Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article on Pregnant Trans Male / pregnant man

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Well see now I feel like an idiot... because what was said was about the show title... fkin oprah... trust her to do the 'wrong' thing but even so, yes, I've told 3 people I run (ok help run) a TG forum... and it felt so vigarating... *shouts*
    Thanks, Tamara . . . if people don't stand up and shout, the haters will keep steamrolling over us.

It's been such a headache dealing with this stuff today. I didn't expect everyone to get it, but after what I felt was a fair and well-explained presentation on that show, I thought there would be more supporters or at least people willing to ask the right questions and listen before passing judgment. Either I was dead wrong, or the people who do get it are afraid to speak up. Either way, it does us no good.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This came up at my workplace too and I think I almost outed myself or at least almost went off... I had to just walk away... sighs the sad thing is it was the two coworkers I had hope to tell once I'm officially done with this job.

the entire show is on youtube now.. i watched the whole thing just now.. and I am so angry at the comments people made in response to these clips.

I don't know what else to say right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xTwo_Of_Heartsx View Post
    the entire show is on youtube now.. i watched the whole thing just now.. and I am so angry at the comments people made in response to these clips.
    Thanks for the warning, I'll stay away from there then. I'm still sorry I ever read the responses on Oprah's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    This came up at my workplace too and I think I almost outed myself or at least almost went off... I had to just walk away... sighs the sad thing is it was the two coworkers I had hope to tell once I'm officially done with this job.
    This made me think a bit, Tristan. Some of my co-workers were talking about it yesterday too and asked me some questions about it. They were all sympathetic to the couple and seemed understanding and accepting. But I wonder if they didn't know me or if I hadn't come out to them yet, if they would have had the same kinds of comments.

One of them even joked with me asking if I would consider doing that (interrupting my transition to have a baby). I just said, "been there, done that" and they all laughed.

Some people will side with the masses if they don't know any different, but sometimes once they know someone personally (someone they like, especially), their whole attitude can change. You never know.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Wow, Lex, you aren't joking, I've been thru 32 pages of scanning(can't sleep) and what a bunch of idiots. It seems like some are just pounding on the same "bone", how dare Oprah, money grubbing and lying to the public about a man having a baby, because it's a woman who has taken hormones and mutilated herself, but she's still a genetic woman. They don't have a clue, do they!!

So many are saying, the poor innocent child, how selfish to bring them up in such a family. The child would not have any problems if people weren't so prejudice and taught their own children to hate. Wow, I can't believe so much hate and poison. Yes, I posted, I'm krazykat64, posted April 6 about 1am(page 130).
    Lex, do you know what page you posted on and what username, I looked to page 52, couldn't find you!! Dang, some real "Nutties" on there!! Towards the end I read a lot more positive posts, I think they just took awhile!!
    I sure do hope that Thomas doesn't go on there and read any of this stuff, how awful to be told by so many you are a woman, when you are a man. They don't understand, and don't wanna!!I think I understand a whole lot more what you guys go through now, it's opened my eyes!!
    Last edited by KrazyKat; 04-06-2008 at 03:11 AM.
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post
    Lex, do you know what page you posted on and what username, I looked to page 52, couldn't find you!!
    I'll PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKat
    Dang, some real "Nutties" on there!! Towards the end I read a lot more positive posts, I think they just took awhile!!
    I'm glad there were some, but I'm sure the ratio of bad responses to good ones is still overwhelming. Oh well . . .

I finally got a copy of the show and first impressions of it... Oprah is a cow... the way she has done this is so bad... I haven't finished watching it yet, because it is so sad I really think he should have stayed off the TV, because so many are making him into a laughing stock.... shameful, so very shameful Everywhere he goes now, people will be pointing and laughing, the very thought of it tears me up inside... fkin TV shows...

MY GOD!!! those comments... I can't keep my mouth shut, I've posted on one of them... grrrrr..... I think I'm going to go offline, before I get really bloody mad
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 04-07-2008 at 03:15 AM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I'll be the first one to say - I've never thought much of Oprah the "I'mma victim and will bring it up any chance while laughing to the bank" so I just don't watch her show or care what she's done.

That whole thing she started in some village somewhere was shut down (duh) because she's money stupid - not human smart.
    For all those that tuned into the show "because I just can't miss an episode!" need to find a real life to live instead of living vicariously through others they wished they could be.
    Poor sods. They can be anyone they want but she makes sure they don't gain enough respect for themselves to take that step.

It is understandable why the GTLB community advocated for this not to be part of the last quarter weeks of arbitron ratings. They knew this is not the time to advocate and protect a child at the same time.
    Bitter jagged pill to swallow yet has more than a grain of truth to it. All we can do now is to continue to protect the lives of everyone we know from hate.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Let's face it... anyone who goes up against the last taboos of our society as a pioneer is going to be a sacrificial lamb. It's the way the lowest common demoninator always works, and these days with the media only concerned with ratings and corporate profits and propaganda it's no surprise to see how this story is being spun and how many lowlifes feel free to show their utter stupidity and crassness to all of us, esp hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

The best we can do is show support and keep trying to use these opportunities to educate people, but we shouldn't be surprised at the meaness and hatred of others. Dismayed, yes.

I wish people would shut their yaps for awhile and learn and listen, but everything in the commercial world tells them to do just the opposite. "Don't know nothin'? That's okay! Just yell louder and you'll be right. Beat the others down, they're all losers."

