Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rude Sales Lady/Smithhaven Mall, LI

Lingering Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Hmmm, that is a little unusual.
    Normally when a GG wants to look or dress like a man, people don't say or think anything of it.
    Lots of butch women beg to differ, including the ones that have lost their jobs for their gender presentation, and the ones who have been thrown out of night clubs because they dared to use the women's restrooms, and the ones that have been called nasty things by random strangers.

Women have more "freedom" only as long as they only wear things that have become socially acceptable for women to wear. IOW, if lots of "normal" heterosexual women would dress that way, it's okay. But once you cross the line and cease appearing heteronormative, then no, not everyone is accepting or even tolerant.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalguy639 View Post
    Personally I would of taken my business elsewhere and left. There are plenty of places you can get eyeglasses and get the prescription filled. Sorry this happened to you.
    you know i was just thinking this.....i wouldnt have given her the commission, at the very least i would have asked for another less rude sales person

you know i was just thinking this.....i wouldnt have given her the commission, at the very least i would have asked for another less rude sales person
    If two things weren't happening at the time, I would have....One is that I didn't want to make it any worse than it was since Joey was there...the other was, I'm driving to Ohio today, My other pair aren't the right prescription anymore, we had about fifty things to do, and I just needed to be able to see.....and I needed a new pair fast.....there was only one other sales lady and she was busy, the place was pretty crowded.....so I just got My exam, ordered My stuff, and got out of there....Not sure if she makes commission or if she just gets paid hourly....I just wanted the whole thing over with.
    Ever The Opportunist

Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    I got this pair...http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp...html?GTSE=FRGL .... ,a free pair to keep in My car for a spare (they were running a buy one/get one).... and 90 days worth of daily wear contacts.....Spent almost $700.00, so yeah, you would think they would be a little more accommodating than they were....Was just her, though, the optometrist was very nice....and I got the glasses today and I can see well with them.....so, what can you do?
    Very very nice...you have good taste

Yes they make commision...I did that for a living.....if they are a chain store...i'm sure they have an 800 number. You handled it in the right way you did'nt stoop to her level.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Erk! I cannot abide rude and ignorant sales associates. I worked retail for years and years and I would never have imagined saying anything so personally insulting. Actually it makes her look like a dumbass. Her question was moronic at best.

Anyway, you handled it fine, because you were there to get a job done and you followed through despite how she made you feel. I'm sure she'll happily go on to offend many other customers, not just trans people - she just sounds like one of those 'let me put my foot in my mouth' type of people...who SHOULDN'T be working with the public.

The best lines are always ones that come to you after... like saying in response to her "Actually I'm a customer... or was until you were so rude to me!" and stalking out.

But then you don't get what you needed, and she won't learn anyway. Some people are just oblivious.

So good on you. A few more weeks of T and you'd have punched her out.

I'm kidding. Never hit a girl. No matter how rude they are.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Nah, I wouldn't.....not unless it was kink and she wanted Me to......LOL
    Ever The Opportunist

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    Was that a challenge, I wonder?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

How rude! First of all why would anyone ask such a question? In public....in front of other customers!
    [SIZE="3"]If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    How rude! First of all why would anyone ask such a question? In public....in front of other customers!
    Hey Ben.... you're new, eh? Wanna do an intro in the New Members section so we can greet you properly and get to know you a bit better?

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasGJ View Post
    Hey Ben.... you're new, eh? Wanna do an intro in the New Members section so we can greet you properly and get to know you a bit better?
    Thanks for the heads up....done deal
    [SIZE="3"]If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. [/SIZE]

Lord of the Toesocks Fire Falcon's Avatar
    Oh, geeze...

I'd write the store a letter and tell them that you're going to shop elsewhere because of the SR... Then actually do it.

Oy, people are impossible sometimes...

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    yay your going to be in ohio!!!! that's sooo close to me :P

keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

yay your going to be in ohio!!!! that's sooo close to me :P
    Am leaving tomorrow now, My son is sick, am going to go do some things for him....Typical 23 year old, has the flu and no food in his apt. <<sigh>>
    Ever The Opportunist

Trey that woman was a bee-yotch!! But I had to laugh at your response. That was great!! I need new glasses too and am dreading picking frames. I hope my experience is better than yours. Hugs to you my friend!