Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I unusual in not liking the '****' look?

I think crossdressers tend to be just like GG's in that there is a wide range in their clothing preferences. You see GG's who dress conservatively on one end of the scale and at the other end they dress ****ty with variations between. So there you have it, we are no different than real women so why do non-crossdressers treat us different.
    Danielle

I prefer a more conservative look myself, but that's just me. I understand that taste is a very personal thing, and I say, "Each to her own!"

ChanDelle

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1950sclothes View Post
    99.9% of tranvestites I've personally known love to dress as schoolgirls, or in micro mini skirts, 66DD false boobs, 4 inch long eye lashes, etc.

That's not my idea of cross dressing. I like to look like a smart middle aged woman, with nicely cut calf lenth skirts, court shoes, blouse, cardy, etc.

Sometimes I wear my 4 inch high heels but the clothes remain the same.
    Your first sentence pretty well describes a "transvestite," as opposed to a Crossdresser. As someone else has already commented, Transvestites dress to attract, usually for sexual reasons. Crossdressers, at least most of us, dress simply because we like to!! According to all statistics, very few "True MTF CD's" dress to attract men.

I started dressing myself at about age 9 in my older sisters clothes, and now at age 75 still try to dress in at least a semi-classy manner. Since my wife has passed away, I no longer have help with makeup and my wig. So now I go out in public wearing feminine clothing, but not anything outlandish. Is that possible? To be a man in female clothing and not be outlandish? I guess so, because usually all I get is nice smiles and an occasional comment like, "nice outfit!" Or. "I really like your sandals, the way they show off your pretty toes!" Yes, I have had those comments made to me!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath!

No!!!!

I hate the **** look. To each his/her own, but the micro mini and 66DD boobs is a real turn off and just looks flat circus like. I prefer a very conservative business suit, skirt, blazer, blouse, short wig (ordinary color,,,not bright blue are shiny gold), and 2" inch heels.

I don't see a problem with anyone disliking the "****ty" look. I for one like dressing this way just because I feel really comfortable in it. If I dress ****ty, I dress like a ****ty GG would, not the QQQ breast with foot long eyelashes etc.... little overkill on the sarcasm but you get the point im sure

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think it's a case of "horses for courses" (... now there's a good old English phase .. I think it's English ) ..... what I mean is, go for whatever is relevant at the time.

I mostly prefer for myself a classic or modern middled aged woman's look in daylight public outings .... but at night I might dress it up a little, but if Marla and I go clubbing or go to a fetish night then we always "sex it up" and dress more risque
    Have you seen our clubbing shoes?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilma28 View Post
    This says it all!!! LOL
    Wlma, that's funny.

By the way, I never said I didn't like other people dressing the '****ty' look. Do what you like. It's your life and your clothes.

I just said what my preferences are.
    Last edited by Sandra; 03-31-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: merged consecutive post use the edit button please

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I just don't want to look like "me".

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I think it's a case of "horses for courses" (... now there's a good old English phase .. I think it's English ) ..... what I mean is, go for whatever is relevant at the time.
    I mostly prefer for myself a classic or modern middled aged woman's look in daylight public outings .... but at night I might dress it up a little, but if Marla and I go clubbing or go to a fetish night then we always "sex it up" and dress more risque
    Have you seen our clubbing shoes?
    Rachel really nailed this thread, I believe. I'm a closet dresser. I don't like seeing "me" in a dress! I like seeing a hot, attractive, or sexy woman. Or, all three at once! I do it, because I can "get away with it". I can fool myself.

Would I go out dressed like u see me in my pics? Not in a million years! Because I couldn't "get away with it" out in public. Not even at a wild club scene or party!
    However, If u don't EVER dress like a **** in private, maybe u just can't get away with that look. If u could, but don't, I don't understand your motivation to CD! TS, OK, I DO understand, in that case! If you've got it, why not flaunt it? At least occasionally in private?

On the other hand, how many of you conservative ladies would wear your same granny outfits to a wild club party? Wouldn't be appropriate, would it? You'd probably feel as rediculous dressed like that at the party, as u would dressed like a **** at the mall.