And in between all these howling monkeys, we need to build the real society, which is exactly what we are doing. You just want to slap them and tell them to shut up sometimes so we can get on with the work that is needed to evolve the human race into it's potential.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

It's a shame I think the fact that he can have a child of his own is very special.
    He will be a better parent then most hopefully they don't continue to steam roll him.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

pregnant man

Did any one see Oprah about the woman who had sex reasignment and is now liveing life as a man and is pregnant . It was on yeasterday 4/9/08 I think its grate thay said the baby is healthy and so is he . but I was looking at Opras blogs on the websight and they were scary there was so much hate in the world . It almost makes me want to crawl in a whole .

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I find the headlines of "Pregnant Man" to be misleading, but whatever.

Can you link us to these Oprah blogs? I don't care for Oprah but you've piqued my interest here. I don't see as much hate as I see people who approve or just don't care. I for one think this pregnancy may benefit science, but certainly is not headline material.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Story of my life –>

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Um, I did not like the headline "Pregnant Man" myself it is misleading and thats why people reacted so negatively towards the program! I know that every male I am around was extremely offended by the headline. I saw about 1 minute of th show as I was getting ready to go out in female mode, from what I seen it was OK however I was on a mission to get out.

I am quite sure Oprah was very positive with the subject matter as it was presented.

Personally I don't really find the title to be misleading at all. He's a man. He's pregnant. "Pregnant Man" fits the bill exactly to me.

He's also not the first, but the media seems to be really obsessed with him, and not in a particularly good way which is really unfortunate.
    Story of my life –>

I find it misleading because I expected to find some amazing scientific breakthrough with a biological male with male anatomy and um, male pregnancy.

By whatever definition, even if you consider this transgender a "man", this is not a male pregnancy. This is a female pregnancy.
    No regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuki_Warpetal View Post
    I find it misleading because I expected to find some amazing scientific breakthrough with a biological male with male anatomy and um, male pregnancy.

By whatever definition, even if you consider this transgender a "man", this is not a male pregnancy. This is a female pregnancy.
    You are right Ibuki, this is a genetic female who has transitioned to male, the whole story is misleading.

He is a man. He is also pregnant. And a uterus is not the ultimate test of gender. If it is, then there are an awful lot of those who society accepts as female who would fail to meet this criteria. And he and his wife have made thousands (at least) a little bit more aware of the transgendered world, though it is a story that is not very common.

I commend the couple for their bravery in making this story public and even though I am sure they tried to prepare themselves for negative reactions, I would highly doubt they could have foreseen such an onslaught of pure hatred, bigotry, and evil.

And I also can't envision two people who would love their child more than I believe these two will -- just think of all the emotional issues they themselves had to deal with before reaching the decision to bring this life into this world. If only others allow the three of them to live in peace.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I didn't find the title misleading either. I personally had a problem with each of the stories I have read about it putting the word 'man' in quotes. He is a man. He just happens to have female reproductive organs and is using them for reproduction. I would be offended if I was in a story, had transitioned (or at least was living full time) and they used quotes around the word 'woman' referring to me. What I personally find amazing is that even after taking all that "T", he is still able to cook up a baby!
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

GypsyKaren
    What amazes me is how a story of two people who love each other and want to have their own child to love can set off a firestorm of hate, scorn, and ridicule, while a story of 600 abused children, including over 100 young teenage girls who were kept as sex and breeding slaves for 50 year old men, are taken out of a church in Texas and it's page 11 news around here...nice set of priorities.

Karen Starlene

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    The subject challenges peoples sex and gender biases, it challenges the binary model of sex and gender.

It's not the first time this has happened but for most people it's the first they've heard of it.
    It challenges the assumptions of what a man is, what a woman is, what pregnancy is and what a sex-change is too.

It highlights the grey areas they had not seen before.

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    ..... he is still able to cook up a baby!
    Ok Katrina, just when I was thinking I was going to get through this lifetime without hearing that particular phrase *lol*

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    And a uterus is not the ultimate test of gender.
    Maybe not, but it does predisposition a person towards gender specific abilities, such as pregnancy. It would be like me being on the news "Woman Impregnates Women: A women with a functioning penis had sex with another woman the other day and..."
    Do you see how that is not worthy of headline news? And people would be arguing that I'm a woman because it's the gender I identify with. That's fine, but I don't think that is a good reason to set aside my natural, gender-specific, biological abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren View Post
    What amazes me is how a story of two people who love each other and want to have their own child to love can set off a firestorm of hate, scorn, and ridicule, while a story of 600 abused children, including over 100 young teenage girls who were kept as sex and breeding slaves for 50 year old men, are taken out of a church in Texas and it's page 11 news around here...nice set of priorities.

Karen Starlene
    Kind of like how the thousands of people dying in Iraq are a debate statistic, but when a soldier throws a puppy from a cliff, moral outrage ensues.
    No regrets.

Platinum Member

8months on....

and just over 6 weeks to go...

update on Thomas Beatie
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-20423249/

not the best article..well it is tabloid, what do you expect lol

And it provides misinformation in the very first sentence.

world's first pregnant man
    He's actually not the first Transman to get pregnant, there have been a couple others who paused T to have a baby and the resumed it afterwards, they really should do their research first.
    Story of my life –>