Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you view CDing as a Fetish???

Do you view CDing as a Fetish???

I know that this is probably just a stupid question. But, Over the years as a part time CDer. The question has come to mind is this just a fetish? And I thougth that I would ask the question here and get your thoughts. Now don't get me wrong. I love the fem side of me(Paula) and hope to find more time and support with it as my journey continues.
    No, those are my Panties]

Fetish fashions are sometimes confused with costuming, because both are usually understood to be clothing that is not worn as the usual wardrobe of people, and is instead worn to create a particular reaction..

On some levels CDing can be a fetish. I would say if you CD for sexual gradification only or shock value, then that might be called a fetish. If you like most of us and just like to enjoy getting dressed, going out, blending in, shopping, and having a good time, then no I would not consider a fetish.
    Last edited by JoAnnDallas; 04-03-2008 at 12:42 PM.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    This is a great question and I wish I had the time today to give a good answer.... but the short one:

I believe that for many people, it is fetish. I know for me, that is true - to a degree. Not a large part, but true. In a way it is a collection of fetishes: clothing, "looks", underwear, etc. Normally a fetish is a sexually related obsession. In some cases, I'm not sure how many, being a CD is not a sexual thing. It is just a way to express a gender preference. The fact that the majority of CD's are hetrosexuals is, and always will be, confusing to the average person. So, if you suggested to them that it was a fetish, they could maybe understand it better. Now of course, there are still the TG's etc... ooooo.... this could be a long talk! Arrgggg... must head back to work.
    Last edited by CharleneT; 04-03-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulaluvssz8 View Post
    Is CD'ing a fetish ?
    I do not do it for any kind of sexual gratification, so for me, the short answer is........NO.

It,s not a fetish for me.
    I c/d because it makes me feel complete on many differant levels...[Not sexual!!]

Well Paula,

According to Dictionary.com, the Psychology definition says: "Any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation."

So...I guess I'd have to say there's some element of that definition in cross dressing. But, and I wish I had a bigger Butt, I'm not sure that to define cross dressing as a fetish is very accurate. There are some articles that perhaps have "fetish" qualities for me and sometimes erotic response, but overall the long term pleasure is more embracing as a feminine feeling of comfort and contentment. Perhaps others may take me to task, and I generally agree with the previous postings.

Great question!

ChanDelle

Single and Looking!! Erica Lauren James's Avatar
    Nope!!! But maybe I'm Addicted. I love dressing as a girl!!

Erica
    Someday You'll Find What You're Looking For
    I'm Looking for a GG!!
    If you admirer me then don't be shy and let me know!! I've gotten 4 Secret Admirers and I have no idea who you are. So please(pretty please) let me know who you are. Thanks So much!!!

I just love the feeling of dressing, and appearing to be a woman. I love the sense of well-being I get when I'm wearing women's clothes, make-up etc. I think it is a stress reducer. When I am dressed I feel so relaxed, no tension, so comfortable. It still boggles my mind, that women can't wait to get the make-up off, let the hair down, get the bra off, the heels off, and for me, I can't wait to get in them! It is sometimes depressing to have to take everything off, and yet other times, it's ok. Certainly though, at least for me, I'm way more relaxed as a woman, and as much as I like the look on me, I think the reality is, it is a great sense of calm, that is perhaps the most hidden reason why I love to dress, more internal, than external in that respect. So externally, I love the look I can create of being a woman, and internally, I love the peaceful calming effect it has on my being.

If i had to call it anything i would call it a compulsion .

joanne

Paula, according to the "experts" it all depends when you started doing it. If you started during puberty then it probably is a fetish. But then I don't believe the "experts" and we are all different anyway
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Nope, just a form of expression for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I used to, but not anymore. I used to get turned on by dressing, now I get a wonderful feeling and it has nothing to do with sex.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Sometimes i think CDing is a fetish and sometimes i think its not a fetish.

