Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female I.D. Card

Female I.D. Card

Most of us have our State's Driver's License, but I was wondering - can you also have a State I.D. Card that's you in femme? Can it also state your female? This would help lots when paying credit card in drag! Has anyone successfully done this?

Well, first of all, since things like drivers' licenses are recognized as official forms of identification, I doubt that they would allow you to have your picture taken in any kind of disguise. Furthermore, until you're actually a ways down the road in transition, and are actually going to legally change your sex, there's no way any official document of any kind is going to tag you as female.

Oh, incidently, due to some kind of oversight and error, my current drivers' license (with my guy pic on it) does have me listed as female. I think it's kind of cute.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Oh, incidently, due to some kind of oversight and error, my current drivers' license (with my guy pic on it) does have me listed as female. I think it's kind of cute.
    Marla,

Is your real first name usable as a girl's name ? It's possible that whomever typed up the form for use on your license, thought you were female from your first name. I'm not asking to know what your real name is....just had that thought out of curiosity.

Nope. It was just a clerical error.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

The idea of having a legal ID with your female name and stuff would be great, but under this, I dont think anywhere would allow purposely for anyone to have that done.

Well, I understand that it's not exactly the same thing, but I have several accounts with Bank of America. Their ATM/Credit cards have your picture on them and I asked if I could get one with my female picture on it. I was told absolutely BUT . . . . it had to be the ONLY picture associated with my account. In other words, I couldn't have one card with one pic on it, and one card with another. They would happily associate my "Kim" pic with the account, but that would be the ONLY picture on ALL of my cards.
    So not the same thing but I'll bet it is much the same concept. I'd be willing to bet that you CAN get your State Drivers License picture taken in fem, but that would be the ONLY picture and ID they will use.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I agree with TxKimberly, with one added bit: if they knew that you were a man dressed as a woman, it is unlikely they will let you do that. It would be a "false" identity in their view and not legal.

I can use my wife's credit card without problems why would it make any difference if they thought you were just your wife using your credit card. Just sign it appropriately.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I read somewhere that the state of Michigan will allow you to get a seperate ID card with your female ID on it, although they won't change your gender marker. It's also easy enough to get an updated picture on your driver's license, although, once again, they won't change your legal ID on it. You can legally add your female name to your birth name, which will allow you to get a state ID card with your AKA name on it for legal purposes. You will have to go in front of the Probate Court judge to explain the change for legal purposes, and the filing fee for legal name change in Michigan is $150. I'm planning on doing that this spring as a step in my transition. MI won't allow you to change your gender marker unless you've at least had an Orchiectomy.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here in Florida, you can get a Florida state ID card. It's just as valid as a driver license for identity purposes, and there are no pesky required tests.
    You can get one with a picture of you in femme, but you'll have to use your male name and all that.

The only issue that you may encounter is if you get pulled over, while in drab.
    When an officer check's your ID, the picture that shows up on his computer would show you in femme.
    The database, does not keep alternate pictures of you so the picture that they take of you, in femme, will overwrite your male picture.

The only way you can replace that femme picture with your male self, is to get a new drivers license, in drab.
    Last edited by joann07; 03-30-2008 at 12:45 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Well, I can do an unusual thing. I had an IL Driver's License, but I'm temporarily living in Houston, Texas. So I was thinking I could just have a Texas State ID in drag no Driver's License! And I'd keep this Texas Drag ID forever!

I still think it is no problem

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneT View Post
    I agree with TxKimberly, with one added bit: if they knew that you were a man dressed as a woman, it is unlikely they will let you do that. It would be a "false" identity in their view and not legal.
    Actually I think even then it is not a problem. This IS the United States and you ARE allowed to present in any fashion you darn well please. Women change their hair every day, from short to long, long to short, blonde to brown, black to red, etc, etc, and they run in to no issues along these lines. If you want to appear female, that is entirely up to you. Of course they WILL insist that you use the appropriate gender and name - those things are not optional. Your appearance however is entirely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Well, I can do an unusual thing. I had an IL Driver's License, but I'm temporarily living in Houston, Texas. So I was thinking I could just have a Texas State ID in drag no Driver's License! And I'd keep this Texas Drag ID forever!
    Kate, one thing you should know. In the great State of Texas it is illegal to have both, I State DL and a State ID (I checked). With your DL being from a different State you MIGHT get away with it, but then again you might not. I remember my Drill SGT telling us 25 years ago that you can do anything you want, just don't get caught! lol

I doubt that they would allow you to have your picture taken in any kind of disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossdressinGoth View Post
    The idea of having a legal ID with your female name and stuff would be great, but under this, I dont think anywhere would allow purposely for anyone to have that done.
    Currently at least Georgia and Maine allow you to have Both a drivers and a non-drivers id. Wigs and makeup used in the normal fashion cannot be considered a "disguise" as long as they do not obscure the natural features of the face. If enhansing your appearance was illegal many genetic women would probably not let them take their picture without makeup! I have both a male picture id (drivers) and a female picture id (non-drivers). They both have the same legal info on height, weight, sex, etc... Both are legal ids for all purposes except of course opperating a motor vehicle.

