Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Article on Pregnant Trans Male / pregnant man

I think I read somewhere that he's the first to do so after being declaired legaly male (though it could be wrong).
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

You know, we were talking about this in support group on friday night.. and a lady who comes to group (who is a trans journalist, and also studies trans issues.. and knows a great deal on the subject) mentioned that there have been a few documented cases of FTM's getting pregnant or having babies.. but most of those cases were back in the 80's and 90's. I have, however, seen a few pictures floating around the internet of pregnant FTM's.. so.. it isn't completely unheard of. Thomas is not the first.

What REALLY urks me about the tabloids and Oprah and everything is that they are misleading the public.
    For starters, the line "The world's first pregnant man", is not only inaccurate, but it also leads people to believe, right from the get-go, that this "pregnant man" is an actual genetic male.
    I don't think the world was really ready to hear about this, not having known much, or even anything at all in some cases -- about transsexuality.. about FTM's..
    I mean, I fully understand why Thomas told his story. He wanted people to hear it from him first.. and that's cool.. but the extent the media has taken this to, is just ridiculous.
    Most people don't know what transsexuality is, or they don't understand it at all.. and suddenly, this is being thrown out there for them to digest?
    I don't think the world was ready for this. We have not come far enough yet.
    I feel so bad for Thomas and Nancy.. so many nasty things have been said about Thomas.. people are saying he's not a real transman if he's actually willing to carry a child.. people are saying that he's a disgusting abomination.. people are saying that he doesn't deserve to be called a "HE".. that he isn't really a man, etc.. there have been millions of comments.. on message boards.. including oprah's.. and in reply to all the articles about him, and all the videos.

I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread here, because my computer is really slow.. so I don't know if I'm alone in my opinion.. or if several of you have already said similar things to what I just said here.. but yeah.

I don't have much to add to the convo about Thomas other than there was a really nice article about him and his wife in People magazine.

I wanted to talk about my friend. I met someone online. She is transitioning from a male to a female. My roomie and I went out and met she and her wife for dinner one night. Her wife was 8 and a half months pregnant. When they first married 14 years before she was living as a man and had not told her wife of her feelings that she was really a woman. Over time though it came out. First with crossdressing and then it progressed. What a beautiful private couple they are. But she decided that for her wife she would go off her hormones so that they could have a baby. She used her "equipment" not a turkey baster. lol Her wife got pregnant and she went back on her hormones. She passes 100%. I was so shocked when I met them in person. Her wife was very pregnant and we talked about how at first she was not okay at all with the transitioning of her husband into a wife. But the love was so much stronger. They started going every year to the Southern Comfort conferences and there are groups there for significant others and that helped a lot too. So basically at the time that I met them she was back on her hormones and her wife was VERY pregnant. You would think nothing of it meeting these people in person. Just two pretty ladies. One really pregnant. Two weeks later my accident happened. After the coma I was on dialysis for several more weeks. One day as they were wheeling my bed back to my room I had company!! My two beautiful lady friends and their brand new baby boy, David. That baby is gorgeous!! And I got to hold him. And it was so great to see them. That baby is going to be loved. He has two beautiful, loving mommies. Anyway, I guess that's all I really had to say on the subject. Hugs, Taylor