IS: because its a fixation with a sexual turn-on

ISN'T: because CDer's feel completion when dressing that isn't related to sexual turn-on

FUZZY LINE: items of fixation become associated with the good feelings they produce so just wearing the clothes releases feel good brain chemicals (without sexual arousal) A person can become physically addicted and no longer feels complete without the items of fixation.

Behavioral conditioning and reinforcement.

A cycle that loops back in on itself.

bEEb
    Yup.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Right in the beginning, all those years ago, yes it was fetistishtic ( New word).
    Now it is just getting dressed with a different outfit expressing the other me.
    Simple ?

~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Early on, I thought that my crossdressing was some kind of fetishism... Although I didn't know the word at that time...

In fact that was also the oint of view of my wife when I told her soon afeter our wedding... (I didn't tell her before as I thought it would go away after havinh regular sexual relations)

And indeed, for a long time I would only wear girdles or "all in one" girdles.

It was only a few years later that I started to wear other women clothes on top of the underwear... That's also when my wife became far less understanding...

Right now I almost never dress as a fantazy. I only dress "en femme" to feel good, do all sorts of very mundane things... Reading, using my computer, doing house chores, cooking, going to the restaurant with some friends, etc...

Now, I only use x-dressing as a fantazy when I feel sexualy excited. In which case my x-dresser's attire is quite different from the one I use in general... Agressively ****ty, just a man's fantazy...

Eugenie

after almost 50 years I still get very sexually turned on by dressing. I think about dressing almost all the time. Fetish?, compulsion?, whatever, just enjoy it!!

Very seldom have I not met a Cd who didn't have "preferences." Usually, it was a preference for a particular piece of clothing or enhancement. I.E. stockings, pantyhose, heels, certain styles of wigs, or certain styles of clothing. I don't know that all those preferences had a sexual connotation to them, (and that's the classic definition of fetish). But they seem to be a big part of the thrill for that individual.

On the other hand, for many of us, Cd is a "lifestyle." Either part time or full time. Now the question becomes is a preference or a lifestyle a fetish? I would conjecture that the answer might be "perhaps." Perhaps they would be, if they cannot be given up when they become impediments to the overall quality of life.

For me, it's not a fetish. Rather than an impediment, I think of my "preferences" as an enhancement to my lifestyle! For others, the situation might be the exact opposite. So maybe the label can only be applied to an individual...BY CHOICE. Gets really hard to use these labels, when we speak in generalities.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

half and half

At times I dress for the sexual excitement and most other times I dress because it is more comfortable and relaxing. There is a fetish part but also just a comfort thing, a stress relief. The more I dress the less of a fetish it becomes for me.

Man in a dress
    I'm with Kimberly on this one.

It used to be a massive turn on, but these days it just feels right.... I still get slightly turned on occasionally when putting on something special, or sexy, but that not why I do it. I wear female clothing because It feels right, more comfortable. I feel more complete, more at ease with life when dressed.

I do have fetish wear... PVC dresses, maids outfits, schoolgirl etc etc etc, but mainly my crossdressing isn't for fetsish reasons.

So yes it can be a fetish but it's not all of the time.

DJ
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls.
    It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

Personally, yes. Although at home I feel far more at ease wearing a skirt, blouse etc.

These days however i would never "pass".
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I would say no. I think that it is letting me show the world the real me and how I feel inside. There is gradification but it is not sexual at all.

Kimberleigh Ann

for me i would say it's a little bit of both worlds. i get sexual satisfaction from it, but it is also very relaxing, like someone said above. it's a way to freely express myself, emotionally and sexually.

Fetish? Hmm....I think not. Addiction, perhaps is closer to it. It has, for me, many of the earmarks of an obsession or an addiction.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

i wonder if some women get a sexual thrill from wearing a short skimpy outfit ! i would imagine some do - surely it depends a bit on what your wearing - a short tight lycra mini skirt with 4 inch heels could still turn me on a bit - after all if i saw a gg wearing the same thing it would turn me on - but yeh i agree the need and relaxation from dressing is definately more important to me these days