Take note: things may change with the "Real ID Act" from the feds. There are still a few states trying to keep this from happening but I don't think they will win. Keep you eyes open for changes that will be coming as things are implimented across the country.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...8&d=1186166662
    Here is one of our past threads on this subject.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=64017
    Sally

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    [B]Currently at least Georgia and Maine allow you to have Both a drivers and a non-drivers id.
    My understanding is that the State of Washington will allow the same. I.D. with a fem picture and boys name and other info.
    Dana Ryan

Banned Read only
    No name or gender marker change, but I've had recent passport, driving lisence and work visa photos taken while dressed.

No problem what so ever at any of the offices and even US TSA takes the ID without any problem.

In Ohio, the drivers license and state ID are both legal documents. And attempt to provide false information, is a violation of state law. You can't have both, a drivers license and a state ID. There is no prohibition how ever to manner of dress. But a wig and makeup, might not go pass the licence photo requirement. Because you would be disguising who you are.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    First:

Marla, I know another person like this who is male but the birth certificate has him listed female.

Now, most places take an secondary form of identification. Yesterday I was considering creating my own female ID based on a driver license in fact I was going figure out how to create one of my own, I do know that a few girls Carry a TG id card that contains the same information as there license, however I have a totally different last name. I do have an ID I made which is an work ID to a company I created and it does not exist and it is fun to see the reactions of people when the see a female work ID.

My suggestion is to find out if they would take a secondary form of ID or just create one that stays in the wallet that looks like an official work ID.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    "Kate, one thing you should know. In the great State of Texas it is illegal to have both, I State DL and a State ID (I checked). With your DL being from a different State you MIGHT get away with it, but then again you might not. I remember my Drill SGT telling us 25 years ago that you can do anything you want, just don't get caught! lol[/QUOTE]"

Kim
    was this changed recently..about 10yrs ago i went and got an ID card. I still have it though it has expired. I had to keep my male name on it , but it has a fem picture..I have been debating whether to get another one, but I dont get "carded "anymore

afew weeks ago I got stopped for speeding and I was in girl mode and gave him my DI and he didnt bat an eye, so again I was thinking maybe I dont need the ID card now

Man this is so complicated! If I can get a counterfeit femme ID that will pass too, maybe I'll just do it that way! I mean, it's only purpose is not to get caught by male ID while shopping.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Several years ago, there was a gal at the Esprit Convention in Port Angeles WA, that we had doing I.D.'s I think that she was from Oregon. She had several different state looking I.D. cards that were available. I had one made for me and it looked almost like my Washington drivers license. It said at the top of the card Washington State Indentification Card, or something like that. If had my fem picture and name and for I.D. number I listed my Washington State Drivers License number. I figured if I did get into some kind of situation, this along with my drivers license would help get me out of it.
    Dana Ryan

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Ok here is my 2 cents.l California you can have both a state ID and and Drivers license. I have both en femme but not on purpose.

I got my state ID en feme then I lost my DL. Turns out they use the last picture you took when you renew or say you lost your DL. Since the last pic I took was for my state ID , they used that for my DL pic.
    Last edited by Niya W; 03-30-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Man this is so complicated! If I can get a counterfeit femme ID that will pass too, maybe I'll just do it that way! I mean, it's only purpose is not to get caught by male ID while shopping.
    Just why do you think you will be "caught" while in drag ? Using a fraudulent ID for any official purpose, will get you in plenty of hot water. Don't do it. Rather let someone think you a guy in a dress is easier.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    my state ID

Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    Several years ago, there was a gal at the Esprit Convention in Port Angeles WA, that we had doing I.D.'s I think that she was from Oregon. She had several different state looking I.D. cards that were available. I had one made for me and it looked almost like my Washington drivers license. It said at the top of the card Washington State Indentification Card, or something like that. If had my fem picture and name and for I.D. number I listed my Washington State Drivers License number. I figured if I did get into some kind of situation, this along with my drivers license would help get me out of it.
    I'm telling ya danar. Don't ever use it for anything official. You could get in big trouble for a fraudulent ID. I don't mean to be harsh with you. Just giving you good knowledgeable advice.

Maybe you just need one of these....

Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]