Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I hate my Body Hair

Help! I hate my Body Hair

I have been shaved smooth for the past few months. I have enjoyed dressing a lot. Springtime is here and I live in SoCal. My wife and I visit my parents house in wine country frequently where it is very warm an nice, lucky to be able to go there and chill by the pool. My wife has encouraged me not to shave because I am not out openly to friends or family as a crossdresser. I want to stay smooth but I don't want to be hassled about why am I shaved. Does anyone have any advice? I could use some help. I know I really shouldn't care what others think and be proud of who I am, but I don't want to create an uncomfortable situation for my understanding wife and myself. Thanks for your help and advice in advance.
    Ruby

There are a lot of swimmers that shave as well as wieght lifters.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wannabe View Post
    There are a lot of swimmers that shave as well as wieght lifters.
    My thoughts exactly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I keep my legs and everywhere else that needs it for the last 8 years and it has reached the point where no one brings it up anymore, people are busy and just don't seem to care anymore so I wouldn't worry about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Whats it got to do with others whether you shave your legs or not.? If they say anything just tell them prefer not to have hairy legs.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Mistress Googleus Speaketh!

Pseudofolliculitis Barbae

If you are gonna lie about it, pick a good one.

This disorder causes irritation, inflammation and infection when the the hair pierces the skin in the wrong place.

This can happen when the hair curls back toward the skin and cuts into it. It mostly affects black men, but, hey! it is for real and in the medical journals.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Platinum Member
    dont lie, just say you prefer no hair...thats the truth anyway

but anyway people might notice yeah, but i doubt very much anyone would challenge it and ask you why you have no hair....

I agree, just say you prefer no hair....if you are asked.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Some people are hairy and some people aren't. Some by choice, and some by nature. Make yourself happy, it's nobody's business anyway. Do other people have to consult you when they do something?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Tell them that you are starting to train for bicycle racing - they always shave their legs. Even if you are not actively racing, you want to look like those you practice with.

This is not a lie by the way, I raced for years and everyone that trained in the group rides shaved, whether they were racing or not. Unlike swimmers, who normally only shave just prior to a big event, bicyclists do it all the time. Probably better if actually do ride a bicycle though ;-)

simple just say " i don't like hair " ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I can't tell you how many times I have been to the neighbors pool and no one has said a word. When I have been out in other situations I have had ONE person say something and her comment was to compliment me on my legs.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar

hairless legs

I live in Lake Havasu Az, no one ever says "Hey look no hair",,it's not a big thing, just dont have stubblys around the relatives smooth in not noticible
    JoanAz

My Favorites:

• The Burt Reynolds Look is Dead (make sure you have a picture of him with you)
    • You've taken up cycling and you want to avoid "road rash" (remember to look up what "road rash" means)
    • You don't like your clothes floating above your skin
    • You've taken up competitive swimming and hate the way the hair makes waves.
    • And, Finally my favorite, I don't like the look or feel of body hair. Thanks for asking.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    Very true what everybody already stated... Just say I don't like hair, or you SO likes it that way. The shaving thing isn't that big of a deal and it sure won't 'out' you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby B View Post
    I know I really shouldn't care what others think and be proud of who I am, but I don't want to create an uncomfortable situation for my understanding wife and myself.
    Dear Ruby,

I am completely with you on that one... I know my wife doesn't like that I shave my body for the same reasons yours feels the same: they fear that we will be discovered as crossdressers.

And no explanations such as "You know nowadays, lots of men do shave their body..." will really have an impact on their perception. It is in the emotional domain, not in the rational thinking attitudes.

I am also at a point where I resent even the idea of two weeks vacation in a delightful tropical island as it causes a dilema for me: If I keep shaving, my wife will be unhappy. If I let my hair grow, I will be unhappy (actually worse than unhappy...)

The trip is planned for mid June 2008... If I should decide to let my body hair grow back, that means that I almost should start letting it grow now...

In my case the hairless body is also a give away with my breasts which are far more obviously visible with a smooth skin...

Sorry that I don't have answrs to your own dilema... I just felt that sharing would help us see clearer...

Eugenie

Thanks for all the replies!

My wife says it's up to me So I keep my legs shaved all last summer with no real problem.
    Angie

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Hi Ruby! I shave my legs all year long and wear shorts all the time. I'm a truck driver and spend a lot of time at truck stops and no one has ever said a word to me about it!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

How about arms? I am Italian, hair! and have shaved my arms before, but the upkeep was too much. NowI just clip to a short length. anyone keep their arms smooth all the time?

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby B View Post
    How about arms? I am Italian, hair! and have shaved my arms before, but the upkeep was too much. NowI just clip to a short length. anyone keep their arms smooth all the time?
    I don't know if this will help with this aspect, but I'm planning on losing my arm and chest hair this summer in prep for a motorcycle trip. I admit, I'm somewhat of a hairy beast, and at highway speeds the arm hair will beat the skin and give something like a sunburn (skin peels.) I'm a little nervous about the reaction, but I'm going to do it. The alternative is what I usually do: wear a long sleeve over shirt with the sleeves buttoned tightly in the summer heat -- and cook!

The excuse might work even if you don't really have a bike. Just need to know a model and brand. If pressed for details, say you just got it.
    Heidi99

Hi Ruby -

Wish I could say the say the same about the weather in the Northeast. No sign of Spring yet.

I shave my arms, chest and legs all the time. No one has ever commented. If one of your family members asks, just say you like the way it looks. You don't owe any other explanation. Hair removal for men is not unusual.

Shave whatever!

I shave legs chest and arms , and a few other spots ( for hygene )

Nobody seems to notice. I also ride bikes ... some riders keep the hair some don't ... No big deal!
    There is one guy who has a problem with the way I look ... Its his problem!! I trapped him in a tent last race and shook his hand, and greeted him warmly. Watched him cringe in fear of whatever demons have got to him!! He has a problem with my long hair and earrings! Not my shaved legs.

Shave whatever you want and dont make a big deal out of it, and no one else will.

regards

We are missing the point. This is a relationship issue, not a "rights" issue.
    "My wife has encouraged me not to shave ".

Ruby has said her SO is uncomfortable with CDing being "outed". Surely her needs and views are equal to Ruby's needs and views? The fact that Ruby is asking the question means she is sensitive to her SO's needs. BRILL!

Many of us Cders think that we are "entitled" to be "me" - sometimes we are selfish and forget when we have a partner (I'm lucky I know as mine is totally comfortable - but that's not always been the case in other relationships).

I know what it is like to have to restrain my wants/needs. Yes, its frustrating. Yes, its annoying I cant be "me"
    BUT
    It is right too that we are sensitive to the equal needs of our SO's. Ruby's SO sounds like she is supportive in other areas. Cut her some slack and even though its an irritant (surely no more than that) for a few weeks meet her needs here and not your own.

I salute you for thinking of her needs and her for sharing and communicating with you her needs. Communication is the key in all areas. CDers (not having a go at Ruby) need to LISTEN and act.

As usual, no offence intended to anyone (especially Ruby) but my understanding is that one of the biggest gripes for our So's is our selfishness. Only we can do something about it.

Being CD does not equal "having it all my own way".
    Last edited by Mirani; 03-20-2008 at 04:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

I have to agree with Mirani here. It's not about the shaving, it's about being sensitive to our SO's concerns. My wife and I have compromises and boundaries that we set and are comfortable with. I shave my legs in late fall and let the hair grow back for summer. It works for us. I'm fine with this arrangement, as I know once October arrives I'll shave again. It gives me something to look foward to. Truth be told, I look foward to summer arriving much more than shaving my legs (since I hate winter)!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie