable:
    Pre-operative trangender persons may be placed in custody of the same biological sex.
    Cell checks of that person should be made with increased frequency.

Post operative males may be placed with females and a reciprocal agreement applies in turn to post-operative females.
    Cell checks of that person should be made with increased frequency.

At all times, it is essential that officers deal with such situations discreetly and professionally, thus safeguarding the dignity of the person concerned, and also themselves from any suggestions of prejudice or misconduct.

A lot of good stories here, I am glad that I do not have one to add, as I would be shaking so bad they would think something was wrong.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Never.....so far. But I never get tickets anyway (knock on wood). I drive while dressed often, usually changing back to drab once I arrive while still in the car. I especially like driving my convertablewith the top down while dressed. Very relaxing.

Yes I was just stopped again last week. Again I was treated with respect, no mention was made as to what I was wearing. Just that one headlight was out. DUH, why did I take the car that had a light out? I just got a warning and continued back home. I was very scared but no harm came of it.

A few years back i was pulled over for speeding...bad me...the officer asked me for my information...took it back to his car..then came back and asked me for a second form of ID to prove who i was...he was mightly confused but finally accepted i was who my DL said i was. he gave me a ticket and warned me that this was a heavily watched area and i should be careful in the future.

This was in the same day that a man at payless gave me back my credit card with my male name on it and said 'This isnt your card.' in rather snooty tone of voice. Annoyed i gave him my manliest voice and said yes it is. the look on his face had me laughing for at least an hour.

The police can't stop you in UK.

I got stopped once before I was 18 when I was first trying crossdressing. I had on a sports bra on that I had stuffed with socks and a bright pink shirt and jeans. When I saw the blue lights come on I freaked out. Where I am, things like crossdressing aren't looked upon lightly. Before I even stopped, I was thinking of how I could unstuff my bra before the officer made it to my car. Well, I didn't unfortunately, and I was lucky he didn't shine his flashlight into the car. He didn't realize the 17 year old boy he pulled over had a set of double ds. I got off with a warning for speeding. It could have ended sooo badly.

I got stopped once, but I wasn't dressed at that time. There were some girls clothes in my truck and the cop wanted to know all about them. Who's they were, why I had them etc. I told him they were mine and it wasn't any of his business why I had them. If I could tell you the cercumstances of my being stopped, you would understand, that I wasn't in the mood to be as nice as I should be to the a$$hole.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalove View Post
    I got stopped once, but I wasn't dressed at that time. There were some girls clothes in my truck and the cop wanted to know all about them. Who's they were, why I had them etc. I told him they were mine and it wasn't any of his business why I had them. If I could tell you the cercumstances of my being stopped, you would understand, that I wasn't in the mood to be as nice as I should be to the a$$hole.
    Nice attitude. I'd say you deserved a break.

I was stopped about a week ago down in Portland OR. I was driving back from the clubs at about 3 am and accidently made an illegal left hand turn (to go to Walgreens for stockings!!). I was very nervous because it was my first time dealing with authorities while dressed.

The young officer was very polite and sweet. He asked if the car was registered in my name, then came back with only a warning. Then he wished me a safe night and smiled. Very positive experience overall.

Guy in Skirts and Heels notquitegirl's Avatar

I was stopped because I was wearing a skirt and heels.

I was on a cross-country drive from Massachusetts to Indiana (total of about 900 miles), and was about halfway there in Pennsylvania. I stopped the car to get something out of the trunk at a rest area, and a state trooper pulled into the rest area behind me, while I was in the trunk. I saw him, and closed the trunk, and got back in the car to be on my way (I got what I wanted). He followed me out. At this point, it's clear that I'm going to get stopped for something, so I make a point to stay under the speed limit, but this guy had me so unnerved by sitting right on my tail that I accidentally drifted over the white line on the right side of the highway. The second my wheels hit the line, he hit the lights.

Banned Read only
    I've been stopped many times by the police while dressed, they've even given me a lift home occasionally. I should say that I've known the policeman in question all my life.