Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do glasses look you more feminine/

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Ebay Sell glasses (well in the UK they do!) with the clear lenses in. Ie pre-perscription, and they don't sell for a lot of money either. I've bought about 20 pairs over the last few years (you can see some pictures of some of them, in my picture threads that are listed in my signature!)

All glasses come from the makers with clear lenses, but the lenses normally have printing on them. you can remove this by using nail varnish remover on the paint and then quickly cleaning them before the NVR has time to react with the plastic. (all of my glasses have been cleaned like this!)

I have really good eyesite, only needing (with age) glasses for reading and close work, but as Tracy I think glasses enhance the look and also add to the illusion of being fem, ie people don't expect someone to be wearing glasses unless they really need them!

Also different glasses really make a difference, the ones I'm wearing in my avitar look really good with a bob, however they look awful if I wear a strieght wig, so it really is worth having a seach and seeing if you can find some. I probably have about 30+ pairs now.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

more scholarly?

just what i need.
    what's humorous is i bought these at staples 'cause i like the color and they came with a neat case - have become so nearsighted that when wearing contacts i'm far sighted, needing reading glasses, so these are for real!
    and my wife says, "they look like girl's glasses!"
    rofl.
    jessie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

My avitar pic is the first one ever wearing glasses. Its not funny that I actually need them for reading now !
    I bought a fem style off the rack at walmart for $15.00
    My wife calls them Granny glasses

Cindy

I am hoping so. I am needing to update my glasses and have been thinking of getting 2 pairs. I can't read without glasses to say the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have two pair of glasses with the same presciption of bi-focals. One male and one female. One problem I have run into though, is forgetting to change back to male glasses and go to work or on errands!

Do glasses make you look more feminine?

I might look more feminine to a guy,
    if "he" was looking at me through BAR GLASSES!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Glasses for 99Cents

I buy all of Sherry's glasses, and some of my reading glasses at the 99cents store. That includes some cool fem sunglasses!

Just wanted to mention that item for u bargain shoppers!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I actually picked up my dorky glasses at a local clothing/wig/shoe shop for about $10. Lenses just clear. I enjoy them but am undecided if it makes me more femme or not. The only problem with them is I really like my eyes/makeup and it obscures them.
    I think they make you look quite fabulous!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Awww thank you. They were actually bought for my SO but she decided she wants to get bangs first so they're mine for now.

girl about town
    I actually picked up my dorky glasses at a local clothing/wig/shoe shop for about $10. Lenses just clear. I enjoy them but am undecided if it makes me more femme or not. The only problem with them is I really like my eyes/makeup and it obscures them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    I think they make you look quite fabulous!!!
    I agree! I think they are hot!
    And the right glasses CAN bring out your eyes and eye makeup.

My far vision is not good and I generally wear female glasses from http://www.eyeglassfactoryoutlet.com/ Unlike most of you gurlz, I have a very different left and right eye prescriptions. I also have bought drag style glasses from them.

They cost me about $45 delivered.
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

I have had to wear glasses for years, but the frames I have don't look good on Cassy. Although I try for unisex, they all seem too masculine. So for all my photos I take them off. I guess buying several pair of cheap reading glasses just to find a frame style that suits Cassy would be a good investment.

I think I look better with glasses.

I bought a pair of pink fem looking sunglasses about 3 months ago and they help my look a lot, so I wear them whenever I'm outside.
    ~Sandy~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to have great eye vision. But that has gone way down hill for the last 8 or 10 years. I need glasses full time. So I have to wear them weather I like them or not. I try to keep them unisex as much as I can.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Hard to say, they do seem to minimize my eyebrows

This is something I'm going to have to consider. I require a POWERFUL prescription. (And I won't wear contacts because I'm seriously disturbed by the idea by sticking something on my cornea.)
    I'm going to have to find a feminizing frame and have a prescription filled online.

I think they can make you look more fem.. complete a look.. I've tried some but still haven't been satisfied with the look that I am trying for..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I do believe I promised someone a picture of me in glasses...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/SIZE]

Damiana,
    Are they the glasses in your avatar photo? If so then they're definitely feminine. The shape is good.

Interesting thread, I'm looking forward to my next trip to the local shop for my first pair of femme glasses.

Meantime, here's a pic of me wearing my boi-specs.

Traci
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    I have to wear glasses at all times. Now when ever I get glasses, I get both a gender neutral pair and a very fem pair. Fem glasses seem to be the only thing I have found that is cheaper than mens....

I do feel that wearing glasses help me look more fem. I have a large nose that the glasses help to change the look of

Barb J

went to my eye Dr. and pick out my new glasses and thy are unisex glass

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    I do believe I promised someone a picture of me in glasses...

[SIZE="4"]I love my glasses they look alot like yours DD. I like to hide behind them a lil!

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsy View Post
    [SIZE="4"]I love my glasses they look alot like yours DD. I like to hide behind them a lil!

Kelsy
    [/SIZE]
    I couldn't have them completely up and not have the glare of the computer on them. So I thought it was cute to slide them down a bit. I like them even though they make me feel rather like the nerdy high school girl I was oh-so long ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/SIZE]