"Horses for courses", as Rachel said! And, to each her own, depending on her comfort zone and what she can getaway with!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

straightcd2913

Smile all depends on age and taste

if u ask me the syle of dress all depends on ones age from what i can tell most of us dress acording to the age group we are in a person in there late thirties probably will dress more conservitavly than a gurl in her early 20s i just as a 65 y/o will dress more age appropriate i dont really think that most of us dress ****ty although i do like a nice cute mini skirt but so do alot of 21 y/o girls

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Conformity is evil. Absolutely evil.
    I'm a goth, not because I wear a goth uniform but because I like things that are classified as goth and dress in a way that is goth.

People used to look down on goths. People look down on ****s and ****tyness. Why?

Because it's POWER

Provacative overt feminine sexuality is raw power!

That's why it is feitishised, that's why it is despised.

I'm not going to tone down my gothness for anyone. I'm not going to tone down my dressing either. I'll look how I want to and anyone who doesn't like it better be ready for trouble because I've suffered for my right to be me, I've been spat on, atacked and more for not fitting in.

Now while my dressing isn't very ****ty I'll defend every CD TS TV and GG who finds that they like dressing that way.

Dress however you like, it's your right and I'll defend you, conservative, ****ty, goth cyberpunk rockabilly or emo it matters not. Dress to fit in and you are a traitor to yourself and all humanity, giving up your soul for the approval of others. Tell others how to dress and you are comitting direct evil and I will crush you with my dainty manicured fist lol

If people accepted free expression no-one would have a problem with crossdressing. Fashion fascism is bad no matter who uses it or the excuses given, it's just shoving people into burkas.

You don't have to dress in any style, you don't have to like any style, but the only people that give anyone a bad name are outsiders who try to pretend their just like insiders. We need to free the insiders and show them life is ok on the outside not kowtow to get inside.

Dress however feels good to you, as ****ty or conservative as makes you happy. But don't judge lest ye too be judged!

Silver Member
    My dressing is always age and event appropriate and has to be comfortable because I consider myself a lady in training and want to project the best woman image I can! There are times when I do wear skimmpy, sexy lingerie that makes me feel a bit ****ty under my clothes, but I'll never tell when that is.

Enjoy life, Chari

No your not. I don't care for the **** look. I want to be able to blend in and not have any problems, so I can enjoy my outings.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    We tend to overdress, so the ****ty look doesn't always work at the mall in the afternoon.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by 1950sclothes View Post
    99.9% of tranvestites I've personally known love to dress as schoolgirls, or in micro mini skirts, 66DD false boobs, 4 inch long eye lashes, etc.

That's not my idea of cross dressing. I like to look like a smart middle aged woman, with nicely cut calf lenth skirts, court shoes, blouse, cardy, etc.

Sometimes I wear my 4 inch high heels but the clothes remain the same.
    Not at all honey I personally go for the more conservative, socially acceptable, looks myself. There are a couple reasons for this, but the main one is that if I tend to look like every GG out there, the odds are in my favor I will not have any issues. Another is that while attending some functions for local groups I belong to (HPEP, EROS, etc..etc), I may go for some more "adventurous" styles or looks. But, for the most part I tend to stay on the conservative side. I do have a daughter that is being raised to NOT dress like a **** so I couldn't very well enforce her dress code on her if I didn't enforce the semblance of one on myself

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

****ty, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I like to make up overdone, and think of it as pretty and glamorous, not ****ty, although I recognize that you might see it differenty. All it means is that there are different forces that drive each of us to dress as we do. Short skirts, high heels, and long eyelashes may not be your idea of crossdressing, but it is mine. I may not wear calf-length skirts, but I still recognize that wearing one is crossdressing. Sorry if sounds like I'm quibbling, but every now and then I read a comment that jabs at the style of crossdressing I prefer. I, and others like me, just feel it and live it differently.
    I still think we should keep in mind the one thing we have in common instead of making issues of our differences.
    By the way, I don't wear 4-inch eyelashes. But if anyone can tell me where to find some 2-1/2 inchers, I'd appreciate it.

Conservative soccer mom here......except for the heels!!!
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......